U46MK2 soundcard mixing and recording with it too?

Forum closed (read only)
Forum rules
PLEASE.READ.FORUM.RULES.SUPPORT.UPDATE

FORUM CLOSED PLEASE POST in NEW TECHNICAL FORUMS BY SOFTWARE FAMILY

* Register your software (User Control Panel > Profile > Serial Number)
* Go to the download center and install the latest versions of software and drivers
* Use the search tool to look into topics
* Check the FAQs to be sure your problem hasn't been solved already
* Write in concise and precise ENGLISH Thank you.

U46MK2 soundcard mixing and recording with it too?

Postby mojster_jaka on 25 Apr 2007, 23:15

Hello,

I have one question. I'm thinking about buying the U46MK2 soundcard advertised on the mixvibes site.

The question that I have is, can I plug in two turntables, like I normally would to mix and at the same time, have one more cable going from the mixer's record output to another soundcard's input so that I can record it with a program, for example Adobe Audition (where I can select the input that I want to record from)?

Does it have enough inputs to normally connect this?

Cause it would kill me to find out that I could plug in and mix with the turntables only to find that I have no more inputs left for the recording signal, or that I would need another soundcard just for the recording signal.

Sure hope for some positive feedback from you guys.
mojster_jaka

Postby dj9 on 25 Apr 2007, 23:49

Hello ,

No you don't have enought input with the U46DJMK2 for use 2 turntables and record your mix with the same sound card.

U46DJMK2 have 4 inputs and you need minimum 6 inputs for connect 2 turntables and your mixer to the same sound card.

Bye.
! PAS DE SUPPORT PAR MP - POSTEZ SUR LE FORUM !

! NO SUPPORT BY PM - POST ON THE BOARD !

Mode Standby = On : Waiting Linux version ;)

dj9

Postby mojster_jaka on 26 Apr 2007, 07:39

Ok, thanks.

So the way I see it, I could just use one input on my current Audigy 2 PCI soundcard for the recording signal, and have the U46DJMK2 USB soundcard for the Mixvibes configuration?

I've never had a USB soundcard, so I presume you can have low latency with this card too? What latency can I expect from U46DJMK2, cause I didn't see it written anywhere.

And I presume there would be no problems using both soundcards at once, right?
mojster_jaka

Postby dj9 on 26 Apr 2007, 13:37

mojster_jaka wrote:Ok, thanks.

So the way I see it, I could just use one input on my current Audigy 2 PCI soundcard for the recording signal, and have the U46DJMK2 USB soundcard for the Mixvibes configuration?

yes , right.

mojster_jaka wrote:I've never had a USB soundcard, so I presume you can have low latency with this card too? What latency can I expect from U46DJMK2, cause I didn't see it written anywhere.

as i read on the forum , users who have the U46DJ can get a latency between 3 to 7 ms . After that depend of your computer ressources and how it was optimized..

mojster_jaka wrote:And I presume there would be no problems using both soundcards at once, right?

Yes , right
! PAS DE SUPPORT PAR MP - POSTEZ SUR LE FORUM !

! NO SUPPORT BY PM - POST ON THE BOARD !

Mode Standby = On : Waiting Linux version ;)

dj9

Return to Technical support