CrossDJ for iPhone - Thanks & Requests

Mixvibes iOS / Android applications for iPhone and iPad: CrossDJ / CrossDJ Remote
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

CrossDJ for iPhone - Thanks & Requests

Postby DSOUND on 08 Jan 2013, 21:58

Hi Team MixVibes

Congrats on a great app, still can't believe it's free!

One or 2 requests I would have (even though I know it's for free but these updates would be worth paying for):

1. Ability to adjust the beat grid (occassionally the app doesn't guess the downbeat marker correctly)

2. Sync to allow syncing to the nearest beat (i.e. not only downbeat to downbeat because when the app guesses wrong you can't use sync without the downbeats being matched to the wrong beats)

3. Slide stop i.e. option to activate a sliding stop on the decks when pressing pause during play (I know this is an effect when upgrading but it would feel more natural if the pause button could be set to do it automatically).

4. The timing on the delay effect needs work - the delay time seems to be to fast (like 1/32 of a beat) at all time. Plus it increases the volume to much making delay unusable.

5. The sound skips when exiting a loop (I know other users have mentioned this).

6. It would be nice if the faders (pitch and volume / crossfader)
/EQ) could glow when touched to allow u to see when they are in use like with the djay app. ;-)

Otherwise it's a great, robust and very usable app on the iPhone 4 ( however on my iPad 1st Gen it crashes continuosly) :-(

Thanx!

Luke
DSOUND

Re: CrossDJ for iPhone - Thanks & Requests

Postby Luziano on 09 Jan 2013, 12:39

Hi DSOUND,

1. Ability to adjust the beat grid (occassionally the app doesn't guess the downbeat marker correctly)

This can be done when setting the main CUE point (while holding CUE, the SYNC button become a 'Set Down-beat' button).

3. Slide stop i.e. option to activate a sliding stop on the decks when pressing pause during play (I know this is an effect when upgrading but it would feel more natural if the pause button could be set to do it automatically).

You mean a brake effect on PAUSE? It's already in our feature requests :)

5. The sound skips when exiting a loop (I know other users have mentioned this).

In slip mode? Can't reproduce it, maybe you don't exit the loop at the right time (on the beat) so you have something strange with the sound. Or you really have no sound at all?
Luziano

Postby DSOUND on 09 Jan 2013, 20:18

Hi Luziano

Thanks for the quick response!

On point 1. So I tried the holding CUE on the first downbeat and pressing SYNC and the downbeat marker moved - brilliant! Does the app save the downbeat even after the phone is rebooted?

Point 2. Yes brake effect on Pause please (with adjustable slow down time)?

Point 5. I tried to re-create the loop skipping, it is in the Autoloop section not Slip mode. `sometimes when you have one track in loop mode and the other synced to it and both are playing, when you exit the loop the mix (both tracks) seem to skip (sound cuts out like it's trying to catch up with the grid or something.

Much appreciate the downbeat advise, app rocks even more now!!
DSOUND

Postby Luziano on 10 Jan 2013, 12:42

On point 1. So I tried the holding CUE on the first downbeat and pressing SYNC and the downbeat marker moved - brilliant! Does the app save the downbeat even after the phone is rebooted?

Of course :)

About point 5, we will have a look and try to fix this issue.

Thanks for your feedback!
Luziano

Return to iOS Discussion