Bugs with version 3.2.5

Mixvibes Android applications for Smartphone and Pad: CrossDJ
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Bugs with version 3.2.5

Postby Legaldeejay on 27 Feb 2018, 15:39

Hi, I just got this program and have discovered a couple of bugs
which make the program somewhat impractical.

Automix - If a song is already playing in a deck, and I want to Automix the song in the next deck, the Automix will start right away when pressing the Automix button. This is not useful if a song is playing and you need to go away from the booth for a few moments and want to Automix the next song in the deck. The Automix should start when the song already playing is about to end. It seems the Automix feature is dependent on playlists and which playlist was last opened in the Library which should be changed so that you can put songs into a queue and Automix any songs you want from any source. But the major bug with this feature is if you load a song in the next deck in the middle of an Automix, the slider will just move left and right constantly without playing anything. Please fix this.

Autocue - It seems Cross DJ will automatically set cue points near the beginning of tracks, but most often these system points will be set after the beginning of the track. There does not appear to be any way to change this and you cannot set your own cue points at the beginning of these tracks. This should be fixed so that the Autocue is either more accurate or we should be able to set the Autocue anywhere in the track. The workaround is to move the turntable to the beginning and stop it there, but this should be improved.

Thanks.
Legaldeejay

Re: Bugs with version 3.2.5

Postby Hanginon on 27 Feb 2018, 19:24

These are known, well documented issues, and still exist with 3.4.3, the newest (and possibly last) version.
Hanginon

Postby RoJeC on 28 Feb 2018, 07:38

Hanginon's reply is about the PC/mac version of Cross.

Welcome and thanks for your info.

Automix direct start is a design choice. As sometimes you want it to start right away and sometimes kick in later.

As automix works with the active playlist you can make your own Queue list and work with it on the fly.

To set your own cue: stop track at wanted position and press Cue. Works like this since first test version.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby Legaldeejay on 28 Feb 2018, 18:30

RoJeC, thanks for your response, but you did not address my question about the Automix bug. When loading a track in a deck in the middle of an automix, the slider will constantly move back and forth and not play anything. The Automix feature should be changed so that there is an option to queue the next track or immediately start it.

Also, you must have not understood my post about Autocue. There are many tracks where you cannot set cue points at the beginning of a track because the system has already set a cue point a few seconds after the beginning, and you cannot change the system cue points.
Legaldeejay

Postby RoJeC on 01 Mar 2018, 09:06

When Automix is enabled it's supposed to automix. So there would be not much of a reason to load tracks at the same time.
Don't have an android device at hand while replying to see what's happening. so you could be right that whatever happens it should be causing erratic behaviour.

Having an option to start automix with the active track isn't as easy as you make it sound. First of all any option added makes it less easy to use it. Further, if added, what if 2 decks are active, what if decks are loaded but not active. This would require interface options, which is a no go for DJing by controller.
In all it;s definitely not a bug but a design choice. And your suggestion is noted.

Cue points can be set anywhere anytime as depending on your set the cue point may be at start with a full intro or way later to mix a set with over 10 tracks a minute. The analyze feature just puts it somewhere at the beginning depending on various parameters.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby Legaldeejay on 01 Mar 2018, 10:47

RoJeC, I believe that it is not a good design choice the way Automix works now and it is definitely acting erratically.

And you CANNOT set cue points anywhere you want AT THE BEGINNING of the track if the system has already chosen a cue point after the beginning. I have already tested this on my Android device.
Legaldeejay

Postby RoJeC on 01 Mar 2018, 20:34

Tried loading a track while running automix... Same behaviour as you mentioned. Keeps loading next track without activating Play. Doesn't make sense.. Can be stopped by pressing Play.
So definitely a bug there.

Tested setting Cue and don't have any problem putting it anywhere for all tested tracks. Also if analyzed Cue is after start.
Might it be you have trouble setting a Cue point to a position that is off grid? in that case you have to disable Quantize in settings.
Ronald

RoJeC

Postby Legaldeejay on 01 Mar 2018, 21:25

RoJeC, do you work for Mixvibes? What are the chances that this will be fixed?

For the Autocue, I did disable Quantize when testing it but I still could not set a cue point at the very beginning of the track where the system cue point was set about 1 second afterwards.

As I said in the prior post, the way around this is to just move the cursor to the beginning when playing normally, but do not press Cue, and then start it when it's ready. But this won't sound right when doing an Automix.
Legaldeejay

Postby Legaldeejay on 02 Mar 2018, 04:35

OK you're right about Quantize. When turning that off, you can set the cues wherever you want so that is resolved. That leaves the Automix feature which I see as the only issue with the program. Once that is fixed, this will be a solid program.
Legaldeejay

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 02 Mar 2018, 05:56

Hi Legaldeejay,

And thanks RoJeC for helping him with the autocue issue. Disabling quantize is the best/only work around I have found for that issue. You can also edit the beat grids in Cross DJ Pro (not Free) which could allow you to place the cue where you want and leave quantize on.

Regarding the automix bug, it is a recent issue that seems to sprung up in 3.2.5. One other user reported it last week and I have been able to replicate it. I reported it it to the team so hopefully they can come up with a fix soon. One work around I found for now is, if you stop the automix playlist before going to load a track, it won't rapidly crossfade through the tracks in the playlist, and playback of the current playing song will continue.

All the best,
Adam @Mixvibes
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM
Team@Mixvibes

Next

Return to Android Discussion