iOS analysis shared

Mixvibes iOS / Android apps for smartphones and tablets: CrossDJ / CrossDJ Remote
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

iOS analysis shared

Postby FigDJ on 15 Jul 2013, 20:59

I would be a tremendous improvement to be able to do all the analysis, beatgriding, and locator setting in the iPad and being able to transfer that information back to the laptop for use in Cross/CrossDJ.

It would also need to have key analysis just like the 2.5 RC version of Cross.

The point is to be able to use the iPad to prepare track while traveling and then transfer the analysis back to the laptop for use at a gig.

Analysis being cue points, peak analysis, BPM, and key analyzis.
FigDJ

Re: iOS analysis shared

Postby FigDJ on 16 Jul 2013, 17:42

Does anyone care to comment on this request?

From the developers and support perspective
Is it reasonable? on the list? not even going there?

From the fellow iOS and Cross users perspective

Do you agree? Care? would like to have?

I just want to know if I am totally offbase with this request or is it something that other Djs might be interested on and is it feasible.
FigDJ

Postby djphaidon on 17 Jul 2013, 06:54

I think it's a great idea. But not just for analysis and gridding.

I would love the ability to use my iPad for smaller gigs, and my large setup for main gigs, and have all the information completely interchangeable between the two setups. I hate to say it, but "similar to how Traktor does it" with their app and software. I have a feeling from hints that have been dropped on the forums that this is in the works though.

As far as that goes, I would rather have analysis happen on the computer cause it's so much faster, and then be able to create playlists, edit tag info, and do gridding and locator setting on the iOS app. Just how I would like to see it implemented.

MixVibes Cross 2.6.0
A&H Xone:DB4 / A&H Xone:K2 / QuNeo / iPad Lemur
15' MacBook Pro / 16Gb RAM

Retired: Jazzmutant Lemur / Korg padKontrol / Korg Zero 4 / VCI 100 / APC40 / NI S4 / Traktor

djphaidon

Postby UncleVibes on 17 Jul 2013, 09:33

I would love the ability ... I have a feeling from hints that have been dropped on the forums that this is in the works though.
:cool: :biggrin:
UncleVibes

Postby Dj-Pawwa on 25 Jul 2013, 02:29

i was thinking about this right now, it would be great for someone that travel a lot (not just for djing :rolleyes: ) to use an iPad or an iPhone to prepare the beatgrid, the hot cues and the loops without using the computer
i usually travel from 4 to 6 hours in a train full of people, standing up (thank italian trains) and i usally have a gig the same or the next day, the thing that i want more is to take my boiling macbook out of my bag and start to place hot cues and loop :lol:

another idea is full integration of Pioneer rekordbox in Cross but i will open another topic about this
Dj-Pawwa

Return to Android/iOS Suggestions