[Tutorial] Setting U46MKII for use with ASIO4ALL driver.

forum closed (read only)
Forum rules
PLEASE.READ.FORUM.RULES.SUPPORT.UPDATE

FORUM CLOSED PLEASE POST in NEW TECHNICAL FORUMS BY SOFTWARE FAMILY

* Register your software (User Control Panel > Profile > Serial Number)
* Go to the download center and install the latest versions of software and drivers
* Use the search tool to look into topics
* Check the FAQs to be sure your problem hasn't been solved already
* Write in concise and precise ENGLISH Thank you.

[Tutorial] Setting U46MKII for use with ASIO4ALL driver.

Postby gakto2009 on 22 Jan 2009, 10:07

Setting up the U46MKII for use with ASIO4ALL driver.

It has come to our attention that the ASIO4ALL driver significantly improves the performance of the U46MKII soundcard by Mixvibes.

Unfortunately, development of the driver for the U46MKII is down to ESI, the original manufacturer of the U46DJ (the U46MKII’s predecessor). Hopefully in time Mixvibes will take over the development of the driver which should speed up any advancement in the performance of the driver.

What do we know about ASIO4ALL?

ASIO4ALL was first developed by Michael Tippach in 2003 for proposes of adding ASIO support to the AC97 chipset, however it quickly became a universal ASIO driver for Windows Driver Model (WDM) audio.

In order to use ASIO4ALL you will require a WDM driver for your audio device, audio devices that comply with the Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) guidelines, which were developed by Microsoft Corporation, can rely entirely on the operating system for driver support. Audio devices that are not UAA-compatible require vendor-supplied custom drivers.

ASIO4ALL is FREE!

Let’s get started with the installation

First of all, download the ASIO4ALL driver,

ASIO4ALL 2.9 (English)
ASIO4ALL 2.9 (French)
ASIO4ALL 2.9 (Italian)
ASIO4ALL 2.9 (Deutsch)
ASIO4ALL 2.9 (Chinese)

Ensure your audio device is connected to your computer and has a WDM driver installed. It is not essential that you uninstall the original U46MKII driver however it does help keeps things simple during setup.

If you would like to uninstall the original U46MKII driver visit the windows Control Panel>Programs and Features (Add Remove Programs) and uninstall “MIXVIBES – U46MKII Audio Driver”. It will then be necessary to power down the U46MKII and power it up again in order for Windows to install a WDM driver.

Installing ASIO4ALL

Double click the ASIO4ALL download to start installation,

Click “Next”.

Check “I accept the terms in the Licence Agreement” and click “Next”.

Select the ASIO4ALL components you want to install; ReWuschel enables the optional ReWire audio input. Off-Line Settings installs the offline settings utility with start menu options.

Make sure you select “Off-Line Settings”, and then click “Next”.

Enter the path you wish to install the ASIO4ALL driver to, it is recommended you use the default path.

Click “Next”.

The installation process with will continue installing ASIO4ALL to your computer.

Click “Finish”, ASIO4ALL has now successfully installed onto your computer.

Configuring ASIO4ALL to work with the U46MKII

Start the ASIO4ALL control panel by navigation to “Start Menu>All Programs>ASIO4ALL v2>ASIO4ALL v2 Off-line Settings”, the ASIO4ALL control panel will now appear.

Start by clicking the “advanced Options icon Image this will display the advanced options that we will be working with.

Now click the + icons to expand the properties of each device you have connected to your computer.

Here you need to deselect the devices you do not want to use with Mixvibes and select the devices you do want to use, Use the Image buttons to active/deactivate the devices you want to use, when the icon is lit, the device is active, when the icon is not lit, the device is inactive/disabled.

Now click Image to exit ASIO4ALL.

ASIO4ALL’s basic settings have now been set in order to configure Mixvibes with the ASIO4ALL driver.

See “Configuring the U46MKII monitor channels” Below.

Configuring Mixvibes 7 to work with ASIO4ALL

Within Mixvibes navigate to “Preferences>Install wizard”, this process will guide you through setting up various aspects of Mixvibes including setting your audio device inputs and outputs.

1) Select your Mixvibes skin, and then click “Next”.

2) Select “ASIO (low latency – Vinyl record or CD control), and then click “Next”.

3) Select “ASIO4ALL v2” as your soundcard, and then click “Next”.

4) Selecting your outputs; for selection 1 set “1:U46DJ 1-U46DJ 2” (Left Deck), for selection 2 set “2:U46DJ 3-U46DJ 4” (Right Deck), and then click “Next”.

5) Selecting your inputs; for selection 1 set “0:U46DJ 1-U46DJ 2” (Left Deck), for selection 2 set “2:U46DJ 3-U46DJ 4” (Right Deck), and then click “Next”.

6)
A) Choose the input source for input 1 (Left Deck) (Vinyl/CD/Nothing).

B) Play the control Vinyl/CD at 0 Pitch.

C) Press Next.

