My suggestions for crossDj iPad

Mixvibes iOS / Android apps for smartphones and tablets: CrossDJ / CrossDJ Remote
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

My suggestions for crossDj iPad

Postby Vektius on 28 Jan 2013, 22:16

Hi,

I'm going to suggest quite a lot, I am a very realistic person and I know not everything will be added/done, and some stuff is maybe done/to be released.

I love CrossDJ, i was looking for a decent DJ iPad app, and you have made it! (yes, I do only own CrossDJ iPad atm.)

Suggestions:

Audiobus support: you may already have heard this one, but it would be awesome to remap crossDJ as an input to a recording/studio app. A second option would be having a line-in inside of CrossDJ where we could remap apps like iMPC/samplers/beatmakers trought it to complement our mixes.

More Hotcue's: I would love if we could make more hotcue's, I know with 6 hotcue's you already have more as the others, but I love to chop up/beatjuggle songs, and i find myself out of cue's a lot of times.
Another feature for cue's would be to Cueloop them, meaning when you'd press the cue button it would automatically loop it inside a pre-saved loop.

The Slip Loop option: I would prefer the slip button to quickly remove a loop and put it back when you unpress it.
You could make the sliploop feature you have now a press+slide to keep it pressed (like you'd mash a button in a way) and still maintain that ability.

Playlists: I love your playlist menu, readable, clear and awesome, but i'd like a little setting where we could choose how a playlist gets ordered. I like to make set playlists in the order i'll play my songs. Right now crossdj only orders them via alphabet only. (maybe a setting for alhabet, iTunes order, date added?)

AddingOnTheGo: Ok, first what do i mean by this? that I could open up my iTunes, decent to the app page of my iPad and click on crossDJ, put there music i don't have been able to synchronise with iTunes yet (I synchro my music, so if I'm not home,I must wait to play them.) they would appear inside a special playlist/folder in the play menu and thus I could play sounds i just found on anyone's PC. (maybe add the option to import files from dropbox/other cloud systems to that folder.)

A white theme: The dark theme is awesome, but if we could get the background to be white, in some situations it would be awesome!

Keylock: I know this has been asked a lot, just adding it to be complete on my wishlist of suggestions

That's about it, your app is a real worker.

I'm used to DJ'ing with laptop/controller, I started with CrossDj app 1.0.1 as a fun thing to do while I'm on the move, or just for friends jamming and not wanting to bring my setup. Now I started using at small gigs and if it gets even better (sure it will!) i might get rid of the laptop alltogheter.

Ok, thank you for this app guys!
http://www.mixcloud.com/DJVektius/

Gear:
2x iPad 2 64gb
Acer Aspire 7520G (4gb Ram)
reloop Mixage DJ
Behringer XENYX 802 (Output monitoring.)
JBSYSTEMS AMP200.2
2x JBSYSTEMS VIBE 12 mk2
Vektius

Re: My suggestions for CrossDJ iPad

Postby JuniorPops on 29 Jan 2013, 06:36

Also a Sampler, AutoMix, Record and the ability to set the selected playlist to shuffle the songs.
JuniorPops

Postby Vektius on 29 Jan 2013, 16:08

JuniorPops wrote:Also a Sampler, AutoMix, Record and the ability to set the selected playlist to shuffle the songs.

AutoMix is for me not that much needed, first because it ain't very original, second because you can just switch to your ipod music app and play it straight ahead. (but i can imagine automix can be usefull to some.)

Record could be nice, but with the audiobus feature it could be fixed even better.

Sampler, yeah! more cue's or a built in sampler!

Gear:
2x iPad 2 64gb
reloop Mixage DJ
JBSYSTEMS AMP200.2
2x JBSYSTEMS VIBE 12 mk2
Vektius

Postby djegun on 31 Jan 2013, 12:22

Thanks guys for your wish-lists. New updates are coming soon.
djegun

Postby Vektius on 06 Feb 2013, 02:47

One more wish i'd like to see, is a fx volume control and maybe a dry/wet button.

The crush fx is lots of times too loud, and toning it down makes it sound different.

Thank guys!

Gear:
2x iPad 2 64gb
reloop Mixage DJ
JBSYSTEMS AMP200.2
2x JBSYSTEMS VIBE 12 mk2
Vektius

Postby adigrecu on 18 Feb 2013, 22:20

Key Lock and beside "cue" "sync" and "play" buttons you need to add track time.
Regards
adigrecu

Postby adigrecu on 18 Feb 2013, 22:25

Time track view like in iPad remote
adigrecu

Postby adigrecu on 18 Feb 2013, 22:33

Sorry, was my first time on this support and seems to write in wrong post.
Actually, my suggestions are Key Lock and track time view for CrossDJ Remote, both for iPhone/iPod.
adigrecu

Postby JuniorPops on 21 Feb 2013, 17:11

Still awaiting update, also is there any way to Cross desktop and Cross for iPad to get your cue points
JuniorPops

Postby djegun on 22 Feb 2013, 11:25

We're waiting, apps are in Apple's review.
djegun

Return to Android/iOS Suggestions