CrossDj PRO Version with iDJ Pro Controller

Mixvibes iOS / Android apps for smartphones and tablets: CrossDJ / CrossDJ Remote
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

CrossDj PRO Version with iDJ Pro Controller

Postby marcorohr on 01 Nov 2012, 23:18

Hi!

What about a CrossDJ Pro Version (as In-App Purchase) that would work with Numarks iDJ Pro?

I would immediately spend money to see this happening, and I think a Lot of People would Love a professional alternative to Algoriddims Djay App.

I just bought the iDJ Pro, and i Love the concept, but crossDJ is working so much better that Djay - unfortunately Not with
The Controller :)

Could we change that?
Hier steht etwas sehr tiefsinniges, aber wahrscheinlich spricht niemand von euch Deutsch. (Watzlav Gottodowith)
marcorohr

Re: CrossDJ PRO Version with iDJ Pro Controller

Postby w.u. on 02 Nov 2012, 11:56

Hello marcorohr,

Thank you for your suggestion. The iOS world is quite new and there are a lot of things to do. We appreciate your feedback on our application.
We can't tell so much about the future development but don't worry, we are looking at these different in app options.

Thank you again for your post!
w.u.

Postby DJ_Jaybee on 03 Jan 2013, 02:57

I would love CrossDJ iPad version to work with the iDJ pro controller too :)
DJ_Jaybee

Postby marcorohr on 03 Jan 2013, 13:45

That would really be a Big Thing!!
Hier steht etwas sehr tiefsinniges, aber wahrscheinlich spricht niemand von euch Deutsch. (Watzlav Gottodowith)
marcorohr

Re: Cross DJ PRO Version with iDJ Pro Controller

Postby DJ Vintage on 19 Jun 2013, 17:43

DJay in my humble opinion is NOT the right app for this controller for several reason (I can go into them on request :-)).

A Cross DJ version for the iDJ Pro would be awesome, especially for those of us who use two sets of gear, one full-fledged full sized mixer and mediaplayers with a laptop and the iDJ Pro for the quick and dirty small venue outings.

On top of that I think it is a great platform to profile your app for iPad based controller DJ-ing. I personally think that with it's features, it's form factor and the iPad being fully integrated (physically as well) into the unit, it makes for the perfect show piece.

Greetinx,
C.
DJ Vintage

Postby DJ Vintage on 31 Dec 2013, 12:25

I wonder ... will this ever happen?

I love my Cross (playing around with 3.0RC which is awesome). Like the sampler thingies in the recent iPad release. But ... still forced to use DJ Player as my favorite software does not play nicely with my iDJ Pro.

Can someone comment on the possibility of it ever happening?

Not gonna hold my breath, but have been holding off doing a full collection prep in DJ Player in hopes of a coming update with portrait/iDJ Pro support.

If it's not gonna happen anytime soon (say in the next 6 months) let me know also. I can adjust my plans then.

Hint: Would be nice to show at the Prolight + Sound Frankfurt fair.

Greetinx and keep up the good work!
DJ Vintage

Postby DJ Vintage on 04 Jan 2014, 12:13

Comments anybody? Don't leave me hanging here! :rolleyes:
DJ Vintage

Postby DJ Vintage on 04 Jan 2014, 18:19

I am quite sure I had a reply here this morning. And I replied to that.
Both are gone now?
DJ Vintage

Postby UncleVibes on 06 Jan 2014, 12:42

I can't describe in detail the strategy we have for 2014.
We might do it or not.
As usual you will have updates and new functions at disposal.
As usual you will know the features when the soft is updated and not before.

This answer given in nov 2013 is still good in january 2014
Hello marcorohr,

Thank you for your suggestion. The iOS world is quite new and there are a lot of things to do. We appreciate your feedback on our application.
We can't tell so much about the future development but don't worry, we are looking at these different in app options.

Thank you again for your post!
UncleVibes

Postby DJ Vintage on 19 Mar 2014, 22:25

Well, I guess I am going to have to sell my iDJ Pro. Over a year ago there were "hints" that a mapping and portrait Cross app might be happening. Now, still nothing happens and as usual nobody is willing to tell about the roadmap (like it's such a bad thing to say what controllers you expect to support, or maybe just which ones you definitely DON'T support).

And with support for Denon's MC6000 mk2 still nowhere in sight (it was great with mk1, but a mystery why there is no support for mk2 already, I can't imagine it changed THAT much!), I am more than a little disappointed now.

As a moderator over at Digital DJ Tips I have been telling lots of people to look at Cross (DJ) when considering DJ software. I can safely say I've been an avid supporter and user. Not so sure anymore. I love the product, but I am getting a little less enthusiastic about the secrecy about things.

Since the MC6000 mk2 IS arriving soon WITH Serato DJ, I am more than a little tempted to try that out. Since using an iPad app on my secondary set will no longer be an issue (as I will sell it), I guess I might have to switch (yet again arghhhh).

Greetinx,
Chuck
DJ Vintage

Next

Return to Android/iOS Suggestions