MIDI Mapping for Mixxx needed and linux edition of Cross

Forum closed (read only)
Forum rules
PLEASE.READ.FORUM.RULES.SUPPORT.UPDATE

FORUM CLOSED PLEASE POST in NEW TECHNICAL FORUMS BY SOFTWARE FAMILY

* Register your software (User Control Panel > Profile > Serial Number)
* Go to the download center and install the latest versions of software and drivers
* Use the search tool to look into topics
* Check the FAQs to be sure your problem hasn't been solved already
* Write in concise and precise ENGLISH Thank you.

MIDI Mapping for Mixxx needed and linux edition of Cross

Postby MrMinotaur on 18 Sep 2011, 22:57

Hi Community,

I took the plunge and bought a U-Mix Control Pro, but I use a Linux System!

I've found difficulties with getting Cross DJ to run in wine and other visualizers. I've even not been able to partition off a section of hard disk for windows.

So I'm left with the option of using Mixxx, which I don't mind, great bit of software really simple and effective use of my 4 cores so no bad behavior from the virtual wheels of steel.

However, after a couple of attempts at mapping, writing MIDI mappings and using the awkward mapping tool in Mixxx I'm guessing someone out there has had a go at mapping this device to mixxx, or, has much better knowledge than me and can advise!

>Will mixvibes release a linux edition of Cross anytime soon?????

Cheers guys, have a great mix
MrMinotaur

Re: MIDI Mapping for Mixxx needed and linux edition of Cross

Postby Jim B on 19 Sep 2011, 07:03

I don't think anybody here will supply you with map for the U-Mix Control Pro. This is the MixVibes forum

You should be asking your question on the Mixxx (or whatever it's called) forum. I guess they have a forum, don't they?
Jim B

Postby MrMinotaur on 19 Sep 2011, 19:41

They certainly do, but likewise you never know. If anyone is trying to use Cross on Linux, then the thread might be interesting and helpful - eventually!!!!!
MrMinotaur

Postby pallovus on 27 Oct 2011, 06:07

I know I'm pretty late with this reply - and it's only an alternative, but UltraMixer is another native Linux DJ app ($). My demo has no apparent native U-Mix support though, but it is the only one I've seen with B's MIDI Translator as a native device(!). You may need to see Cross run on a native Win machine to check processes and libraries and such to rebuild in Linux/Wine.
pallovus

Return to Technical support