Can't find U-Mix Remote.dylib.

Mixvibes Android applications for Smartphone and Pad: CrossDJ
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Can't find U-Mix Remote.dylib.

Postby marboer on 25 Dec 2014, 00:41

Just spend €10 on the Cross DJ Remote app for iPad ... for nothing. Trying to connect from Cross DJ Free at the Mac (Yosemite) by clicking the checkbox "Use Remote Apps" in the Remote tab from the preferences, I get the message "Can't find U-Mix Remote.dylib.". Wifi connection was there, seems to be an OSX local issue. Please help.
marboer

Re: Can't find U-Mix Remote.dylib.

Postby marboer on 25 Dec 2014, 00:43

Message should be "Can't find U-Mix Remote.dylib." ... hopefully spelling check leaves my text alone this time.
marboer

Postby marboer on 25 Dec 2014, 00:47

I'm not allowed to write the truth apparently. The message doesn't say U-Mix Remote but only the first three capitals knowing the U, the m and the r. So please replace "U-Mix Remote" which is an invention of the spelling control with only three letters, the U, m and r ...
marboer

Postby RoJeC on 25 Dec 2014, 14:20

Could you please add some info on your mac. Also explain somewhat why you conclude the connection is ok.

There are some words that are automatically replaced. Most are product names. This is to avoid misunderstanding. As you noticed occasionally this is not helping.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby marboer on 25 Dec 2014, 15:06

Thanks for your reply. I installed Cross DJ Free on my Mac Mini Server (Mid 2011, 2 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB RAM). Yesterday when I posted my issue the OS still was Mavericks 10.9.5, this morning I upgraded to Yosemite 10.10.1, didn't install the Server app yet.

I think the connection is OK because 1) both the Mac Mine and iPad are connection to my WiFi network, 2) the djay app with the old djay Remote (algoriddim) can connect this way. I also tried to connect via an ad hoc network but the Cross DJ RMT app on my iPad doesn't agree with this telling me it's no WiFi connection. And I still get the same message trying to mark the checkbox Use Remote Apps in the Cross DJ Free Preferences.

Hope this is some useful info for you.
marboer

Postby RoJeC on 25 Dec 2014, 16:28

Thanks for the info. Fair chance it works now as it recently was fixed to work on Yosemite.

Merry X-Mas
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby marboer on 26 Dec 2014, 12:18

Screen Shot 2014-12-26 at 11.09.21.png
Merry Christmas to you too.

Unfortunately Yosemite didn't solve the problem. I also reinstalled the Cross DJ Free app on the Mac Mini. I will attach a screenshot of the message which appears when I try to tick the checkbox Use Remote Apps. My WiFi works, no clue what's going on. Do I miss a file on my Mac?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
marboer

Postby marboer on 28 Dec 2014, 12:08

In response to my last post, I can tell you that the install from the App Store does miss one or more files. So the one that goes wrong is the Cross DJ Free (3.2.3) app which I installed from the App Store. I also installed the Cross Demo (3.3.9) which I downloaded from the Mix Vibes website. The latter gives no missing dylib messages and allows me to connect with the Cross DJ RMT on my iPad. That's good news. So it seems that the Cross DJ Free app from the App Store needs an update. By the way, when both the Free and Demo apps are installed, I still get the error message when I try to tick the checkbox Use Remote Apps in the Free app and no error message within the Demo. Hope this helps.
marboer

Postby marboer on 25 Jan 2015, 12:44

Anybody home? About 1 month ago I pointed you to the fact that the current version of Cross DJ Free which is distributed through the App Store does not work with the Remote app. Your website promotes it should work. I didn't see any update nor did I get an answer in this post. Now I bought the Remote app since I'd like to try the software. Till now I couldn't try because of the reported error. Could you be so kind to support me with this issue? You already have my money ...
marboer

Postby Etienne_Badaroux on 29 Jan 2015, 15:14

Hi,

Here is a thing you can try that should solve your problem:

- Right clic on the Cross DJ free icon
- Get info
- Check the : "Open in 32-bit mode" box
- Try to connect the Remote

Cheers!
Etienne_Badaroux

Next