7)
A) Choose the input source for input 2 (Right Deck) (Vinyl/CD/Nothing).

B) Play the control Vinyl/CD at 0 Pitch.

C) Press Next.

8) Optimize Mixvibes to your preferences, and then click “Finnish”.

Mixvibes is now configured to work with ASIO4ALL driver, setting the latency of the ASIO4ALL driver works on the same principle as the U46MKII... Please refer to the ASIO4ALL user manual for further information on how to use the ASIO4ALL configuration panel.

If you need any further assistance on setting up ASIO4ALL to work with Mixvibes 7 or setting up latency, please feel free to ask.

Configuring Mixvibes Cross to work with ASIO4ALL (with Vinyl/CD control)

Within Mixvibes Cross, navigate to “File>Preferences>”, then click the “Audio” tab.

First of all, from the drop down list showing “Primary Sound Driver”, Select “ASIO4ALL”.

Now from the sections, “Active input channels” and “Active output channels” select your inputs and out puts.

Ensure the “Routing Mode” is set to “External Mixer”.

Your inputs and outputs are now configured to work with Mixvibes Cross, now click the “Vinyl/CD” tab to configure and calibrate your Vinyl/CD timecode.

Simply select your “Control Media” type, then your “Input Level”, play your timecode at 0 Pitch and press the “Calibrate” button.

Vinyl/CD control is now setup.

Now you can go back to the “Audio” tab and setup your latency to best suit your system.

Configuring the U46MKII monitor channels

If you don’t have the original U46MKII driver installed you need to disable the monitor feature of the device, this can be done by visiting the Windows Audio Properties.

Navigate to “Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Sound”,

Select “Speakers, U46DJ” and click “Properties”, and then select the “Levels” tab.

Now set the bottom “U46DJ” level to “0”, DO NOT MUTE THIS LEVEL!

That’s all there is to it!

A big thanks to everyone involved in testing and figuring this process!
..!.. ..!.. NO SUPPORT BY PM ..!.. ..!..

gakto2009

Re: [Tutorial] Setting U46MKII for use with ASIO4ALL driver.

Postby N-deep on 22 Jan 2009, 10:41

Nice work gakto2009, as usual!
N-deep

Postby jiel on 22 Jan 2009, 12:28

++++++++

a really usefull post for Asio4all
jiel

Postby phadedvision on 22 Jan 2009, 12:58

Definitely going to make it easier on people who've just bought everything!
phadedvision

Postby Ptichampy on 22 Jan 2009, 18:46

Merci Gakto !! :rolleyes:

A big Thanks Gakto.

I test it soon this weekend. Thank you very much

Dell Latitude PentiumIII 1.5 Ghz
Windows XP SP3
256 Mo
DD 30GB + 80GB USB
2 Numark TT200+ Shure M44-7 + DJX750
Mixvibes DVS 7.1 +MAYA44 USB+vinyls V2B

Ptichampy

Postby gakto2009 on 23 Jan 2009, 10:09

Ptichampy wrote:Merci Gakto !! :rolleyes:

A big Thanks Gakto.

I test it soon this weekend. Thank you very much

Dont forget to let us know your results! :mrgreen:

gakto2009

Postby Patch on 23 Jan 2009, 23:16

I'm glad this has been done. I've thought about it many times - but my setup is pretty stable with the ESI driver.

I think I'll give this a go now that it's been tested...
Pentium 4HT Laptop, 1Gb Ram, XP Pro, Mixvibes DVS, Ableton Live, UC-33e, Rolls MP80 Pedal, SP-202, DM2, DJM 600s, 2xTechnics 1200s, Vestax PMC 07 ProD, Motu Ultralite, U46DJ.
Patch

Postby Cactuss on 01 Feb 2009, 00:36

I set mine up on my vista laptop and tried to push it to 64 samples. It worked but was very unstable. Went to 128 samples and it was stable but choking when i was browsing the library. Apart from that i noticed that it sounds brilliant. The highs are more defined. Has anyone noticed this?
Cactuss

Postby Patch on 01 Feb 2009, 22:08

Has anybody tried this on a system with more than 1 external soundcard? I have an MOTU Ultralite that I use with Live, and a U46DJII that I use for 'Vibes. Will installing ASIO4ALL cause any conflicts with the Ultralite drivers??? I don't want to have to use ASIO4ALL for the Ultralite...
Pentium 4HT Laptop, 1Gb Ram, XP Pro, Mixvibes DVS, Ableton Live, UC-33e, Rolls MP80 Pedal, SP-202, DM2, DJM 600s, 2xTechnics 1200s, Vestax PMC 07 ProD, Motu Ultralite, U46DJ.
Patch

Postby gakto2009 on 01 Feb 2009, 22:11

ASIO4ALL works fine on more than one card (tested with Edirol FA-101 & MIXVIBES U46MKII). you have to use the same driver for both connected devices, you cant use more than 1 ASIO driver at any one time.

regards,
Bryan

gakto2009

Next

Return to Tips & Tutorials