no sound from iPad Cross DJ remote

Mixvibes iOS / Android applications for iPhone and iPad: CrossDJ / CrossDJ Remote
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

no sound from iPad Cross DJ remote

Postby simon checketts on 04 Sep 2013, 23:48

Hi I have Cross DJ (free version) on my imac but have just purchased the remote app for my iPad. However I understood I could listen to the tracks I am cue-ing using the source button on the iPad app but I have no sound thro the headphone socket of my iPad. Am I missing something ???
simon checketts

Re: no sound from iPad Cross DJ remote

Postby Luziano on 05 Sep 2013, 10:23

Hey,

We don't stream the CUE from the software to the iPad, the monitoring buttons can be confusing. It only change the routing in the software, then you have to plug your headphone to your computer / controller / soundcard to hear the CUE.

We're thinking about adding this feature.
Luziano

Re: no sound from iPad Cross DJ remote

Postby simon checketts on 05 Sep 2013, 19:51

Thanks for your response, its dissapointing that you cant do this as it doesnt really replace using a MIDI controller and isnt clear on the product features ??!!? Please can you include this feature in the next update. Also if we are to use the iPad as a true remote controller can you please look to include the wave pattern with any preset cue points otherwise you cannot see where the track breakdown is to start the mix at the right time. In other words you still need to see the screen of your iMac/PC so defeats the object of the remote control really !! You say in your feature list about mixing whilst relaxing on the sofa or getting in the mix on the dance floor, you cant do this at the moment without iPad headphone support and an active waveform for each, channel.
simon checketts

Return to iOS Discussion