CrossDJ and U-Mix Control Pro 2

Mixvibes Android applications for Smartphone and Pad: CrossDJ
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: CrossDJ and U-Mix Control Pro 2

Postby RoJeC on 09 Feb 2015, 18:25

As mentioned before, android isn't plug and play. Hundreds of versions are around.

Android L which starts making this possible has just been released to common used devices, so having done only a few isn't that strange. And competitors have the same problem...

MixVibes always has focused on delivering general working DJ software. Whereas many other brands in the world deliver hardware with some software added...
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby default on 09 Feb 2015, 18:42

Having done a few before your own certainly is questionable.

I actually bought Mixvibes' "top-of-the-line" controller when I discovered that you're adding support for other manufacturers' interfaces. It never appeared to me that I'm buying an unsupported device. Here's what I take away:
- Mixvibes have an excellent Android app;
- The U-Mix Control Pro 2 controller is nicely built;
- The Android app was updated to support OTG audio on select Pioneer controllers before the Mixvibes' one;
- There's no telling how long before they support their own hardware.
- All in all (based on the above), a bad purchase. Even per your incentive, I should have really bought a different controller.

Not bothering to give us an ETA is just weak. We all understand bugs can prevent releases. That's why the E stands for Estimate. That way nobody's going to rage if you come out and say, "here's our latest update, but feature X didn't make it in", we at least know you're working on the feature. Saying "it's logged as wanted by many" doesn't mean you care and are working on it.

The lack of commitment to your own userbase demonstrated makes me sad. I'm leaving it at that, no rants, bad reviews, etc.

Postby RoJeC on 09 Feb 2015, 21:10

Not sure which point you try to prove.

It's like you made a purchase for a good product and now expect a tailor made solution to be included.

In the MixVibes product info it is nowhere mentioned that the UMCP2 supports android or vice versa.

Every couple of weeks MixVibes releases a new version of any of their products supporting iOS, OSX, Win and Android. By over 15 years of experience developing software they know that any vague promise about a release is interpret quite the opposite of what you try to tell. As I own several other software products (moderating here is just 'hobby') I can only confirm that making promises for non-approved features is killing for a business.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby droid dj on 09 Feb 2015, 21:53

It sure is nice to see that mixvibes tries hard to include features into android, noone else cares to provide, but for us as consumers, supporting other manufacturer's gear over their own just seems strange. It should be easier for anyone to implement the hardware they built themselves over some other hardware manufacturer's gear. I just can't wrap my head around this. Also, from what I understand usb audio should be standardized, if android now officially supports usb audio, what is all the trouble about? Is this due to the fact, that more than two channels of audio are being routed?
droid dj

Postby RoJeC on 09 Feb 2015, 23:02

There's a separate topic on controllers that users would like to get mapped. Might help to get some more background on the diversity of MixVibes customers.
Ronald

RoJeC

Postby default on 09 Feb 2015, 23:29

Just to clarify, the UMCP2 seems to be (MIDI) mapped already, although there are some things that don't work as expected (e.g. LEDs not corresponding to filter mode).

As for OTG Audio, I do maintain that there are a number of posts implying that as long as your Android device supports it, CrossDJ is ready.

Are you saying that the "mapping support" topic concerns both OTG Audio and MIDI?

Postby Robredz on 10 Feb 2015, 22:54

Control Pro 2 works fine with my Hisense Sero, on KitKat, however the control functions work fine but the audio has to be routed from the headphone jack, and either a powered usb hub or a power supply to run the Control pro. I have used this live and it was useable.
Robredz

Postby default on 02 Apr 2015, 21:59

Not really going for usable here. Having a choice between mono out and no cue, I've stowed the controller away and don't see myself using it even in non-live situations.

Postby droid dj on 06 Apr 2015, 01:05

Me too. The controller comes in handy as an very extravagant paperweight though!
droid dj

Postby DJChriZZ on 21 Sep 2015, 21:12

Any news about Sound over usb - otg ? I think it's possible now with Android 5.xx. On Apple devices it's possible to control many musc hardware :-( but I don't buy an Apple device cause I don't need it for anything I do with my PC or Android phone. :!:
JVC MP-XP731 1GHz Centrino RME Hammerfall DSP RPM, Cardbus
Technics 1210 mk2, Vestax pmc-08pro, shure M44-7
Mixvibes 6.21 mit v1
DJChriZZ

Previous

Return to Android Discussion