mixvibes 6.16 refuses to play

Forum closed (read only)
Forum rules
PLEASE.READ.FORUM.RULES.SUPPORT.UPDATE

FORUM CLOSED PLEASE POST in NEW TECHNICAL FORUMS BY SOFTWARE FAMILY

* Register your software (User Control Panel > Profile > Serial Number)
* Go to the download center and install the latest versions of software and drivers
* Use the search tool to look into topics
* Check the FAQs to be sure your problem hasn't been solved already
* Write in concise and precise ENGLISH Thank you.

mixvibes 6.16 refuses to play

Postby DirkV on 27 Dec 2011, 21:17

Hi,
I work with mixvibes 6.16 (under Win7) and have been playing with it for hours. Now I have been trying to control Mixvibes with my Behringer BCF2000 controller but it didn’t work. So I unchecked the MIDI input in the Options/MIDI
But Mixvibes seems to not see the uncheck and seems to still wait for a control signal and thus not reacting anymore to mouse commands.
The problem seems to lie in the active playlist which seems to keep the setting. Starting a new playlist makes the mixvibes active again and by opening the previous playlist the inactivity appears again.
Very strange :-/
How to solve this please?

Thanks for reading this
Last edited by DirkV on 28 Dec 2011, 01:48, edited 1 time in total.
DirkV

Re: mixvibes 6.16 refuses to play

Postby daniel clark on 28 Dec 2011, 01:04

:cool: :cool: :?: :?: what software and version are you using :?: :?: 6.16,, :?: :?:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby Blackbrook on 28 Dec 2011, 01:29

Is there a way to update to the latest version? 7.218? If so, I highly recommend it ;)
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Winner Mixvibes 10 years DJ contest 2009

Blackbrook

Postby DirkV on 28 Dec 2011, 02:03

Hi thanks for reacting,

I work on a HP HDX laptop under windows 7. My controller is a Behringer BCF2000. This is not a regular DJ controller, but I'm not a DJ either and use mixvibes only occasionally. I tried to update from mixvibes 6.16 to 6.411 (the most recent version available to me without paying an upgrade). Two posts earlier I described how also this update refuses to work.
FYI: I'm a beginner in de mixvibes thing, but I'm not at all a beginner in using sound software.

greets,
D.
DirkV

Postby Blackbrook on 28 Dec 2011, 02:45

Oh I see! You are not allowed to upgrade for free!!! Unfortunately I started using DVS with Version 7.218 (very late) and do not know how the 6er version looked and worked. I hope Support@Mixvibes will answer in this thread in a few hours when the office is open again.

Sorry!

Cheers,

Steve
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Winner Mixvibes 10 years DJ contest 2009

Blackbrook

Postby DirkV on 28 Dec 2011, 03:07

@Blackbrook & @daniel clark: Thank you anyway for trying to help :-)
DirkV

Postby Support@MixVibes on 28 Dec 2011, 12:50

DirkV wrote:Hi,
I work with mixvibes 6.16 (under Win7) and have been playing with it for hours. Now I have been trying to control Mixvibes with my Behringer BCF2000 controller but it didn’t work. So I unchecked the MIDI input in the Options/MIDI

Ok.

But Mixvibes seems to not see the uncheck and seems to still wait for a control signal and thus not reacting anymore to mouse commands.
The problem seems to lie in the active playlist which seems to keep the setting. Starting a new playlist makes the mixvibes active again and by opening the previous playlist the inactivity appears again.
Very strange :-/
How to solve this please?

Does it happen with any old playlist or just one ?
Support@MixVibes

Postby DirkV on 28 Dec 2011, 16:55

I try to reconstruct the error to precisely descript it, here is what happens:

- I have .m3u playlists that I import in Mixvibes6 and I save them as .vib

- I try to connect my BCF2000 MIDI controller via USB and check the OPTIONS/MIDI/ENABLE toggle. I choose another behringer controller hoping to edit it and make my BCF2000 work. Yesterday (when I wrote my call for help) this brought mixvibes6 into an endless wait. Unchecking the midi-enable toggle didn't work. This status seems to have been saved into the .vib playlist. When I start a new list, mixvbes is active again. When I open the other list, the endless wait status is there again. I made 2 or 3 lists unusable this way.

- In order to answer you precisely, I set up a test playlist with test mp3's but today I couldn't reproduce the same endless wait problem again??? Checking the midi-enable toggle doesn't show any visible reaction at all although mixvibes "sees" the controller. (no other software is using MIDI)
Tests with other software show that everything is ok with the controller and the usb-connection

- I am still working on the BCF2000 ini-file. No controll at all happens. Is it because of an inadequate connection or because of an inadequate .ini file? I am still figuring out how to interprete the commands for the .ini file.

- hoping some of these problems would disappear by installing the 6.411 version but this lead me into other problems that I described in my other post.

I hope this can give you an idea of what I keep doing wrong.
DirkV

Postby Support@MixVibes on 28 Dec 2011, 17:20

- I don"t have any versions of MV6 (not supported anymore) and the 6.411 is from early 2008. 4years soon...

- it was initially an update to support Vista (so try to hange the compatibility mode to XP or Vista and always run as admin)

- the vib files are not playlists, they're mediabase and so can include severals playlists. So you can put all your m3u into one vib.

- endless wait status is not related to MIDI vs. playlist. I think that you certainly have some medias that can put the software into this state. So you'd better check this before going into the MIDI.

- you should have your mediabase ok and running (save/reload) before trying the MIDI, like this, issues won't interfere with each other.

- why don't you simply use the mapping file provided ? [BEHRINGER BCD 2000] MixVibes 6 PRO
Support@MixVibes

Return to Technical support