Non-working U46DJ after Reason

Forum closed (read only)
Forum rules
PLEASE.READ.FORUM.RULES.SUPPORT.UPDATE

FORUM CLOSED PLEASE POST in NEW TECHNICAL FORUMS BY SOFTWARE FAMILY

* Register your software (User Control Panel > Profile > Serial Number)
* Go to the download center and install the latest versions of software and drivers
* Use the search tool to look into topics
* Check the FAQs to be sure your problem hasn't been solved already
* Write in concise and precise ENGLISH Thank you.

Non-working U46DJ after Reason

Postby Kharys on 24 Aug 2006, 15:40

Hello,

P3A3T3 wrote:I was using mixvibes fine. then my mate jumped on reason while i was using mixvibes and set the soundcard to my u46dj. now mixvibes wont work at all. i have tried looking at the settings and the u46dj is still selected. Also i have unselected the u46dj from reason. i have tried restarting and everything. Does anyone have any suggestions??

Sounds to me like Reason did something to the ASIO driver, try reinstalling the ASIO driver and reconfiguring or re"wizard"ing MixVibes for the U46DJ after that. Should work fine afterwards...

[],
Kharys

Postby P3A3T3 on 25 Aug 2006, 08:52

thanks for the advice. i will try that. does this mean i can not have reason and mixvibes running on the same computer. Or just at the same time? or just on the same soundcard?
P3A3T3

Postby Kharys on 25 Aug 2006, 12:43

Hello,

Don't know exactly, it could have been a one time problem, it can be something reason will always do, all you can do is try it out. Even if you can't get them both at the same time, you can still get them on the same computer with multi-boot.

[],
Kharys

Postby TAURUS on 26 Aug 2006, 20:33

Mixvibes is using your full Asio Soundcard.
This means that both inputs and both output are using by Mixvibes.

If the in- or outputs are occupied by an application it is not possible to use a second application on the same card.

It is also not possible to use 2 asiocards on 1 computer, because 1 processor can't handel two of these "heavy"cards.

If it works with a dual processor i don't know.

You can try the normal standard soundcard selected for reason and your asio card for mixvibes.

But attension!! those two programs together will use a lot of CPU.

The way i work: one PC P4(2Gb Ram) with mixvibes and all MP3 files (400Gb)

Another PC P4 (2Gb) with reason and Cubase SX3 (with also ASIO card)

Now i can record files from Mixevibes in the multitrack sequencer from Cubase and import at the same time patterns from reason.

Wire up PC with MV to 2 channels (like usally) to your mixer, then record output to the other PC with Cubase and reason... and voila it works fine.

Greets Pat
Toshiba Satellite A200-1K8 , Pentium dual Core 2 Gb Ram ESI Maya44 USB
160Gb Intern & 500Gb Extern
Pentium 4 / 3.2Ghz / 2Gb / 200Gb & 320Gb with Maya44 MKII
2xTechnics SL-1210MK2 with Ortofon pro DJ (Silver) Mixvibes DVS RC 7.218 , Vinyl V2B
Soundcraft D-mix 500 & Tascam US-2400
Roland Cakewalk Producer
TAURUS

Return to Technical support