Re-Analyse every time Cross DJ starts up

Mixvibes Android applications for Smartphone and Pad: CrossDJ
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re-Analyse every time Cross DJ starts up

Postby SirManiac on 25 Dec 2015, 20:37

I recently bought a new NVidia Shield and a 128GB micro SD card for it. The micro SD contains over 6000 songs but since this issue has been going on, I've pulled aside 2688 into a separate directory since it's what me, my wife and daughters want to listen to most. Before I go farther, let me mention that I bought this tablet just to goof off with Cross DJ and I haven't installed any other apps on it. I'll apologize in advance for my newbness when using the Android app.

When I start up the tablet, I give it 5 minutes or so to make sure that it's fully up and running before I start Cross DJ. I give Cross another couple of minutes before I press the + button. My list of songs comes up in the directory but no BPM info is there so I hit Analyse. After it spends a few hours analysing the songs, it runs amazingly fast but once I restart the tablet, it forgets it analyzed everything and has to do it all over again. If I don't analyse the songs, it sometimes skips or slows down the current track while loading another.

I can't find a user manual or configuration documentation online and have browsed the forum and found others with similar problems but I'm not seeing solutions that work for me. Is there a configuration file I'm missing somewhere or a hidden menu that I'm not seeing? The songs are each set to read/write and are in mp3 format ranging between 192 and 256 kbps. Thank you in advance for your assistance.
SirManiac

Re: Re-Analyse every time Cross DJ starts up

Postby daniel clark on 25 Dec 2015, 20:44

:eek: not sure of solution ,, mine acts same way ,,but randomly ,, can leave tablet along for a week and files will still be analysed ,, but turn it off and it will not see the files analysed ,,very random ,, but the music app on the tablet does the same ,, only keeping about 1200 songs on sd card ,, gonna wind up moving to tablet memory to see if this eliminates this :eek:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby SirManiac on 25 Dec 2015, 21:53

Yours was one of the threads I read about this same issue. I don't know what music app would require analyzing though. I would move my music to the tablet memory but there wouldn't be enough space.
SirManiac

Postby daniel clark on 25 Dec 2015, 22:30

:idea: its the music player app installed on the tablet ,,not meaning it has to anyalise the music ,,it has to repopulate the media files ,, lets me know its a issue with how the tablet sees the files from the sd drive ,, ,,so not thinking Cross can do more than a installed app ,,but having to reanylise all the time is counter productive to usage ,, :eek:
MEMBER OF:

2014 dell XPS8700
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby SirManiac on 26 Dec 2015, 01:21

Question: Are you running Kit Kat on your tablet? If so, is it rooted? I was just reading about Kit Kat write permission limitations on unrooted 4.4 devices.
SirManiac

Postby daniel clark on 26 Dec 2015, 01:32

:cool: android ver 5.1.1 ,,,un rooted ,,looked in to trying to root to get otg support ,, too convuleted for my experience and not sure it would work ,,so left alone :eek:
MEMBER OF:

2014 dell XPS8700
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby RoJeC on 26 Dec 2015, 01:53

could it be you have some kind of syncing enabled. This may cause the android mediabase to reorganize and so have Cross loose the links.
Same issue you will get when disconnnecting/removing sd card while device is turned on. Mediabase will clear and after reconnect add the tracks as being new.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby SirManiac on 26 Dec 2015, 07:41

The syncing was a good suggestion but it ended up not helping. I think I'm going to root it now that it's out of warranty. I'm hoping that by rooting it, I can run the sd storage fix and it'll correct the change in access rights that the device gives apps since Kit Kat. More later.
SirManiac

Postby SirManiac on 26 Dec 2015, 10:56

Well, I just spent the past 3 hours rooting the tablet, installing SuperUser, Unlocking the KitKat SD Card user restrictions and reinstalling apps. After all is said and done... I still have to re-analyse every time I restart the tablet. :-( None of it helped. Any other suggestions would be great! Thank you.
SirManiac

Postby haga46 on 26 Dec 2015, 12:36

RoJeC wrote:could it be you have some kind of syncing enabled. This may cause the android mediabase to reorganize and so have Cross loose the links.
Same issue you will get when disconnnecting/removing sd card while device is turned on. Mediabase will clear and after reconnect add the tracks as being new.

I've got non off the issues reported here, i've recently updated my micro sd card on my Phone from a 4gb to a 16gb and moved all the files to the 16gb and after this all my info, tagging and cue points are still there :)
I've got an LG Phone android 5.0.1 and use a sandisk 16gb class 10 micro sd card in my Phone and the previous 4gb was a sandisk class 4 card and didn't have the above problems.

The only thing that's different is i don't have 1000's of songs on it, just about 200 songs maybe the +1000 songs is the killer ?
haga46

Next

Return to Android Discussion