Cross DJ Remote for iPad won't connect to Cross DJ Free

Mixvibes iOS / Android applications for iPhone and iPad: CrossDJ / CrossDJ Remote
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Cross DJ Remote for iPad won't connect to Cross DJ Free

Postby santego on 15 Nov 2013, 06:17

Tried Cross DJ Free and like it, except for the airport option in settings doesn't seem to do anything at all.. and neither the forum or manual even mention airplay.

After more than an hour of messing around... the only thing I can figure out... is that airplay doesn't show up in the list when my Apple TVs are powered off... but selecting it when they are on doesn't produce any sound. Guessing it shows in options as an available device... but isn't supported.

I finally decided to just hook up the laptop with HDMI and buy the remote app (for $9.99... holy cow)... and have another hour plus into trying to get that to connect.

I have a brand new Macbook with the latest OS... 10.9

iPad mini with iOS 7.0.4

Cross DJ Free 2.6 with a version of the iPad app bought today

Tried having both on the Apple router WiFi... tried them both in an adhock network like the suggestions in the app... bluetooth is off... both have been rebooted... read all the forums and looked for any tips... etc etc

I am all out of ideas. Any suggestions?
santego

Re: Cross DJ Remote for iPad won't connect to Cross DJ Free

Postby santego on 15 Nov 2013, 16:11

Sorry, but I figured the longer I keep the App the less likely Apple is to refund it, so I reported it and collected a refund.

Nice concept and good looking App. I will keep my eye out for others who say it works for them and try it again at that time.

Santego

=========

Recently you reported an issue with Cross DJ Remote for iPad using iTunes Report a Problem. This email confirms that you have been issued a refund of $9.99 for this purchase.

Regards,
The App Store team
santego

Postby sylMV on 15 Nov 2013, 16:38

Sorry to read this.
But, we've just tested it again and it works without problem.
There might have been a problem in your wifi configuration.
Unfortunately it's very hard to remotely help on such issues...
The Cross DJ Remote works if a stable wifi connection can be established between the computer and the remote device (adhoc or not) and Bonjour correctly working on the computer.

Cheers,
SylMV

sylMV

Postby santego on 15 Nov 2013, 17:23

Thanks, great work overall... issues seem to be specific to networking and how I want to use it.

I want to use it for parties... by loading "auto play"... and passing the iPad around for people to mess with.

I am in the networking business and feel that I tried everything possible. All Apple gear too... Mac, iPad, and Airport Extreme.

May be that I am running the latest version of everything.

iOS that came out yesterday... and OSX that is two weeks old.

Can't really test the remote app without spending the $10. A limited version for free to play with before committing would be nice.

I did buy Cross DJ for the iPad BTW... works well for what it is intended to do. Only issues I have with how I hoped to use it... is the natural 2 second delay on airplay (not your issue) and that it doesn't like iTunes match.

Need to download songs you want to use before launching... and it seems to chug with a large matched library. (both not your issue).

Works great when you turn off iTunes match and just load 500 songs manually. But then you don't have full access to all your songs and the two second delay makes scratching and such at parties impossible.

I will keep an eye on your stuff and eventually be a bigger customer :)
santego

Postby Luziano on 15 Nov 2013, 18:34

Hey,

2 common issues:

- be sure to check the box in the settings panel of Cross DJ Free ('Remote' tab). Try to un-chek it, re-check, and re-try to establish a connection after that.

- add Cross DJ Free in the exceptions list of your firewall.

Hope it helps.
Luziano

Postby santego on 15 Nov 2013, 18:59

Thanks Luziano. I had done all of that several times and had the firewall off. Can't test anymore as Apple recalled the App, but I may give a future version of it a spin.
santego

Return to iOS Discussion