The club I play at every Friday and Saturday has an XDJ
-R1, and I don't own VDJ or Traktor. I downloaded armink's mapping on Friday night while playing off a flash drive in the club, loaded it up and it worked! I ran in external mode. I have a sound card going into the inputs of the Pioneer, so that the level LED's work exactly like they do for the USB or CDs.
I made a couple of changes:
- Made the sync button "toggle" so it stays on when I press it. I prefer it like this - if the downbeat is wrong I'll just turn sync off again.
- Made the browse encoder scroll through whichever browser pane is in focus, not just the current playlist
- Made the back button (above the browse encoder) switch which pane is in focus (collections, folder tree or playlist contents). Shift + back expands/collapses folders.
Changes I'd still like to make:
- I'd like to get the "Master" button LEDs to work
- I'd like to have the pitch range toggle between 6% and 18%. If it goes past 18%, the BPM detection is usually wrong. This is just personal preference. Maybe I'll map the range button to one value, and shift+range to the other value.
- I'd like to have buttons to set the auto loop and seek length in tandum, plus a button to turn auto-loop on and off (maybe I missed this somewhere in the original mapping)
- I wish I could scroll between only my favourite effects. This doesn't seem to be possible in Cross.
Thanks again for the mapping! It was perfect for getting me started without having to fiddle around with all the basics. The jogwheels feel great to me