Strange Sync Problem.

Mixvibes Android applications for Smartphone and Pad: CrossDJ
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Strange Sync Problem.

Postby daddyfilth on 04 Apr 2017, 11:20

Hello, everyone.

I am really enjoying Remixlive at the moment and very happy with all it's capabilities.

The problem want to report is very limitating to me, so I would really apecciate any tips in how to resolve this.
Thanks in advance!!!!

I have loaded my own samples and I have them in categories DRUMS, PERCUSSIONS, BASS, MELODIES, ETC.

So, imagine I have all four playing in sync D,P,B,M.

if I remove the percussion or drum sample the beat will drop in bpm and starting to sound distorted (really distorted).
if I put that percussion sample back in playmode things will get back to normal sometimes.
It feels to me that if remixlive looses one of the rythmic samples it will not know how to sync (???)

I am using an ASUS Zenpad 10, the memory has 5 gb free and I have disabled most of the apps that consume RAM and it is still happening. (I have 1.1GB free ram)

I tried buffer size maximum and minimum and it still happens.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thank you all.
Last edited by daddyfilth on 04 Apr 2017, 12:26, edited 1 time in total.
daddyfilth

Re: Strange Sync Problem.

Postby daddyfilth on 04 Apr 2017, 12:23

I just did a small test.

My system can handle 6 loop pads playing at once but it starts to distort after I trigger the 7th.

Can you guys play more than that on a tablet without distortion?

Thank you all.

D.
daddyfilth

Postby daddyfilth on 04 Apr 2017, 15:16

so, I've turned multiple mode off and it helped a small bit. I guess I can hear things playing more clearly overall but after a few plays and stops the distortion slowly comes back.

I saw that the PC version requires 4gb ram, and my tablet is only 2GB ram. I was thinking this could be the problem, but after checking the apps consumption Remixlive is only using 185mb's leaving me still with 1Gb of ram unused.
And saw on this forum people saying it works perfectly on a Asus Zenpad 8 (Mine is Zenpad 10)

I have already disabled ableton link - no good.
I have changed quantize settings on samples and main clock to 4 - no good.
uninstaled and reinstalled - no good
pluged and unplugged from charger - no good
my android 5.0.2 - checked for updates, nothing came.

Please Help!
thanks
daddyfilth

Postby apazat on 04 Apr 2017, 16:00

Hello daddyfilth,

Sorry for your problem, and thank you for all the details.
I'll report this bug to the mobile development team and try to reproduce your bug.

It might be helpful to know what kind of samples are you using (file format, and duration)

We'll get back to you as soon as we have a solution and keep you updated !

Antoine @mixvibes
apazat

Postby daddyfilth on 04 Apr 2017, 16:12

Thank you so much, Antoine.

all of my samples are .wav and range from 705 to 2116 kbps.

Most are 2116 kbps.

All pads are on loop mode.

hq limiter is turned off.

Most samples are more than 10 seconds.
daddyfilth

Postby apazat on 05 Apr 2017, 13:48

Hi again,

I didn't yet manage to reproduce your problem, but I am still working on it.

I have two more questions :

You mentioned a drop in BPM, does the BPM value changes on the top bar ? (if it is the case, does it always drop to the same number ?)

Would it be possible for you to send us your samples so I can try with them ?

Thank you for your patience

Antoine @Mixvibes
apazat

Postby daddyfilth on 05 Apr 2017, 14:40

No problem.

Thanks, Antoine.

The bpm number never changes. I belive is just lagging. Or dragging the sound a lot. I tried to use the record mode to send you an example but it will record the samples perfectly even though they were lagging when I was playing the pads.

I will send you the samples right away.

can you give me an email adress to send them, please?
daddyfilth

Postby apazat on 05 Apr 2017, 15:02

You can send them to me at

antoine.pazat@mixvibes.com

I got a dropbox link from you 8 minutes ago, but it's broken (Error 429, this account's link are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled)

Can you try uploading it through a different channel (wetransfer for instance) ?
apazat

Postby daddyfilth on 05 Apr 2017, 15:14

wetransfer message loading.

another thing I want to add is I have more or less 2 gb in samples and they are stored on the remixlive folder. not the music one.

thanks again.
daddyfilth

Postby RoJeC on 05 Apr 2017, 15:52

Please keep Antoine's info as leading. Meanwhile some remakrs:

For Android folder size doesn't really exist. For 32bit OS's this is of some relevance. But for 64bit (or more) only in extreem situations (even in nr of files in a folder).

However if your loaded samples are high volume this may be an issue. As RL loads samples to memory it becomes an issue if not all can be loaded. This means samples will be partially loaded and during playback the CPU also has to be used to read from 'disk'.

As your recording appears to be right this points towards CPU stress load. It could be that your audio output basically is slowed down, so the beat is in a irregular slowmotion.

The recording is also written in slowmotion, but as nothing else apparently interferes it's done without interruption. So when you play it back it sounds normal. (whereas e.g. if you rip a CD with high CPU load caused by an other programm you will end up with silences)
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Next

Return to Android Discussion