CrossDj PRO Version with iDJ Pro Controller

Mixvibes iOS / Android apps for smartphones and tablets: CrossDJ / CrossDJ Remote
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: Cross DJ PRO Version with iDJ Pro Controller

Postby djaykc on 17 Jul 2014, 02:25

I haven't given up on you guys, as hard as you make it for me not to. I bought Cross DJ 3 because I loved the interface and sound of your software. What won me over was the ability to play videos. Bought the software and my controller had some funky issue that I won't discuss here. Also I experienced a lot of crashing. This led me back to using the software I was using before Cross DJ. I bought the app as an experiment with my iPad some time ago. I currently own 2 iOS compatible controllers: Idj Pro and Pioneer We-go 2. Not one of these controllers are supported by the Cross DJ app. This really disappoints me. I tried to use a trial period to test the controllers but I couldn't figure that out. I don't mind supporting this project with a few extra dollars so I Di just that and bought the MIDI add-on and no luck.

In total I have spent almost $200 dollars on your products and I currently have to use other programs in place of them. I'm not going to go into an outrage but I want you to put yourself in my shoes. Please take the time to allow me to use my controllers (preferably the idj pro) with your Cross DJ app.

I burned my money with you all can you please help me. Thanks! :D
djaykc

Postby daniel clark on 17 Jul 2014, 06:29

:cool: hate to hear you issues with the software ,, not familiar with the iOS app ,, but any issues with the Cross software i can help you with ,, :?: briefly saw that you have only one posting ,, and realy would like to help you ,, so as you can ,,give info to the issues you have ,,in approiate fourm page ,, and hopefully they can be resolved ,, and you can get rid of that other software :eek: :mrgreen: :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby djaykc on 24 Jul 2014, 19:57

Well, brother Clark, my issues with the computer software is not my biggest issue... I think I'm over it for now. I really do thank you for responding to my post... Apparently your company doesn't have strong support for the iPad app because I would have gotten some type response from them just as you took time to do so.... All I can ask is will there be a compatible version with the idj pro.... I understand the coding may have to change and all of the technical things that come along with that.... Does it look like I'll be happy or just totally done with mixvibes? I worked hard for that money just as you are right now for yours....
djaykc

Postby FigDJ on 24 Jul 2014, 20:39

Understand your concerns and I share on the sentiment about things that should be supported with many other users. Just wanted to make the following clarification point.

Moderators do not work for Mixvibes, we are a little more seasoned users/DJs that have volunteered their time to help other users/Djs in the forum.
FigDJ

Postby daniel clark on 24 Jul 2014, 21:16

:cool: thanks figdj for the response ,like to add that my efforts are to get a better software ,, hoping to illicit change for the better ,, that's the pay off for a lot of us around here ,, hope your issues can be resolved as to hate see a user go byby due to not having the software meet there needs or expecations , :cool:

stay around to help try to get the desired outcome :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby DJ Vintage on 25 Jul 2014, 10:16

Just my two cents, nothing new here.

I believe the major hang-up when it comes to supporting the iDJ Pro is the fact that it has a portrait screen orientation. It's a mode that a lot of iPad apps standard have, so all that is needed is a good mapping and perhaps an adaptation or two.

Cross for iPad doesn't have a portrait mode and I guess that takes quite a bit of re-write. I can see how you don't want to do that for just a few people with an iDJ Pro, even though I have said from the beginning that I think the iDJ Pro is a perfect platform to show off your iPad apps.

So, without being negative or sad about it, I have given up hope that this will happen. Most iPad controllers have the iPad outside the unit on some kind of holder/stand, meaning you can flip it landscape and it will work as usual. I know people that use two iPads and a mixer to DJ with (they exist!) prefer to have their iPads in portrait mode next to the mixer, but since they really emulate mediaplayers with their iPads, I am guessing they are perfectly happy using any kind of app (there is no controller mapping or anything involved in that setup after all).
Also, the iDJ Pro was one of the first truly committed iPad controllers out there and has been around for a while. I doubt there will be a mark 2 version in the future. So that means the need for Mixvibes to rebuild their software to go portrait AND fit the iDJ Pro controller is only gonna diminish. Since it wasn't a big enough need to begin with when the controller was new ... well ...

I use DJay now if I don't want to think too much (only use the iDJ Pro for smaller, shorter events now) and DJ Player if I feel like going all out. It's a pity, the iDJ Pro concept (even without channel faders) was a good one imho. The flush and internally fitted iPad meaning less chance of damage, very good handling (no bouncing iPad when you press on the screen) and no barrier between you and the crowd as with a laptop or an iPad sitting upright.

But these things happen. It's like the Numark NV, it's a bold desing move and no doubt several people will get one. Also sure people will start asking when Mixvibes will start supporting the extra screens (which is most likely impossible as I am sure Numark is keeping the specs/interface to that close to their chest).

I guess my point is there is little use in blaming all of Mixvibes and saying no to all of their products (I've been a happy user of Cross since 2.4 or so on my larger Denon setups) because they aren't supporting a specific controller that tried to break the mould. Numark tried something else, those of us that own an iDJ Pro know what a clever way of implementing iOS DJ-ing into a hardware controller this is, but - unfortunately - no other manufacturers picked up on it, stayed with the lazy "stick it on a stand at the back" option and thus lowered the need for any app developer to support the unit.

It would have been nice to have Cross on the iDJ Pro, no second of doubt about it. And for users of Cross on other platforms not having to worry and just having only one software to prepare tracks in, do beatgridding in and such would have made life a lot easier (I have switched to doing playlists and such in iTunes, just so it's an easier transition going to DJAY), but I can see how/why it hasn't happened.

Honestly, with DJAY 2 and DJ Player as alternatives to the Cross app, if you ONLY play on the iDJ Pro and don't have other Cross software, I would say you can do a great job and it pays to prepare your tracks for one of those two apps. I'd recommend DJAY2 for it's straightforwardness and easy learning curve. DJ Player is most definitely one for the more demanding iOS DJ, pretty hefty learning curve, but absolutely the most featured app out there. Another "out of the box" company that goes well with the iDJ Pro.

Ok, make it 10 cents, not 2, but I just wanted to share.

Greetinx.
DJ Vintage

Postby djaykc on 01 Oct 2014, 09:32

I still say this is the best DJ app.... I'm still checking in with hopes my wishes may come true.... Also good work with sound cloud integration.... Can't wait to experiment with it on my iDJ Pro ;)
djaykc

Postby DJ Vintage on 22 Oct 2014, 23:20

News Flash!

Numark have gone ahead and made the iDJ Pro ready for the 30-pin to lightning adapter. Which means they expect to still sell a few more.

Perhaps enough to make Mixvibes have another look at it?
DJ Vintage

Re: CrossDj PRO Version with iDJ Pro Controller

Postby djaykc on 10 Dec 2014, 04:47

Still here with my fingers crossed on both hands :biggrin:
djaykc

Re: CrossDj PRO Version with iDJ Pro Controller

Postby DJ Vintage on 11 Dec 2014, 12:13

mixvibes CROSSed fingers?
DJ Vintage

PreviousNext

Return to Android/iOS Suggestions