Cross DJ with Numark mixtrack pro 2

Mixvibes iOS / Android applications for iPhone and iPad: CrossDJ / CrossDJ Remote
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Cross DJ with Numark mixtrack pro 2

Postby Greeny_33 on 05 Mar 2014, 10:47

Hi there! I have recently purchased Cross DJ for iPad and I think it's great! I will shortly be buying the Numark mixtrack pro 2 to run the software on as my MIDI controller but I have a few questions I'd like answered first before I buy it.

1. Will I need the headphone splitter cable to cue tracks with the mixtrack pro 2 and Cross DJ for iPad or does the pro 2s built in sound card and separate audio outputs deal with this.?

2. If I do need the splitter cable will my output to speakers only be In mono?

3. I've read and seen somewhere that I will need a USB powered hub to connect the mixtrack pro 2 to the iPad as it runs off USB power. Can you confirm this and explain to me how all this works with the camera connection kit.
I Would like to know everything I need to buy to get Cross DJ working with my MIDI controller to its full potential.

4. Is there any specific kind of USB hub I need to purchase or will any old thing get the job done!

Many thanks marc
Greeny_33

Re: Cross DJ with Numark mixtrack pro 2

Postby RoJeC on 05 Mar 2014, 14:22

Hi, Welcome to MixVibes :!:

Don't have all the answers;
Greeny_33 wrote:3. I've read and seen somewhere that I will need a USB powered hub to connect the mixtrack pro 2 to the iPad as it runs off USB power. Can you confirm this and explain to me how all this works with the camera connection kit.
I Would like to know everything I need to buy to get Cross DJ working with my MIDI controller to its full potential.

4. Is there any specific kind of USB hub I need to purchase or will any old thing get the job done!

The MixTrack takes power from iPad (battery) unless it has its own powersupply.
The datatraffic is limited for audio and MIDI. So also older type could do.
For new or old it is important that the hub provides sufficient power. the cheapest sometimes deliver just '1 port max power' in total. The best have max power to all ports.
If you have to buy consider the shape and nr of ports. Free space between ports is convenient. I would recommend 7 ports or more for multipurpose usage (only a few $$ more than 4).
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Re: Cross DJ with Numark mixtrack pro 2

Postby Greeny_33 on 05 Mar 2014, 17:46

Hi, thanks for the swift reply. Very helpful and much appreciated.
Greeny_33

Return to iOS Discussion