Failed to open

Mixvibes iOS / Android applications for iPhone and iPad: CrossDJ / CrossDJ Remote
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Failed to open

Postby FigDJ on 30 Jul 2014, 12:29

I updated to the latest versions for the iPhone (iPhone 5) and iPad (iPad 3) to the newest versions.

In both devices.
1.Open up Cross DJ
2.App started loading my library (It took quite some time but it was finally done)
3. Worked couple of tracks and everything seem to be OK.
4. Close app.
5. Come back to play some more track and Cross DJ just sat there and failed to open.

My main system is a DDJ-SX with my laptop and Cross 2.6 or 3.2
My backup system is the UMCP-2 with the iPad 3. The app is now broken. Please help! :cry:

Now my backup system doesn't work.
FigDJ

Re: Failed to open

Postby DJ Vintage on 30 Jul 2014, 22:49

Hi FigDJ,

I tried a few times on my iPhone 5 but couldn't reproduce your problem. The library loading wasn't too quick, even with a relatively small library (bout 2k tracks max). I played/mixed a few tracks, then swipe closed the app. Went and opened and closed a few other apps (including another DJ app). Then opened Cross again, it took about 3-4 seconds on the logo screen and then first add appeared again (I really dislike in-app purchases :-D )

I'll try on my iPad 3 later and get back to you.

p.s. I didn't have anything hooked up to it.
DJ Vintage

Postby FigDJ on 30 Jul 2014, 22:59

I didn't have anything hooked up either. I just wanted to try couple tracks on the new version and when I went to open it again it stayed on the logo forever.

Now the weekend is approaching and was going to use my backup ( iPad + UMCP-2) but my backup system is down. Why use my backup system, my collection in Cross was blown to pieces last week and I haven't finish recovering from that.
FigDJ

Postby FigDJ on 31 Jul 2014, 02:04

I deleted Cross DJ from my iPad.
Re- downloaded the app and opened.
Same results
It open
Loads library
Plays nicely and all as expected.
Closed the app
Tried to open the app again and it doesn't get pass the Mixvibes logo.
I guess I will have to go back to old Serato for this weekend unless I can finish rebuilding cue points and loops for a good playlist to be used used this weekend.
FigDJ

Postby DJ Vintage on 31 Jul 2014, 08:27

Losing your collection (and no backup?) is a total bummer. Sorry to hear that.

I tried on my iPad yesterday evening before going to bed and noticed two things:
1) While the logo screen was open (about 5 seconds after opening) a red bar flashed at the top of the screen. Only once and if there was a text message (which you'd expect with an error message), it was so quick that I couldn't tell.
2) The first time I openened it, it didn't say loading library (but I had probably opened it before), but it stayed on logo screen a long time. I then switched to settings in order to see if I could find any kind of log. When I couldn't, I returned to the app and found it was open. I played around with it, then closed it. I reopened and although it seemed stuck at the logo screen with nothing happening (did see the red bar for a flash again though), I just let it sit and it finally moved to open the app after what a least seemed like a minute. If the opening time has anything to do with library size, I can imagine that having a (lot) larger library than I do will make this "hang" time go into the many minutes.

It's officially the slowest opening app I have ever seen now. I am not sure when it occurred for the first time as I only sometimes play around with Cross for iPad, but based on your findings I am assuming it was after the last update (I update my iPad and it's apps on a daily basis normally). Cross does not play nicely with my controller (iDJ Pro) so that is why I am not using it much.

Hope that helps you or the devteam and an fix is imminent.
DJ Vintage

Postby Luziano on 31 Jul 2014, 11:19

Hi,

Update 1.8.3 has been submitted 2 days ago, should fix your problem. Also, we noticed that users with a lot of playlists, big playlists, experienced a longer launch time.
Luziano

Postby FigDJ on 31 Jul 2014, 12:37

Luziano

Thank you for responding, for now I am OK as you will see below. I 'll look forward to the update.

DJ Vintage
Thank you for the interest and your description of the problem. I carefully read your post and tried one more time. This time I left the app open on the logo, put it in background while I was surfing the net and when I touched it to return to it it was working great. it took a looooong time.

To Luziano's comments, My collection in the iPad is about 4000 tracks which is not that large when compared to other people but I do have I do have about a lot of different playlists.

My collection in Cross was blown when I was doing Beta testing last week which indirectly brings me to an interested point.

it would be incredibly wonderful if we could share collection details (cue points, loops, key, bpm) between the iOS devices and the PC (Mac or otherwise). I could restore from one to the other or vice-versa and prepare track while on the road to then transfer to my collection on the laptop. I know it has been said before and here I go again, RecordBox (however you spell it) does that know. So may be I could prepare tracks with recordbox app, transfer to recordbox on PC and then import into Cross. Hmm I may have to look into that. Anyway, I am babbling now.
Bottom line is
THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH! for your quick and helpful responses.
FigDJ

Postby DJ Vintage on 07 Aug 2014, 22:26

Just installed the latest update on my iPad. It does open faster than before. But now, as soon as you try to load a track, it says "updating library" which then takes a very long time.

In total I think the "total time to play" is at least as long as before.

Wondering if others are experiencing the same thing?
DJ Vintage

Postby UncleVibes on 08 Aug 2014, 09:17

Sooner or later... That's a roadmap on mind!

it would be incredibly wonderful if we could share collection details (cue points, loops, key, bpm) between the iOS devices and the PC (Mac or otherwise). I could restore from one to the other or vice-versa and prepare track while on the road to then transfer to my collection on the laptop. I know it has been said before and here I go again, RecordBox (however you spell it) does that know. So may be I could prepare tracks with recordbox app, transfer to recordbox on PC and then import into Cross. Hmm I may have to look into that. Anyway, I am babbling now.
UncleVibes

Return to iOS Discussion