Ion Discover DJ - Windows 7 - Alienware M15x

Forum closed (read only)
Forum rules
PLEASE.READ.FORUM.RULES.SUPPORT.UPDATE

FORUM CLOSED PLEASE POST in NEW TECHNICAL FORUMS BY SOFTWARE FAMILY

* Register your software (User Control Panel > Profile > Serial Number)
* Go to the download center and install the latest versions of software and drivers
* Use the search tool to look into topics
* Check the FAQs to be sure your problem hasn't been solved already
* Write in concise and precise ENGLISH Thank you.

Ion Discover DJ - Windows 7 - Alienware M15x

Postby Deejay Boom on 13 Dec 2011, 04:03

Okay, So i have purchased multiple Ion controllers in the past, never had a problem on any of my computers, ( Dell Desktop Windows xp, Dell labtop Windows vista, etc.) I installed Cross from the cd, and when i open the program, it says " Please connect device", i connect the device, press try again and it "recongizes" the controller, The labtop picks up the usb device, and "says" it is functioning correctly, under devices, Ion device is listed under "unspecified. At first, i figured it was a faulty controller, hooked it up to my other computers, and a friend's computer, he opened up Virtual DJ, and it picked the controller and functioned flawlessly. When I hook it up to my computer, it lights up and the computer is recognizing the usb device, the program(s) are recognizing the device but it will not work, I have read numerous threads and spoke to multiple people on the issue, some people are saying I do not have the correct driver, others are telling me that a labtop with a built in webcam, sometimes the drivers "corrupt" any other type of input devices or usb device, multiple reasons with NO SOLUTION. Does anyone have any type of input on this issue? ( I tried to call Ion a few days ago, after 30 mins of being on hold for technical support,I simply hung up. Also, does anyone know if i contact Ion, and simply wait do they offer efficent support, such as remote desktop assistance or is it not worth even attempting? Please someone try and help me :/ :(
Deejay Boom

Re: Ion Discover DJ - Windows 7 - Alienware M15x

Postby Hannes on 13 Dec 2011, 11:46

your alienware is new, isnt it?

the 2nd generation iCores handle usb1.1 differently so that´s most likely the problem if it works on your friends and your older pcs.

you can try an anctive usb-hub and see if that helps, but asides that there´s nothing i know that´ll help.
June 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month

https://soundcloud.com/han-nes-10/fridaybeatdown2ndedition
no support by pm

beta troll

Macbook Pro 13, late 2011, 6GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500
Thudrumble TR-1S, Vestax VFX-1, ESI Maya USB+, Rane SL2
Hannes

Postby Support@MixVibes on 13 Dec 2011, 12:55

Deejay Boom wrote:others are telling me that a labtop with a built in webcam, sometimes the drivers "corrupt" any other type of input devices or usb device

May be you could try to see if you have the correct drivers into your usbaudio device.

You should have these.
umcp_drivers.JPG

if not then you should found the installation that wrecked them and remove it to get back to original windows drivers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Support@MixVibes

Postby Deejay Boom on 14 Dec 2011, 09:16

May be you could try to see if you have the correct drivers into your usbaudio device.

You should have these.
umcp_drivers.JPG

if not then you should found the installation that wrecked them and remove it to get back to original windows drivers.

thanks buddy i will try this in a few and let you guys know ! :surprised:
Deejay Boom

Postby Deejay Boom on 21 Dec 2011, 11:35

so i got sooo frustrated i went out and bought a whole new controller, in hopes it was just the controller, i got a Numark Omni Controller... Works great on the desktop, and on my neighbors labtop... SAME issue on my computer... computer picks it up but it wont work, light up nohting on the Alienware.. idk where to turn now, I called alienware, it's still under warranty but not considered a " warranty issue" so they want to charge me tofix it :(
Deejay Boom

Postby Support@MixVibes on 21 Dec 2011, 11:57

Uninstall the webcam drivers to see...
Support@MixVibes

Return to Technical support