Is ALAC supported?

Mixvibes iOS / Android applications for iPhone and iPad: CrossDJ / CrossDJ Remote
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Is ALAC supported?

Postby Funkanaut on 16 May 2013, 13:26

Hi guys,

Anyone know if ALAC is supported in the iOS versions of CrossDJ? I can’t find any info about file format support here or on the App Store.

I just tried out the desktop version of CrossDJ for the first time yesterday (the free version from the App store, v2.4) and was seriously bummed when I couldn’t open any of my tracks, which are all ALAC.

I thought maybe it was just the free version that lacked support, but reading the forums it appears even the full version of CrossDJ doesn’t support ALAC?

Is there an ETA on ALAC support?

Sorry to write all this here, but I have no idea where to post a question about the desktop version of CrossDJ on this forum without a serial number...

Thanks.
Funkanaut

Re: Is ALAC supported?

Postby Luziano on 16 May 2013, 17:18

Hey,

Our iOS apps support all the audio formats supported by iOS:

Audio formats supported: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
Luziano

Postby sylMV on 16 May 2013, 17:27

About Cross an mac/PC, it indeed doesn't support ALAC yet but it's planned within a few months.
SylMV

sylMV

Postby Funkanaut on 17 May 2013, 09:34

Awesome stuff! Thanks guys.

Looking forward to take both the iOS and desktop versions of Cross for a spin. :)
Funkanaut

Return to iOS Discussion