Missing MIDI connect option

Mixvibes Android applications for Smartphone and Pad: CrossDJ
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Missing MIDI connect option

Postby Kerecsen on 04 Dec 2016, 20:28

This is driving me crazy on my phone the option for connecting a MIDI controller does not appear but on my table it does can someone explain this?
Kerecsen

Re: Missing MIDI connect option

Postby daniel clark on 04 Dec 2016, 22:50

:eek: give info ,,what phone ....what tablet :idea: :?:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby Kerecsen on 05 Dec 2016, 04:06

Galaxy note 5 and samsung tab 2
Kerecsen

Postby Kerecsen on 05 Dec 2016, 04:12

6.0.1 andriod on phone and tablet is running 5.1.1
Kerecsen

Postby Kerecsen on 06 Dec 2016, 06:38

Screenshot_2016-12-05-20-37-17.jpg
Option missing
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kerecsen

Postby Kerecsen on 21 Dec 2016, 06:14

So heres another update. We have noticed that 6.0 androids are missing the MIDI connect options. They show available on 5.0 versions. I have read on forums that you have to enable MIDI controls by unlocking developers mode in order to change unit from charging to MIDI. So i tried that and now we get audio but it sounds like its being filter through a robot and still no MIDI control functions. I download usb MIDI monitor and i can see with the OTG cable that its receiving signals from the controller. So what we have come to a conclusion either Cross DJ is not compatible with 6.0 androids or there is another function that isnt enabled throughout andriod that allows the MIDI connect option to show up in the Cross DJ app.
Kerecsen

Postby RoJeC on 21 Dec 2016, 10:23

which controller are you using.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby Kerecsen on 21 Dec 2016, 17:18

Controller is gemini mix2go, now before you say its not a supported controller i want to point out that out of 4 devices i tried this on, 2 of them worked with functionality which happened to be on androids 5.0 OS. The two that did not work we're on andriod 6.0 OS. Both 5.0 versions show the MIDI connect button in Cross DJ. When you load up 6.0 the option does not appear. Which is why i tried the android developers mode to manually turn on MIDI connect.
Kerecsen

Postby Tristan Yelland on 02 Jan 2017, 00:09

So are you saying you have it working? Because mixvibes is really starting to bug me with their lack of support
Tristan Yelland

Postby RoJeC on 02 Jan 2017, 11:30

Unless gemini made a change they still sell the device with the Win/Mac version of Cross.

If you want to use Cross DJ app (android) then you have the following restictions.

From the website fo Cross DJ app:
MIDI Control

Connect your Android device to the U-Mix Control-Pro, the Pioneer DDJ-WeGO2 and the Pioneer DDJ-SB: all Cross DJ controls are mapped. Browse, scratch, sync tracks, add effects… everything works at a very low latency. Watch the video: http://youtu.be/5ocke5GDg78

MIDI Control for devices running Android M: On those devices, MIDI control in Cross DJ is now Plug & Play.

Pre-cue your tracks

Pre-listen the next track in your headphone and prepare your transition. All you need to do is to plug your audio split cable and turn on Split mono mode. To pre-listen the next track, go to the EQs tab and press the button to pre-cue your tracks. Works also with external mixer: control EQs and crossfader with hardware mixers. Watch video here.

Multichannel audio for devices running Android M: For devices running Android M, the app provides dual-stereo output. Users now can pre-cue in stereo, while having a stereo master output at the same time.

You would need the Pro version of the app to have MIDI support at all.

It might be you used other channels to get support, but if not it would be hard to provide any support while your post has been replied to.
If you've new info or more details don't hesitate to ask. As answers are given to best knowledge of fellow users (also moderators are only users like you) it maybe there is more to it. AS far as I can see it you come back after a while and because you haven't seen the answer you want you call it lack of support. Be sure that if I or anyone else provides a wrong answer there will always be others to correct this.

So don't hesitate if you have more to add to get it to work. On the other side, if someone gets something to work in a non supported manner, it will not be provided as a solution to others. There are over 1000 ('active') versions of Android around which makes it big enough a challenge for the devtem to make and keep all running.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Next

Return to Android Discussion