mixvibes record pool (if rane does it why not mixvibes)

Forum closed (read only)
Forum rules
PLEASE.READ.FORUM.RULES.SUPPORT.UPDATE

FORUM CLOSED PLEASE POST in NEW TECHNICAL FORUMS BY SOFTWARE FAMILY

* Register your software (User Control Panel > Profile > Serial Number)
* Go to the download center and install the latest versions of software and drivers
* Use the search tool to look into topics
* Check the FAQs to be sure your problem hasn't been solved already
* Write in concise and precise ENGLISH Thank you.

mixvibes record pool (if rane does it why not mixvibes)

Postby dj_cross_fade on 11 Mar 2011, 21:25

rane has white label so why not mixvibes
Last edited by dj_cross_fade on 12 Mar 2011, 05:19, edited 1 time in total.
i stream my mixes and Gameplay at http://www.hitbox.tv/MediaHeadzTv
at Hitbox.tv you get no copy right strikes and im working on making a DJ community there
dj_cross_fade

Re: mixvibes record pool

Postby Blackbrook on 12 Mar 2011, 00:40

Interesting idea! As far as you do ont want an implementation in Cross or DVS :D A record pool for mixvibes forum users would be great, but who will fill it?
But nevertheless let's talk about it and maybe we get to a conclusion and a realisation!

Chers,

Steve
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Winner Mixvibes 10 years DJ contest 2009

Blackbrook

Re: mixvibes record pool

Postby dj_cross_fade on 12 Mar 2011, 05:13

Blackbrook wrote:Interesting idea! As far as you do ont want an implementation in Cross or DVS :D A record pool for mixvibes forum users would be great, but who will fill it?
But nevertheless let's talk about it and maybe we get to a conclusion and a realisation!

Chers,

Steve

a payed implementation in Cross would be great :D
some where the forums there should be a place to rate the songs and download them .hell i would pay $10 to $20 us a mouth for it .
there would even be a place for anyone here that makes tracks to upload them .
the option to download tracks in Cross and rate them right off the bat is a good idea to.(not when your out djing live of course
but when your at home getting set up for your next gig .

flac and mp3 should be the file types offered .
you pay lil more for flac 15 to $25 a mouth but hd is worth it (dont like mp3 but i use it )
i think thats fair price seeing how i was once part of 5 record pools (:confused: so hard to keep track of .) so having one place to come to would make scenes.
where there is hip hop , all types of house dubstep ,drum & bass ,r&b ,funk and so forth .

i can imagine just opening Cross and you go to your sign in for the Cross record pool (aka Cross pool )to log in when your at home. Cross tells your how a new track is doing in clubs,radio ,youtube :lol: how many times the track was played .. you can rate it right there and then at the same time set up your cue points for your new track :D
comes with cd art cover . all tracks would be labeled the way they should be so you dont have to edit the track info at all

one other option would be doing the same thing for recordbox.
at Hitbox.tv you get no copy right strikes and im working on making a DJ community there
dj_cross_fade

Re: mixvibes record pool (if rane does it why not mixvibes)

Postby Blackbrook on 12 Mar 2011, 12:18

As I already said: I like your idea ... BUT :D I do not like the implementation of it in any mixvibes software. To me this is something that slows down the programme. An offline solution, viewable like the forum through your browser, would be interesting if you are asking me.
Additionally you need contacts to labels and producers that fill the server. I can not imagine that there are so many DJs in here that produce to offer a huge database. Nevertheless: Let's keep this thread alive and fill it with ideas!

Cheers,

Steve
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Winner Mixvibes 10 years DJ contest 2009

Blackbrook

Postby phadedvision on 13 Mar 2011, 03:01

When the day comes that everyone else recognizes MixVibes as a direct competitor with SSL/Itch and Traktor, and MV has enough money to license a crapton of music, I don't think this'll be a viable option.

Oh - and WhiteLabel works in upto 320kbps if you have Rane hardware attached to your computer. MV's philosophy on being open and all-inclusive wouldn't really work with this kind of record pool.
phadedvision

Postby Hertz on 19 May 2011, 04:21

I think its viable, I use SSL now and am looking to sell my Cross Pack but I'd still LOVE to see Cross prosper too, and one of the killer reasons that I dig SSL is Whitelabel, it's unbeatable. And I think 320Kb's being a very high quality bit rate would be aptly fine, it's not like doing so would limit any other songs that are higher or lower bit rate? :confused:

Or do you mean that because of the open-all hardware there'd be no lock-out function due to being able to use any hardware w/ it?

Still think there's a work around, like, say, mixvibes shipping you a USB key that only when booted into Mixvibes allows you to playback the songs in a good-great quality.

So if MixVibes could implement some kind of at most $5 a month fee or better yet free service that, like Whitelabel, you can download all the songs you want. For Free. But only play at a high quality bit rate when played in Mixvibes.
"Do what you have to do so you can do what you want to do" - not sure who.
Hertz

Postby dj_cross_fade on 28 Oct 2011, 20:50

Hertz wrote:I think its viable, I use SSL now and am looking to sell my Cross Pack but I'd still LOVE to see Cross prosper too, and one of the killer reasons that I dig SSL is Whitelabel, it's unbeatable. And I think 320Kb's being a very high quality bit rate would be aptly fine, it's not like doing so would limit any other songs that are higher or lower bit rate? :confused:

Or do you mean that because of the open-all hardware there'd be no lock-out function due to being able to use any hardware w/ it?

Still think there's a work around, like, say, mixvibes shipping you a USB key that only when booted into Mixvibes allows you to playback the songs in a good-great quality.

yes i like that idea
So if MixVibes could implement some kind of at most $5 a month fee or better yet free service that, like Whitelabel, you can download all the songs you want. For Free. But only play at a high quality bit rate when played in Mixvibes.
dj_cross_fade

Return to Suggestions