Problems with my Split mono(pre - cueing)

Mixvibes Android applications for Smartphone and Pad: CrossDJ
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: Problems with my Split mono(pre - cueing)

Postby gabba dj on 29 Jun 2014, 23:37

Hello,

I have just joined the forum to report I have the same problem, the sound of the headphones will come out through the master signal.

I have recently purchased the Full version of Cross DJ and I am rather disappointed with this problem. From what I can read in this forum , the glitch has been around for a while.

I have a Nexus 10 tablet which runs Android 4.2.1.
I have purchased this cable: Griffin DJ 2 Cable: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00AE7D2HM

So, I go to Advanced Settings and choose Split in Audio Output Mode.
I select one track , click on the headphones button, and play the track. The sound can be heard through the speakers. I tried the option "invert master and cue outputs" but it did not work. I played around with the Mix and Vol knobs, trying several combinations, but I did not matter.
The only way I can stop the cue going to the speakers is by turning the gain of the deck down to zero, but then, alas, I won't hear nothing through the headphones - not even with the headphones button on and regardless of the postions of the mix and vol knobs.

Has anybody actually manages to pre-cue with the android app?

----

Edit: I tried to locate the serial number in the app but I can't find anywhere. I do have the order reference from Google Play.
gabba dj

Postby Nordhal on 03 Jul 2014, 09:41

Hi,

It seems there are more and more users to complain about pre-cueing.

Can you please tell me if you're experiencing the same issue with headphones for example, or with other 3rd app having pre-cueing mode?

It'll help us to understand if this is a hardware issue (tablet or cable), or a software issue.

Thank !
Nordhal

Postby BrixtonJim on 16 Jul 2014, 18:20

I have the same problem - Griffin 2 cable, Nexus 7 (first generation) and the cueing track is always played through the main audio output. i tried the other settings as described above. If I switch to Mixer the signals are separated but then you have no ability to fade between the tracks. I then invested in edjing - pre-cueing works fine there (but there are other issues). Fix would be greatly appreciated!
BrixtonJim

Postby DJ Vintage on 16 Jul 2014, 20:18

Just google on DJ splitter cable. That should get you the right ones.
Like the Griffin one. Or the Urbanears Slussen for all you iDevice users out there (too cute and they hang on your keychain).
DJ Vintage

Postby DJ Vintage on 16 Jul 2014, 20:19

Oops ... I replied without noticing page 3 LOL ...
DJ Vintage

Postby Nordhal on 17 Jul 2014, 10:34

Tried again, but with headphones: I do not have issue.
So once again, can you tell me if this is working with some headphones?

Do you move manually your crossfader? I know our crossfader curve is not very smooth. It can be the issue.

When I switch On the cue button (Player A for example), I don't hear the cueing track on master when I have the crossfader to the opposite of this track (Player B).
Nordhal

Postby BrixtonJim on 04 Aug 2014, 23:52

After watching the tutorial I realised I hadn't been using the settings properly. Precueing works fine now although audio can get a bit choppy. Apologies for false alarm.
BrixtonJim

Postby RoJeC on 05 Aug 2014, 06:52

The audio is not supposed to become instable. You may want to try the options for audio in the settings.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby Nordhal on 05 Aug 2014, 09:40

I was informed that there was no more audio issue with Cross DJ 1.4.4 for Nexus 7 1st Generation.

Is it the case? It seems not, if you have choppy audio.
Nordhal

Previous

Return to Android Discussion