[Tutorial] MIDI interfaces, and Mixvibes.

forum closed (read only)
Forum rules
PLEASE.READ.FORUM.RULES.SUPPORT.UPDATE

FORUM CLOSED PLEASE POST in NEW TECHNICAL FORUMS BY SOFTWARE FAMILY

* Register your software (User Control Panel > Profile > Serial Number)
* Go to the download center and install the latest versions of software and drivers
* Use the search tool to look into topics
* Check the FAQs to be sure your problem hasn't been solved already
* Write in concise and precise ENGLISH Thank you.

Re: [Tutorial] MIDI interfaces, and Mixvibes.

Postby gakto2009 on 22 Apr 2009, 17:40

@ xtatic,

You will have to be more specific so we can help you out, using the pads to control the active effects and there preset parameters is fine though you will have to be more detailed on how you wish to use the control.

There is no complete comprehensive list for Mixvibes 7 just yet, i am still working on it, lol.

Why can i only select 'echo' effect in the sellector? how do i map a different one?

your MIDI command line is not set propperly.

regards,
Bryan
..!.. ..!.. NO SUPPORT BY PM ..!.. ..!..

gakto2009

Postby xtatic on 26 Apr 2009, 11:26

Thanx ' the reply bryan,
I found somewhere on the forum a list of all the commands wich can be mapped. First I'll try to work something out based on that.
As a start i need to program the behaviour of the nanoPad, so an othe question:
Wich channel do i need to choose? there are the possible 16 channels and a "global" channel. anybody knows what that is?

xtatic
xtatic

Postby angel valtierra on 01 May 2009, 20:26

Hey, very good!: thanx for the nice info and quick tutorial.

I'm willing to increase my MV gigset with a 2nd MIDI controller to use the sampler.

I'm thinking 'bout the korg padkontrol, or mpd 24 from akai. Any suggestions? which one is better?

I also have a little doubt and I think your help might be really usefull for me;

My U46-MKII has 6 outputs, I'm using 2 for monitor and 2 for master out. So Apparently I don't need another soundcard, Do I?

In case I do, that's when decisions come again, along with confusion- everyday stuff for actual DJ's Dealing with this market-.

So, here's the thing:

I have only 2 USB ports on my macbook, both of them are used; 1 by my soundcard, and one by my MIDI mixer- BCD3000-.

Do I need a bigger USB soundcard? wich one would you recommend?

would a simple firewire soundcard rout my sampler out?
I was thinking bout something cheap like FireWave from griffin, but I`m running XP so I don't know if MVpro7.21 would recognize it or even if my mac, under this OS would. do you? Any simple firewire card recommended?
I also look 4 the inspire 1394, wich is much more complex than I need, but still is not that expensive.

that's for the audio, now; MIDI signals.

As far as I understand, MIDI signal is "lighter" than Audio streams. So I'm considering the adition of a hub on the USB port the MIDI mixer is connected to; what do you think? would it support the info flow from both controllers w/o crashing?
Anyone tried it?

Well, Now that you know my situation I have to ask: what would you do if you where in my shoes?

1-mpd 24 or padkontrol?
2-should I buy an extra small firewire soundcard or change to bigger firewire?
3-Are small USB souncards like UCA 202 still an option for me?
- got no free usb ports-
4- About the Hub for connecting the MIDI device+MIDI mixer.
good idea?

Thanx in advance!
:mrgreen:
VDJ PHUNX
VDJ PHUNX
angel valtierra

Postby gakto2009 on 02 May 2009, 01:45

@angel valtierra

Hey, very good!: thanx for the nice info and quick tutorial.

Thank you.

I'm thinking 'bout the korg padkontrol, or mpd 24 from akai. Any suggestions? which one is better?

well, i love the Padkontrol... yes i do, love it (Thanks Mixvibes!).

There is allot to say about the Padkontrol but i will try my best to sum it up as best i can.

The Padkontrol is highly configurable, and very easily hacked! It is a dream to use with Mixvibes, the X-Y pad is fun to use with many different features of Mixvibes while still retaining the ability to use it with the Padkontrol’s own functions and features.

The pads can be configured in literally hundreds of different combinations and for different types of control.

I love it!

My U46-MKII has 6 outputs, I'm using 2 for monitor and 2 for master out. So Apparently I don't need another soundcard, Do I?

there is no need to get another soundcard to run extra MIDI hardware.

As far as I understand, MIDI signal is "lighter" than Audio streams. So I'm considering the adition of a hub on the USB port the MIDI mixer is connected to; what do you think? would it support the info flow from both controllers w/o crashing?

I would recommend that you identify the USB port that carries USB channel 0, connect your U46MKII to this port and install the drivers (always use this port thereafter).

Two options with the USB HUB...

Get a normal BUS powered USB hub and use the MIDI hardware’s own power supply during use (where applicable), or, get a Self powered USB hub and use the hub to power the MIDI hardware (where applicable).

Either way, there should not be a problem using a hub to connect the MIDI hardware to the computer.

i think this answers everything..

regards,
Bryan
..!.. ..!.. NO SUPPORT BY PM ..!.. ..!..

gakto2009

Postby angel valtierra on 03 May 2009, 21:33

Wow!
:biggrin:
tnanks.
VDJ PHUNX
angel valtierra

Postby Marxon on 31 Mar 2010, 20:56

xtatic wrote:Wich channel do i need to choose? there are the possible 16 channels and a "global" channel. anybody knows what that is?

xtatic

Hi Xtatic!
Did you read Gakto´s Tutorial? There you will find a lot of infos about MIDI.
Its up to you which channel you choose. Your MIDI controller must set on the same channel, of course.

rgds
Marxon
MEMBER OF:

:cool: People MV Society :cool:

FLAC Tag minority

---------------------------------------
Cross 3.0 / Producer 7.5 / Cross Remote App
Korg Zero 8, Kaoss Pad 3
Alesis AirFX
Roland SP303
Novation Remote SL 49 MK2
iPad 4