Waveform is out of sync with beatgrid and sound :(

Mixvibes Android applications for Smartphone and Pad: CrossDJ
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Waveform is out of sync with beatgrid and sound :(

Postby gkovacs on 12 Jul 2014, 16:49

I am running Cross DJ free on an LG G-Pad 8.3 with Cyanogenmod CM11 (Android 4.4.4).

When I start playing a track, the beatgrid matches up with the waveform perfectly (or I edit it to match up), but the waveform starts drifting forward (so the beatgrid seems to stay on beat, but the waveform seems to move slower).

The farther I play the track from the synced position, the more the waveform has drifted away. If I jump back to the synced position, they are in sync again.

The sound also seems out of sync of both the waveform and the beatgrid unfortunately, so mixing is downright impossible even with the sync button.

I have tried both decoder speeds and OpenSL with default and async, but so far the problem remains.

Please solve this as soon as possible, as currently this makes Cross DJ unusable for me (and I really want to buy and use the paid version).
gkovacs

Re: Waveform is out of sync with beatgrid and sound :(

Postby RoJeC on 17 Jul 2014, 14:23

What type of music are you having this. All types, including electronic or mainly on manual created bass ritmes (live instruments).
The Cross algorithme cannot follow any change in beat as it is not just using the individual beats but also the larger like 4 and 16 beat for beatmatching when using loops and for/backward jumps.

But if it is supposed to make DJ life easier... not harder.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby Nordhal on 17 Jul 2014, 15:09

Does the sync meter (the wheel at the middle top of our app) has two circles aligned (orange and blue) at the end of your track?
Does it happen with every tracks?
Nordhal

Postby dylanve on 03 Sep 2014, 05:44

Nordhal wrote:Does the sync meter (the wheel at the middle top of our app) has two circles aligned (orange and blue) at the end of your track?
Does it happen with every tracks?

Unfortunately it does happen with every track. When sync is active, the sync meter is in sync, the grids line-up, the audio is in sync, but the waveforms are not.

Unfortunately the waveforms are not accurately representing the audio.
dylanve

Return to Android Discussion