Core i processors and USB 1.1 audio interfaces - Experiences

forum closed (read only)
Forum rules
PLEASE.READ.FORUM.RULES.SUPPORT.UPDATE

FORUM CLOSED PLEASE POST in NEW TECHNICAL FORUMS BY SOFTWARE FAMILY

* Register your software (User Control Panel > Profile > Serial Number)
* Go to the download center and install the latest versions of software and drivers
* Use the search tool to look into topics
* Check the FAQs to be sure your problem hasn't been solved already
* Write in concise and precise ENGLISH Thank you.

Re: Core i processors and USB 1.1 audio interfaces - Experiences

Postby rhopkins on 24 Aug 2011, 23:53

Robbie23 wrote:rhopkins, thanks so much for the information. This discussion is truly helpful.

I also have the feeling I just ordered the same computer that you have. Acer 15.6 laptop with the Core i3-2310M processor rated at 2.1 GHz.

You have no idea how relieved I am to hear you say it works! I am using a pair of technics 1210s.

Glad to have helped, that's exactly why I posted on this thread so much.

For more reassurance, I was mixing tonight and had no issue. I do notice that sometimes it seems smoother some days than others. Sounds crazy I know, but I'm talking about cracks and pops when a track is played for the first time. Nothing you'd hear in the main mix.

Make sure you let us know that it works/doesn't work.
MacBook Pro - 15" (Mid 2014)
2.2Ghz Processor
16GB RAM

U-Mix Control Pro 2
Cross 3.3.10
rhopkins

Postby Robbie23 on 31 Aug 2011, 14:54

All is here and setup, RHopkins, there is a change of PC at the last minute. I was told that the model I ordered was sold out so I am now using the Core i3 370M @ 2.4Ghz and a 3mb cache.
I know there's a thread which show pics of DJ setups so I will post an image I have.

The setup works fine, although I will now have to get new speakers, since the double amplified mixer and U46 have totally overpowered the computer 11 speaker Logitechs.
Robbie23

Postby rhopkins on 17 Oct 2011, 23:51

I was all too happy to shout when things were working great but right now I am suffering the very problems described at the start of this thread. I have no idea why, I haven't changed any settings, but I will describe my current settings and what is happening.

So I am finding that 20 minutes into a mix session the signal quality for both decks falls to 0%. If it helps to illustrate further, during callibration I see the vinyl turning but instead of a clear circle I see lots of dots appearing. These appear in both decks no matter whether one or both of the decks are playing.

My settings are buffer number 4, sample rate 48,000khz and latency of 144.

I've noticed something weird in the control panel, though. I have 3 USB ports. Only my U46 interface is plugged in. I have two ports on the right of the laptop and one on the left. Plugged into the right-hand side ports the control panel displays f/w 2.2.3. If I unplug the interface and plug it into the USB port on the left-hand side it displays f/w 1.0.0. Why would this be?

The only other factor is that I am using No.23 Recorder to record my mix at the same time. This has been my setup ever since I got my laptop. As I say, I haven't changed anything so I don't know why this is suddenly happening. If I goto settings and click on 44000khz everything is fine again, as it stays if I click back on 48000khz. I guess this effectively resets the interface.

I now need to take a walk as I'm very :redface:
2.2Ghz Processor
16GB RAM

U-Mix Control Pro 2
Cross 3.3.10
rhopkins

Postby Support@MixVibes on 18 Oct 2011, 11:06

What driver are you using ?
What version of Cross ?
Support@MixVibes

Postby rhopkins on 18 Oct 2011, 11:11

Cross 1.6.1 with U46MK2 v3.0
2.2Ghz Processor
16GB RAM

U-Mix Control Pro 2
Cross 3.3.10
rhopkins

Postby Hannes on 18 Oct 2011, 11:19

rhopkins wrote:Plugged into the right-hand side ports the control panel displays f/w 2.2.3. If I unplug the interface and plug it into the USB port on the left-hand side it displays f/w 1.0.0. Why would this be?

Could it be that you installed the 3.0 driver on a different usb-port than the previous driver?

btw. 1.6.1 seems to have some issues performance-wise, but it should be fixed in the next release i was told.
June 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month

https://soundcloud.com/han-nes-10/fridaybeatdown2ndedition
no support by pm

beta troll

Macbook Pro 13, late 2011, 6GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500
Thudrumble TR-1S, Vestax VFX-1, ESI Maya USB+, Rane SL2
Hannes

Postby Support@MixVibes on 18 Oct 2011, 11:41

I've noticed something weird in the control panel, though. I have 3 USB ports. Only my U46 interface is plugged in. I have two ports on the right of the laptop and one on the left. Plugged into the right-hand side ports the control panel displays f/w 2.2.3. If I unplug the interface and plug it into the USB port on the left-hand side it displays f/w 1.0.0. Why would this be?

I think that in the port that say FW 2.2.3 everything is ok, but in the other, I guess that the soundcard is not properly detected/installed and the panel display the default value FW 1.0.0
Support@MixVibes

Postby rhopkins on 18 Oct 2011, 11:45

j-kut wrote:
rhopkins wrote:Plugged into the right-hand side ports the control panel displays f/w 2.2.3. If I unplug the interface and plug it into the USB port on the left-hand side it displays f/w 1.0.0. Why would this be?

Could it be that you installed the 3.0 driver on a different usb-port than the previous driver?

btw. 1.6.1 seems to have some issues performance-wise, but it should be fixed in the next release i was told.

That's a good point. I've only probably had one other practice with 1.6.1. Didn't have any issue that time, but wonder if I went back to 1.6.0 if things would improve?

Problem is my Collection wouldn't open, right?
2.2Ghz Processor
16GB RAM

U-Mix Control Pro 2
Cross 3.3.10
rhopkins

Postby Support@MixVibes on 19 Oct 2011, 11:16

1.6.0 & 1.6.1 can share the same collection. There is only some fixes in between, not heavy database redraw.
Support@MixVibes

Previous

Return to Tips & Tutorials