MIDI Mapping for VMS4.1

Forum closed (read only)
Forum rules
PLEASE.READ.FORUM.RULES.SUPPORT.UPDATE

FORUM CLOSED PLEASE POST in NEW TECHNICAL FORUMS BY SOFTWARE FAMILY

* Register your software (User Control Panel > Profile > Serial Number)
* Go to the download center and install the latest versions of software and drivers
* Use the search tool to look into topics
* Check the FAQs to be sure your problem hasn't been solved already
* Write in concise and precise ENGLISH Thank you.

MIDI Mapping for VMS4.1

Postby dj_decka on 18 Nov 2011, 02:42

Hi all,

I recently bought myself a American Audio VMS4.1. I am having trouble mapping out a few things:

1. Jog wheel

2. Touch strip

3. Knobs

Another thing I noticed is that when I run the software that comes with the board, The buttons light up. When I run MV's DVS...They do not. Would the button lights hafta be mapped as well?

Thank you to all that have helped me in advance!
dj_decka

Laptop:

Toshiba Satellite A660
Intel Core i5-2410M
6GB (4GB+2GB) 1333MHz DDR3
640GB 5400RPM
Windows 7

MIDI Controller:

Pioneer DDJ-SZ
dj_decka

Re: MIDI Mapping for VMS4.1

Postby christiankoopmann on 18 Nov 2011, 08:40

Hey,

Ok I will see how I can help you. First please give me details about what exactly do not work as wanted. Knobs and Jogs ok but with which functionality at DVS.

One thing first: Jogs are a bit tricky to map. You have to set some parameters like how often the MIDI command is send and so on. therefor are the value1-3.

At Knobs or also written as poti are not as tricky as the jogs but some information about mapping them: most of them are knobs which are sending a basic note like #90 a4 ++ the ++ is a value which can be 0 to 7f. To get the poti working you have to delete the digits at the end. DVS knows then that the value at this position is the position of the poti at your controller.

Some general information: for every button (not jogs or poti) you have to set two commands. One for pressing the button and one for releasing the button. You can the this at the MIDI note. Often and to the specs of MIDI #90 is pressing and #80 is releasing. At the most buttons the parameter value1 is for enable the function 1 and to disable the function you have to set there a 0.

So give us information where you have problems and maybe some code from the MIDI file and post it here than we can look at this code together.

I'm not an owner of this controller so I can only help with information about mapping and can't map it at my own.

Regards
Christian
February 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the Month
DVS 7, Cross (DJ), U-Mix Remote App (iPad & iPhone App)

MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
christiankoopmann

Return to Technical support