CrossDj PRO Version with iDJ Pro Controller

Mixvibes iOS / Android apps for smartphones and tablets: CrossDJ / CrossDJ Remote
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: CrossDj PRO Version with iDJ Pro Controller

Postby djaykc on 11 Dec 2014, 16:35

Lol.... Good one!
djaykc

Postby Roc-ko on 25 Jun 2015, 09:54

Does anyone know the outcome of Numark idjpro and Cross DJ?
I'm new here and I own a idjpro, just wondering if DJ Cross mapped
Idjpro? Because I can't find a answer
Roc-ko

Postby RoJeC on 25 Jun 2015, 10:46

It hasn't been mapped.
It's a bit older product so not likely on top of the list. However plans are in place to allow users to map their own MIDI-devices. Unfortunately technical challenges make this harder than in Windows/Mac.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby Roc-ko on 25 Jun 2015, 16:54

Yeah, it is an older controller and the portrait view doesn't help. A lot of DJ apps are mostly
Landscape due to allowing a larger area for the 2 turntables and a mixer style.
I'm kind of bummed out about not being able to use DJ Cross with the idjpro because they would go so well together. Well I guess I can hope you guys change your mind, even though I
Notice other DJ's have been asking about the mapping going back a couple of years now.
Which make the odds less of a chance to map out idjpro.
Roc-ko

Postby RoJeC on 25 Jun 2015, 18:47

I only know Cross working landscape with 2 decks.
Never seen portrait. Could be a device specific issue. Are all your Cross screens portrait. ..
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby Roc-ko on 25 Jun 2015, 21:59

I was talking about the Numark idj-pro controller. If you have ever seen it, it allows the iPad to sit vertical (portrait) in the middle. With most DJ apps spinning the iPad horizontally(landscape) gives the
Software more room to setup the (2 turntables and a mixer) style which also allows more features to be spread out and not cluddered
Like in the vertical position. Djay 2 app made a special version to work vertical(portrait) strictly for the idj-pro. I think that is the reason DJ Cross hasn't mapped the idj-pro because of the custom view
Setup being vertical and still having 2 turntables and a mixer to work with.
Roc-ko

Postby DJ Vintage on 26 Jun 2015, 15:49

Yep, the best iPad integration implementation by far. The iPad sits solid within the controller, touch is great, no bounce, no fear of someone leaning on or knocking your iPad from it's perch at the back (audience facing) side of your controller.

But ... it sits portrait.

I don't buy the whole "it's an older controller" theme. It's gone into second life not to long ago, a clear sign that it is a very popular model or it would have been dropped long ago.

I do understand that having to through the whole screen orientation around just to support on controller is a design challenge not worth the trouble.

So iDJ Pro users (like me) will have to settle for DJay 2 or get really serious about learning an app and go with DJ Player.
DJ Vintage

Postby Roc-ko on 27 Jun 2015, 00:58

I'm with you brother.... I hear ya! It is the best DJ controller made for the iPad and that's why If they mapped DJ Cross they would go so good together. We are stuck with Djay 2, like you said, unless you go with DJ Player.
Roc-ko

Postby Roc-ko on 27 Jun 2015, 01:16

Numark had an app for the idj-pro called iDJ 2.0 by Mix Meister. Do you know where to get this app?
Roc-ko

Postby Roc-ko on 27 Jun 2015, 01:27

I'm sorry for posting that on this forum. I did some research and that app sucks anyway I guess it's real basic
Roc-ko

PreviousNext

Return to Android/iOS Suggestions