Locators and music preparation

Mixvibes iOS / Android apps for smartphones and tablets: CrossDJ / CrossDJ Remote
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Locators and music preparation

Postby FigDJ on 21 Oct 2013, 14:59

I was thinking that it would be great to be able to prepare tracks on the road using the iPad instead of having to pull out the laptop. Then once arrived at destination transfer the audio files from iPad to PC/Mac for the collection with the cue points and peak files. I think Traktor DJ does something similar.

Granted the iPad app will never have as many features as the full application in a PC/Mac. However, it would be helpful given that if we could do the preparation in the iPad and then transfer to PC/Mac then the number of locator for all be equal across (meaning to have 8 locator on the iPad app as we do in the PC version).

I am suggesting that on the iPad app The little flag icon/button could have a dual purpose. Instead of using and x icon/button on the locator section, put 2 rows of button for locator 1-4 and locators 5-8. Then use the flag icon/button in dual purpose.

Something similar could be done with the loop button as dual purpose giving space to place 8 loop buttons in the loop section. All without re-working the applications general layout.

I think the layout is fantastic and only need a few tweaks to bring it the same number of locator and loops button available on PC/Mac.

Of course this is just me brainstorming and there is a long strech between thinking about something and implementing it. Just my suggestions.

Say if you are in loop mode and switch to locators then it works normally. While in locator mode push the locator button a second time it makes it toggle between regular and delete mode with a change of color on the flag icon/button. To switch to another mode simply press on of the other buttons (either grid or loop) and reset the flag button back to normal operation.

would suggest thatIn order to bring the iPad in
FigDJ

Re: Locators and music preparation

Postby FigDJ on 31 Mar 2014, 15:03

Please any comment on this request from other users or the Mixvibes team? Specially paragraph 2.
FigDJ

Re: Locators and music preparation

Postby Luziano on 01 Apr 2014, 10:31

Hi,

This is something we're thinking about, but it's not planned in the next version. We know that the ability to share metadata between iPad / Android / PC-Mac is a very interesting feature for users, and having this would be a big plus for Mixvibes.

We're already thinking about some design for it. But no date, sorry.
Luziano

Return to Android/iOS Suggestions