Remote App with Cross DJ

Mixvibes iOS / Android applications for iPhone and iPad: CrossDJ / CrossDJ Remote
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Remote App with Cross DJ

Postby Tobiton on 04 Jan 2016, 23:35

Hi,
I'm working already a long time with Cross DJ and now purchased the remote app. Unfortunately there is no connection possible, tried already several fixes but nothing works.
My set-up:
- Macbook Pro (mid 2012), OS X 10.10.5
- Cross DJ on Mac tried to run in 32- and 64-bit-mode
- iPad 4th generation, iOS 9.2
- Cross DJ remote on iPad can't connect (STATUS-button shows '!')
- marked 'using remote app' in Cross DJ's set-up menu and 'connection lost')
- tried to connect iPad and Mac either with ad-hoc-network and home WiFi

To avoid bad iPad, I purchased the app for iPhone 6 (iOS 9.2) and this is complete horrible. Apart from a not fitting resolution, the same effect came up.
Is there anyone who has an idea, in which way to solve this issue?

Alternatively, I would like to know how to get back my 15€.

Thanks

Tobi
Tobiton

Re: Remote App with Cross DJ

Postby Stormcaller on 13 Jan 2016, 14:54

iOS 8 and later completely messed up the remote. I am using iOS 8 on my iPad, and it does work, but is a bit flakey. I certainly don't use it while i'm playing a set in a club because it has the random chance of crashing Cross.

Are you using Cross 3.3.11? I couldn't get it to work at all in Cross 3.3.10 or below.

I do run iOS 9 on my iPhone but I honestly cannot justify buying it because the remote is a heap of junk app that is in dire need of an update. Quite why Cross has separate listings for iPhone and iPad I don't know because other apps seem to manage without doing this.

Also, please put your Cross serial number in the relevant field of your Cross forum profile, so it appears as an icon beside your posts. You cannot download updates to Cross without doing this first, and it is a great backup for your serial in case your hard drive dies or your laptop gets stolen. Everyone should do it as soon as they get Cross.
Stormcaller

Postby Tobiton on 21 Jan 2016, 22:21

Hi & thank you so much for your explanations. I gave up hoping for a reply, but you light up a bit. My Cross DJ version is 3.3.10 and the info screen says, software is on actual version... How can I update on 3.3.11? As far as I can believe the info screen ('about Cross DJ'), it's doing a self-check. Besides, I'm working on downgrading my iPod touch from iOS 9.2 to 8.0. Let's hope the best. Perhaps you can explain in the meantime, how I can get to software version 3.3.11.

Thanks!

P.S.: The S/N is now on my profile informations.
Tobiton

Postby DJ Vintage on 21 Jan 2016, 23:03

The regular Cross app has just moved to universal (i.e. same app downloadable on both iPad and iPhone with only one purchase).
I am assuming that if an update of the remote is in the making, it will follow the same strategy.

I think, so purely speculation, that they just look at the "sales" figures for Cross Remote and had to conclude that it was a little used app. I have had it, played around with it for a bit and decided not to integrate it into my standard setup.

While I can see some of the functionality come in handy, I thought it looked outdated when I got it (couple of years ago I think) and it was too much an attempt to look like a controller on my iPad. It's a remote after all, not a replacement. Just my personal opinion.

I'd be all for a simple few buttons/faders remote app that I could run of my iPhone in case I needed the option to start a track, mute a channel, change volume or anything from within the room for some reason. I wouldn't need to be able to sit at the bar or a table and do everything I could behind the controller/laptop.
Nice clean GUI, essential functionality on one screen, one or two extra screens for some extra things.

Oh well, I guess we'll see what the future brings.

If I have a say in the matter, Cross 4.0 and Cross for iPad/iPhone should be WAY higher on the priority list. With limited resources that means that development on some of the other products has to slow down or even stop.

As with many companies, it is about focus. Personally I think Cross should pick its 2-3 most popular and successful products and toss all the irrelevant other things they have. Total focus on those products and develop the heck out of them. Make the products as complete as possible (including mapping for all controllers, good support team, easy webshop, UPDATED manuals, instructional videos on Youtube, etx.) and become really good at one or two things, rather than trying to have a finger in every market.

Or make each product a profil and loss center with a central marketing and support structure. That way market succes determines which products come out on top, but all products will have their own " management" that has only to focus on ONE product.

So, dear Mixvibes people, if you want me in Paris for some business consulting, just let me know. TGV is only a 5 hour ride :D
DJ Vintage

Postby Stormcaller on 09 Feb 2016, 12:42

Hopefully now the iOS devs have finished doing a bunch of major updates to the Cross app, and apparently some kind of new app we've not seen yet, they will either update the remote or build the functionality into the Cross iOS app.
Stormcaller

Postby party_of_one on 10 May 2016, 00:14

Anything happening with the remote app. It did work, now it doesn't. Waiting patiently for months and nothing ? any chance of a refund ?
party_of_one

Postby RoJeC on 10 May 2016, 07:20

Some more patience is needed. Due to all kind of OS changes over the years it had to be rebuild, just to get the same functionality back.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby party_of_one on 10 May 2016, 09:15

how many more months to wait ? does the development team have a time line for completion ?
party_of_one

Postby RoJeC on 10 May 2016, 18:57

It will be in the coming months, together with the new Cross version. The devteam is the only to communicate on timelines. Only after testing the new features it can be decided if features are ready for release for the users to be testing in the Release Candidate.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby SKova on 12 Aug 2018, 21:14

Is there any chance that there will be a version of Cross DJ Remote or even Cross DJ that can control the PC/Mac version. I would even be willing to pay for the app if needed. When working events, it makes it nice and simple to have your laptop running Cross and then control from the floor.

Thank you.
SKova

Return to iOS Discussion