Vfx Controller

Mixvibes Android applications for Smartphone and Pad: CrossDJ
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Vfx Controller

Postby DjBlast on 03 Dec 2014, 01:31

Hey Everyone,

Curious about using Vfx controller with the Cross Mixvibes Android Ap...
DjBlast

Re: Vfx Controller

Postby Wozze on 01 Jun 2017, 17:35

Hello, some years ago. But does somebody has experience with connecting vfx-controller to Cross pro android. Is this really possible? if yes i´m glad to get some help.

Controler: Vfx
android 6.0
otg cable

no MIDI device to choice in the preferences....
Wozze

Postby daniel clark on 01 Jun 2017, 22:01

:eek: not saying its not possible ,, the Vfx controller was set up to run on win systems ,,ie xp/vista.7 ,,by then it was outdated and with some great effort was MIDI mapped by fig DJ for Cross, realy not sure of the possibilities of mapping it for android :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby Wozze on 02 Jun 2017, 05:28

THX for the reply. Yes, i read this in some other posts. Yesterday I tried some Tips from other Threads. Cross pro and Android 6.0 are not best friends. With Android 5.1 i got a connection with the reply: Cross doesn't support this controller. So thats life. ;)
Wozze

Postby RoJeC on 02 Jun 2017, 12:11

It's a little more complicated than that. Cross doesn't support means there's no default support as in that period android didn't have it's own MIDI support yet. Current versions support MIDI and since M also multi stereo (provided this part of android is installed by the manufacturer/provider at your device). Also the appropriate hardware has to be present.

As Daniel mentioned the Vfx was state of the art when originaly marketed. However even the associated software isn't supported no more for like 8 years.

In all makes it difficult to provide support as many (active) users have made the step to newer hardware.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby Wozze on 02 Jun 2017, 16:34

ThX for the answer and quick help. just start with djing and I won't spent much money for the first Equipment. In Germany you get the Vfx with cross-pack key for 50€ . it's a perfekt Set to start and learn. Windows Setup works fine. So it's ok. Next Controller will be more up to date. :)
Wozze

Return to Android Discussion