Loops Volume Control in Android from U-Mix

Mixvibes Android applications for Smartphone and Pad: CrossDJ
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Loops Volume Control in Android from U-Mix

Postby tremors2 on 31 Jul 2016, 03:06

Hello,

I just received my U-Mix deck and I am using it with the Android app.

Can someone tell me please how to control the drum loops volume from the U-Mix deck in Android without having to touch my Android tablet?

Thanks very much for any directions!
tremors2

Re: Loops Volume Control in Android from U-Mix

Postby daniel clark on 31 Jul 2016, 04:03

:eek: that might be a tough one ,,familiar with the android app ,,but my tablet wouldnt connect with the controller coundnt get otg support to function on tablet ..
what have you tried :?:
familiar with the MIDI mapping for win systems ,, no clue as to how its implemented in android ,,
you can remap controllers ,,useing a akai mpd 18 for sample deck controls ,ie volume /fade .play stop ,, no shure how that would apply ,, the basic mapping for the controller would have to be remapped for the contrioller to handel this ,,thats in win/mac systems ,, not shure it can be done in android ,,
:mrgreen: i know ,,no real answer here ,,just speculation :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby tremors2 on 31 Jul 2016, 06:21

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for responding to my post.

I'm using an old Nexus 7 (2014) tablet with Android M, via OTG cable.

All of it seems to work OK except FX select and loop volumes.

I just assumed support for the U-Mix was native out of the box. My bad.

A quick Google search reveals that they are just now starting to support MIDI mapping in Android through an API. Slightly above my pay grade to dive into that just now.

This is my first time trying anything "DJ". My normal setup is a DAW using Bitwig and VST's.

This U-Mix is a blast! At nearly 70 years old, I'm glad I finally gave it a try.

You seem to be the resident expert here and I thank you for your advice.

Cheers!
tremors2

Postby daniel clark on 31 Jul 2016, 06:35

:eek: at 70 years young then you realise my answer was from experience ,, stating that not much towards the solution ,, will keep my mind on it and play with my tablet tommorrow,, see you also have Cross DJ for PC/mac //
this might help you understand the big :?: ,, since the controller is not mapped for controlling the volume of the sample pads in its native form /mappings ,,
i might not have enough experience with the android version to give more insightful responce,, but if the answer is out there ,,we will get it ,, :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 12 Sep 2016, 18:01

About your pb: I guess you can map it to pitch sliders, or any sliders - yet I'm very not sure of this, just a suggestions.
+ some random advice that we give when ppl have problem with their MIDI controllers & Cross DJ for android :

- we recommend to use a powered usb hub. Otherwise, the device can't power properly the controller. This is the most likely since you said you have a "Lightning to USB3" cable attached. The device doesn't have enough juice to power itself plus the controller which is why the app isn't registering the controller's presence

– sometimes with new updates it's better to reboot the device. When you have downloaded the app, turn off your device by keeping on pushing the wake/sleep button and then turn it back on. This should resolve any database or system issues that might happen with the software
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM
Team@Mixvibes

Return to Android Discussion