Cross DJ Controller

Mixvibes Android applications for Smartphone and Pad: CrossDJ
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Cross DJ Controller

Postby Erick626 on 18 Mar 2019, 18:58

can someone recommend an affordable DJ controller that works using Cross DJ app (android or iOS, besides the Gemini Mix2Go). Looking for a Mixer that enables me to connect a set of headphones for pre-cueing using with the typical 3.5mm jack cable and the main sound on speakers via Bluetooth or AUX. Thank you in advance.
Erick626

Re: Cross DJ Controller

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 19 Mar 2019, 19:51

Hi Erick,

There are 6 controllers compatible with Cross DJ Pro on Android:
– MixVibes U-Mix Control
– MixVibes U-Mix Control 2
– MixVibes U-Mix Control Pro
– MixVibes U-Mix Control Pro 2
– Pioneer DDJ SB
– Pioneer Wego 2

And the Mix2Go is compatible only with Cross DJ Free.

Also check out this topic for a "hack" of sorts to get any Cross DJ PC/Mac compatible controller to work with Cross DJ Pro on Android and iOS. You can even download the Demo for Cross here on the forums to access the mapping files you might need.

Regards,
Adam @Mixvibes
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM
Team@Mixvibes

Postby Erick626 on 20 Mar 2019, 20:43

Adam thank you so much! I've was able to find a Pioneer wego2 in excellent shape on ebay, can't wait to play with it. I'm considering switching from Android tablet to iOS iPad. Any suggestions?
Erick626

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 20 Mar 2019, 23:42

No problem Erick!

In terms of iPad suggestions, I have a first generation iPad Air that runs Cross DJ great, so you most likely can find a decent deal on an older model.

You will also find that using a MIDI/Sound device is much easier on iOS, because of the large variety of Android devices it can be difficult to get sound working on a controller, but with iOS they all should work as controllers and sound devices, allowing you to pre-cue your tracks.

There are a few more controllers available on iOS that are not on Android for some reason, here is the full list:

– Hercules DJ Console RMX2
– Hercules DJ Control Air
– Hercules DJ Control Instinct
– MixVibes U-Mix Control
– MixVibes U-Mix Control 2
– MixVibes U-Mix Control Pro
– MixVibes U-Mix Control Pro 2
– Numark iDJ Live
– Numark iDJ Live II
– Numark MixTrack Pro
– Numark Mixtrack Pro 2
– Pioneer DDJ SB
– Pioneer Wego
– Pioneer Wego 2
– Vestax Spin 2

Incase you see one that you would want more than the WeGo2, but it is supported for all versions of Cross DJ.

Regards,
Adam @Mixvibes
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@Mixvibes

Postby Erick626 on 21 Mar 2019, 01:39

Thanks again!

I was able to download the app on my iPad air but currently having issues loading my mp3 files on Cross DJ Pro for iOS (I paid the $7.99). I keep getting the message "track cannot be played, Apple does not authorize apps to play tracks that are downloaded from iTunes DRM protection" why am I getting this warning I have purchased the music as Mp3 files? I added all my mp3 files on my PC using iTunes, from there I connected my iPad air to add music, am I doing it wrong? Please help thanks again.
Erick626

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 21 Mar 2019, 01:47

Very strange, Cross DJ should work with purchased music and only show that message for Apple Music files. You can check to make sure that Cross DJ is allowed to access your media in your iPads settings, then scroll down to find Cross DJ. Make sure the Media and Apple Music toggle is switched on and green (for some reason this is the terminology used by Apple now even though no other app can actually access Apple Music files).

You can also try restarting your iPad after that and if none of that helps let me know. You can also send one of the tracks you are trying to load as an attachment to support@mixvibes.com if possible, and we can run some of our own tests to get to the bottom of this.

Adam @Mixvibes
Thank You!
Team@Mixvibes

Postby ex-s on 21 Mar 2019, 13:43

Hi Team@Mixvibes,

Why don’t you mention Pioneer DDJ WEGO 3 on the list of controllers compatible with Cross DJ Pro on Android?

Last year it was on list. Has anything changed actually?
ex-s

Postby Jeffrey93 on 22 May 2019, 12:09

Hi,

List of hardware controllers compatible with feddback Cross DJ for Mac/PC
Jeffrey93

Postby Erick626 on 13 Aug 2019, 02:11

My we go took a dump and currently looking for a new controller. Is the Pioneer DDJ-SB2 compatible with iOS for ipads?
Erick626

Postby Alexxxlrus on 03 Jan 2020, 10:47

+1 to sb2 )))
Alexxxlrus

Return to Android Discussion