Support question for 1.8.3

Mixvibes iOS / Android applications for iPhone and iPad: CrossDJ / CrossDJ Remote
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Support question for 1.8.3

Postby DJ Vintage on 17 Aug 2014, 18:45

Hi guys,

While my issue with version 1.8.2 is still under investigation with the nice guys over at mixvibes, I am afraid I have found some (different) issues with version 1.8.3.

In order to test a few things regarding my 1.8.2 problems, I deleted the app and reinstalled it, in order to have a clean install to work with.

When I installed the new update yesterday, I remembered that this ment I had to re-analyze all my tracks as this information gets lost when you delete the app (so keep this in mind if you ever feel a need to delete/reinstall for any reason!).

I hit the analyze button while in "songs" and left to do other things. When I returned later at night, my iPad was on it's home screen. I double tapped the home button and it showed the analysis screen stuck somewhere I tapped it to open and as the app came to the foreground, it came up in it's starting screen with the two jogs. I then did all analysis playlist by playlist which worked.

I wanted to test that everything was analysed correctly, so I hit the analyse button in "songs" again. The same thing happened (lot sooner obviously as all tracks where analysed already). I could reproduce it happening around the 3450 tracks mark.

I then rebooted the iPad. Ran Cross DJ HD again and analysed it again. This time it crashes (reproducably) at 1462 tracks.

It seems that the app crashes (disappears to show the iPad home screen) and when you double tap home button the app sits there in background. Bringing it to the foreground it behaves as it does when just started, i.e. it comes up with the start screen and when you switch to library, the whole updating library routine starts all over again.

I shot a video with my phone of the crash happening, including the updating library update time. I'll gladly send this via WeTransfer to a member of the Mixvibes team for analysis.

Final point.
Something I noticed in the previous version too, is that when you switch from start screen to library, a red bar flashes very briefly at the top of the screen. I paused the video I shot at that point and it turns out that in the red bar it says "Cross DJ (Recording)". You can't see this because the bar really only flashes by, but I AM wondering why it goes (even briefly) into recording mode. The video will show exactly what I mean.

Hope this is of any use to you in fixing this problem.
DJ Vintage

Re: Support question for 1.8.3

Postby UncleVibes on 17 Aug 2014, 19:28

I can answer to last point about recording. It's about the sampler option to record your sample. It's just a check of the function.
UncleVibes

Postby DJ Vintage on 17 Aug 2014, 20:17

Ah, ok.

I don't like red bars, usually those signal errors, but I'll learn to live with this one :-)
DJ Vintage

Postby Luziano on 20 Aug 2014, 10:22

Hi,

Don't worry about the red bar it's normal, in fact it's about recording your own samples with the mic.

About your crash when trying to analyze your songs, maybe we've a problem with a particular track and each time you try to analyze it, it crashes.

I gonna contact you via PM.

Thank you for your feedbacks.
Luziano

Return to iOS Discussion