Mixvibes Android applications for Smartphone and Pad: CrossDJ
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Pioneer WeGo3 (or WeGo2) connection with Android Tablet

Postby sumano on 03 Dec 2015, 10:55

Powered USB HUBx.jpg
USB_type A-Bx.jpg
Hi everybody,

I bought a Pioneer WeGo3 console and an USB powered HUB.
In the WeGo3 manual (but the same is also in the WeGo2 manual) there is written that is NOT POSSIBLE TO CONNECT AN USB HUB...but I think it isn't true....because in the Mixvibes video is clearly shown that a powered USB HUB is needed.

The Mixvibes video concerning WeGo2 connections shows that must be used a powered USB HUB, but don't shows a thing : the connections of the USB cables in the HUB body.

I enclose the front/rear pic of my powered USB HUB, and a pic of type A-B USB

My Samsung Tablet (that supports OTG) has a MICRO USB slot, so I have to connect an USB OTG cable (male Micro-USB and female Type-A USB to the other side)....and after I'll use another cable (with male USB to both sides) for the connection tho the HUB

The WeGo3 (and also the WeGo2) has a female USB slot Type B.

My USB HUB can give a 5V-3A power, and only the No.2 female Type-A slots at the right of the FRONT face (the black ones) that you can see in my pic are powered.

In the REAR face of USB HUB there is a female USB Type-B (where, usually, people connects the USB cable coming from a PC)

The question concerning the powered USB HUB is :
WHERE I have to put the cable coming from the Tablet and
WHERE I have to put the cable coming from the WeGO3
(or, for WeGo2 users....where did you put your cables ???)

And with this connection...there is also power to maintain charged the Tablet battery or not ?

Thank you very much for your help.
Have a good day.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sumano

Re: Pioneer WeGo3 (or WeGo2) connection with Android Tablet

Postby RoJeC on 03 Dec 2015, 11:46

Might it be you didn't put the attachment 'inline' after uploading? I only have a kind of button showing 'Attachment' instead of the actual attachment.

3A power is good. This means it can power multiple USB ports. (5V is the normal USB voltage).

As you didn't specify the type of USB device..
USB has 2 main purposes: transport power and transport data. This is done via separate channels ( 2 * 2 ).
Most powered hubs support both this fully on all ports. If not this should be visible by the icons at/near the ports, so you would know what to connect where.
Given the 3A I suppose you have >= 6 ports. So connecting to any port should work. As it is a 'hub' and not a 'switch' or 'charger' it would be normal that all functions are delivered the same way to any port.
The OTG is a technical solution to make it possible to hook up devices that act as a USB host. It resolves the communication by actively 'switching' between USB client and host function (simplified explanation).

Please also be aware that though most USB cables support both data as power, some are made to support just one of the functions...
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby daniel clark on 03 Dec 2015, 12:30

:eek: check out the video for Pioneer controller it has more details ,,thinking by that vid you will connect a micro usb/male usb to the otg cable then the micro usb male to the usb hub ,, :eek: :idea:
please correct me if i am wrong :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby haga46 on 03 Dec 2015, 12:46

phpBB [video]
haga46

Postby sumano on 03 Dec 2015, 16:36

Powered USB HUBx.jpg
Thank you very much for your answers.
I attach again the pic of my powered USB HUB, hoping you can see it.

I've just watched also the video of DDJ-SB connection...and it seems that the exit of OTG cable connected to the tablet goes to the USB Type-B (main) of the powered USB HUB....and the WeGo3 USB slot has to be connected to one of the powered USB Type-A slots of the HUB.

I'll try this connection using
- USB OTG cable (male micro USB into the tablet and female USB Type-A) connected to :
- the original USB cable of the powered USB HUB (male USB Type-A and male USB Type-B connected to female USB Type-B of the powered HUB)

- The original USB cable of the WeGo3 (male USB Type-B in the WeGo3 female USB Type-B slot, and male USB Type-A in one of the female powered USB Type-A slots of the USB HUB)

Using the original cables of both devices, that I think are able to transmit data and also power... I hope that in this way the tablet receives also the energy for charging battery enough to play music and enjoy the art of mixing for more time.

One more thing...my 10.5 Samsung Galaxy Tab S fits PERFECTLY in the slot of the WeGo3 (studied for the iPad)...at the purchase I tried personally to insert it into the slot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sumano

Postby RoJeC on 03 Dec 2015, 17:05

This clearifies... Not to many USB hubs have (had?) a USB B port....

So you only need the A ports.

You also won't 'easily' find B/B cables as default design is to have a pheripheral device having a B port and the other side have an(/many) A port.

I would also recommend to just use the .5A ports as the total delivered power won't exceed the 3A max.
However if you know the connected device can handle more... (and needs to charge)
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby sumano on 03 Dec 2015, 17:51

Do you think I have to use only the frontal USB slots of the HUB (not the rear one), and put
-Tablet into a powered USB Type-A
-WeGo3 into a powered USB Type-A
(and, of course, the power to the HUB)
and all is connected ?

Nothing (not the Tablet) into the USB Type-B in the rear of the USB HUB ?
sumano

Postby RoJeC on 04 Dec 2015, 01:02

Indeed.... :biggrin:
Ronald

RoJeC

Postby haga46 on 04 Dec 2015, 12:43

All the USB ports are internally connected inside the hub, the B connection it's just an other connection. Of this would not be the case it will be in the hubs manual ;)
Plug the power in connect everything and setup your tablet and give it a go :cool:
haga46

Postby DJ Chloe on 10 Jan 2016, 02:39

There are no mappings in Cross DJ pro Android for the wego 2 and for the wego3.
It won't work.

The only controllers supprted so far are the U-Mix Control series, the DDJ'SB and the DDJ-weGO (the 1, not the 2 and not the 3).
Sorry
DJ Chloe

Next

Return to Android Discussion