Cross DJ iPad cue point and playlist problems

Mixvibes iOS / Android applications for iPhone and iPad: CrossDJ / CrossDJ Remote
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Cross DJ iPad cue point and playlist problems

Postby teemukorpipaa on 09 Dec 2013, 11:17

have had some problems lately with crossdj iPad's cue points and playlists. the playlists often disappear, leaving only the option "all tracks" visible on the left column on the load track-page. restarting the Cross DJ usually fixes the problem. the playlists are itunes-playlists.

another thing. should Cross DJ remember the cue points you've specified to the tracks? they seem to disappear after some time. to make things worse, Cross DJ often applies an automatic start cue point what usually just skips a few seconds from the track start and i have to correct it manually. is there a way to disable this and play the tracks from the beginning?

Cross DJ 1.4.2 / iOS7 / iPad mini (older version)
teemukorpipaa

Re: Cross DJ iPad cue point and playlist problems

Postby Luziano on 09 Dec 2013, 11:58

Hello,

Yes, by default, except if you set the main CUE point during the analysis, we will set the CUE point on the first down beat calculated for your track at the end of the analysis. We don't have any option about it, but it can be an idea.

About CUE points disappearing, it's impossible, except if you deleted the App some time ago, or if you sync your device with iTunes, then your track is added to your device with another persistent ID, don't think it's possible.

If your track always keep the same persistent ID (that's the way it should work, exporting your tracks from your computer to your device unsing iTunes), we will always find it in our database and apply its CUE points.

About playlists, that's really strange. Each time the tracks' database is updated on your device, we refresh the 'collection' of our App. Maybe this problem appears when your device if connected to your computer, of maybe another App is modifying the tracks' database of the device don't know how.

Jaillbreak version? Try to use the App with all other Apps closed, and iTunes closed if connected to your computer.

Hope it helps.
Luziano

Re: Cross DJ iPad cue point and playlist problems

Postby teemukorpipaa on 09 Dec 2013, 13:11

no jailbreak here.

i arrange the playlists with iTunes. no other app or computer doesn't use the playlists at the same time. or maybe i've had the music-app open, not sure. i'll investigate this further and try to repeat the problem (or course now it seems to work fine...)

i would vote for the option to disable the automatic start cue finder as it doens't seem to like my tracks. :)
teemukorpipaa

Return to iOS Discussion