Deleting playlists.

Mixvibes Android applications for Smartphone and Pad: CrossDJ
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Deleting playlists.

Postby hiredg00n on 28 Oct 2017, 19:50

How is this done? I deleted the m3u files out of the folders and rebooted, but the empty lists are still in Cross DJ, so I guess they just have to be deleted off the app. Touch + Hold, you know, the standard Android interaction to bring up menus over items, doesn't bring up an option to delete as would be the most obvious way. I found an old thread from 2011 (viewtopic.php?f=268&t=20313), evidently this was a fairly cryptic thing even way back then. But that method has changed, because I don't see the "-" button. Or I'm just not on the right screen, the attachment of his pictures no longer work so I can't tell.

Thanks.
hiredg00n

Re: Deleting playlists.

Postby hiredg00n on 06 Nov 2017, 03:04

So after corresponding with support for the basics then experimenting myself for the finer points, this is it:

Apparently the ability to delete playlists no longer exists in Cross DJ. What you have to do is open Play Music (a google thing), go to the My Library, Playlists, and Delete from there. Now here's the finer point: You may see a playlist in CrossDJ that is NOT in Play Music. 100% of the time for be it's been because the playlist is empty. CrossDJ will add empty playlists while Play Music will not. So in CrossDJ, tap the playlist, then from the upper right corner, hit Add to Playlist and add any 1 song to the playlist, it will then show up in Play Music and you can delete it.

Cool beans
hiredg00n

Return to Android Discussion