How to reset the library?

Mixvibes Android applications for Smartphone and Pad: CrossDJ
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

How to reset the library?

Postby mosquit on 05 Jan 2014, 12:44

Hi there,

I recently bought the great Cross DJ app for Android but I have a little problem. I have changed the tracks on my tablet and I replaced for a more accurate selection.

When I launched the app again I saw that it still maintains the old data base and it's mixed with the new tracks.

Anyone knows how can I rebuild/reset the data base?

Thank you so much!
mosquit

Re: How to reset the library?

Postby Nordhal on 06 Jan 2014, 15:50

Hi mosquit,

CrossDJ for Android syncs its database with android database. If you see old tracks in both CrossDJ and Google PlayMusic (or Music player from Samsung, htc, sony, etc...) the simplest way to clean the db is to reset the device.

However, if this is just CrossDJ which has old tracks, then it's a bug we do not know.
Nordhal

Postby UncleVibes on 06 Jan 2014, 16:40

We don't know YET so thanks we have a special look now on it.
UncleVibes

Postby mosquit on 06 Jan 2014, 18:58

Thanks UncleVibes and Nordhal for your help!

I checked the Google Play Music and VLC Player db and it looks fine. I put about 5.500 tracks on a 32 Gb microSD (160 bkps average mp3) and they're listed correctly on my tablet (FYI: Asus MemoPad HD 7), not on Cross DJ, yeah, maybe it's some kind of bug.

As you can see in the screenshot it's like the db is repeating the tracks about 3 times and listing about 15.200 tracks (Yes, maybe there are some duplicated mp3s but, prior to copy the tracks on the microSD I checked the songs using a duplicate finding software to avoid unnecessary repeated tracks -true, obviously the software is not 100% reliable (bad tags or rare filenames) and it could skip some duplicities-).

Once again, thanks for your help :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mosquit

Postby Nordhal on 07 Jan 2014, 10:10

Yeah that's quite buggy, so I have several questions :

- Can you tell me what app did you use to avoid duplicate tracks?
- Do you have one folder where your 5.5k tracks are in your SD card or do you have several folders?
- If you go on album/Artist tabs, are tracks duplicated too?

Thanks for the report
Nordhal

Postby mosquit on 07 Jan 2014, 17:30

Hi Nordhal,

To avoid duplicate tracks I use a free software on my computer (not an app in the tablet). It's called "Duplicate Music Files Finder" (Windows version. I think it's discontinued software, it's stuck in version 1.6 since looong time ago...).

The tracks are on several folders (about 60 or 70 folders -compilations, genres, decades, ...-).

About the album/Artist tabs, yes, the tracks are duplicated. Even, they're still appearing albums that I deleted some days ago.

Thanks again for your patience!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mosquit

Postby Nordhal on 07 Jan 2014, 18:54

Thank you for this complete report,
I need to reproduce it on my device, but it seems there is a real mismatch with moved tracks.

Besides, it's very strange that you have albums already deleted since albums and artists tabs are based on Android database.

I have a 32 Go SD Card full of tracks to test it. This is a major bug and I hope to reproduce it, and fix it for the next release.

Thanks again for this !

PS: If you really want to flush your database, the only solution I can provide for the moment is to remove the app, and install it again.
Nordhal

Postby mosquit on 09 Jan 2014, 20:39

I've been testing Cross DJ on my Nexus 4 and... it seems all work well, very well indeed. I've tested using a few tracks (about 40): moving, adding, deleting tracks and the db works very fine, no duplicities or bad paths to locate the tracks. Is it possible the problem I have on the Asus tablet is about the external memory?

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the app on the tablet, even cleaning the cache throught the android settings but, I don't know why, the false listing of 15k tracks is still there. It's very rare, also I tried to remove the microSD, reboot the tablet, insert the microSD again but nothing... it's like there's a hidden db remaining somewhere.

Curious: Cross DJ on Nexus 4 works perfect (KK 4.4.2), on Asus Memo Pad (JB 4.2)... mmm... the db issue.
mosquit

Postby Nordhal on 10 Jan 2014, 14:37

You know, I did some testing with devices I have.

Google play Music seems to have a lot of duplicate test to have its smooth database (and I don't talk about playlists and tracks we cannot access since the new version (DRM business and all.. ) )

In a device I have several folders containing two tracks:

track A.mp3
track A 1.mp3

This is two different files. So in Android database, it is treated like that as well.

BUT in Google play Music, I was able to see juste one track. Only one. even if there are two tracks.

My conclusion is :
On your Asus, your android database seems corrupted, but with all these preventions from Google Play Music, you are able to avoid seeing corrupted tracks.

On VLC Player, I need further investigation, but it seems to analyze all audio to know if they exist or not. So you do not see the corrupted tracks from Android db. However it takes long to analyze all these tracks

In our database, well.. Maybe I assumed Android is smart and it's not the case. I need to test if each file is a real one. But it could take more processing time.

Basically, when you uninstall our app, the database is removed. So it cannot be old hidden database.

You can try to clear the media base if you want like this but it's really if you want (since only our app has duplicated and corrupted tracks).

http://blog.jrtstudio.com/2011/08/how-t ... abase.html

Anyway, I'd say it again : thanks for your feedback.
And yes : the Nexus 4 rocks :p
Nordhal

Postby mosquit on 11 Jan 2014, 19:22

Hi Nordhal,

Thanks for your explanation, really apreciated!!

Following your suggestion to clear the media base following the steps from JRT Studio website it seems it fixed the problem!!! :D

Well, I didn't follow step by step but, after some tests, Cross DJ seems to work fine now on my Asus. Opening the settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> All I didn't find the "Media Storage" (perhaps it's due my tablet is configured in Spanish and, probably, the translator used another name -which I couldn't match to anything similar to "Media Storage", misteries of the translations...-)

But, I was aware about something strange on Google Play Music. It showed about 770 Mb of using data. Too much, the only tracks I had on the tablet were the tracks that I put on the external memory, it wasn't any offline playlist or something like that on the tablet so I decided to clear all the data.

After the clearing data, when you launch the Google Music Player it starts from the beginning, you have to login again and after that it starts to load your music like the first time you launched the app (it takes a while).

Once finished, when I launched Cross DJ, appeared my 5.5k tracks: there's no duplicities. Also I added 1k tracks to see what happen. It seems Cross DJ recognize new tracks well.

Apparently, the problem seems to be the Google Play Music and a corrupted db.
mosquit

Next

Return to Android Discussion