Cue'ing with cdj's in mixvibes Cross.

Forum closed (read only)
Forum rules
PLEASE.READ.FORUM.RULES.SUPPORT.UPDATE

FORUM CLOSED PLEASE POST in NEW TECHNICAL FORUMS BY SOFTWARE FAMILY

* Register your software (User Control Panel > Profile > Serial Number)
* Go to the download center and install the latest versions of software and drivers
* Use the search tool to look into topics
* Check the FAQs to be sure your problem hasn't been solved already
* Write in concise and precise ENGLISH Thank you.

Re: Cue'ing with cdj's in mixvibes Cross.

Postby Blackbrook on 11 May 2011, 16:48

yanni1 wrote:alright I gave it a go, seems to work slightly better by dropping it in with play but it's still not perfectly going back to my cue point.

Tested it over here with CDJ 200 - it works without problems :-X I start the track with play, press play again to get into stutter mode and use the jogs to set the cue. If I have found the cue point I press cue. After that I can start from this cue point while pressing play and getting back to it by pressing cue. BEWARE: in absolute mode!

Cheers,

Steve

EDIT: CDJ 200 do not have a vinyl mode!!!!
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Winner Mixvibes 10 years DJ contest 2009

Blackbrook

Postby makugee on 13 May 2011, 15:21

eh ok just had another long test with using play instead of cue. and vice versa.

It's still not playing from the cue point and it takes me WAY too long to compensate by using the jog wheel to adjust the pitch after i have dropped the song in

Is this intended or is there a fix?

otherwise I probably want a refund.
makugee

Postby sylMV on 13 May 2011, 15:33

You might have a problem with your CDJ or your computer, using the timecode CD in Cross allows you have a very precise control over the playback position: scratch, loops, tiny loops and of course cue points !

Once again, check you are in absolute mode.
Check you've got 100% timecode quality when calibrating.
Check your audio buffer size is 256 samples (or less).
Check the CDJ behavior with an audio CD.
SylMV

sylMV

Postby makugee on 13 May 2011, 16:36

sylMV wrote:You might have a problem with your CDJ or your computer, using the timecode CD in Cross allows you have a very precise control over the playback position: scratch, loops, tiny loops and of course cue points !

Once again, check you are in absolute mode.
Check you've got 100% timecode quality when calibrating.
Check your audio buffer size is 256 samples (or less).
Check the CDJ behavior with an audio CD.

Once again, check you are in absolute mode. -Always am.
Check you've got 100% timecode quality when calibrating.- yep
Check your audio buffer size is 256 samples (or less).- I've got it set to 48 samples & 48000hz
Check the CDJ behavior with an audio CD- works fine like usual, just had a mix with a few tracks on audio cd's.... It's like night and day. 100x easier and more responsive. also like I mentioned in my first post when i adjust the pitch with the jog wheel it seems to be laggy,

It's why it doesn't make sense because everything else works fine, just not the cue points.
makugee

Postby Blackbrook on 13 May 2011, 17:28

yanni1 wrote:It's why it doesn't make sense because everything else works fine, just not the cue points.

Indeed, I totally agree with you! Do you have the chance to do two more tests? Can you please test different cd players AND can you test it on a different system (friend's computer)? This is important to determine the issue.

Thank you in advance!

Cheers,

Steve
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Winner Mixvibes 10 years DJ contest 2009

Blackbrook

Postby Jim B on 13 May 2011, 17:39

yanni1 wrote: I've got it set to 48 samples & 48000hz

Have you tried it on 41000hz. I sure I use this sample rate when I set up and use the clubs CDJ 800's.
Jim B

Postby makugee on 13 May 2011, 18:34

Jim B wrote:
yanni1 wrote: I've got it set to 48 samples & 48000hz

Have you tried it on 41000hz. I sure I use this sample rate when I set up and use the clubs CDJ 800's.

Funny thing is when i set the U46MK2's to 41000hz and change it to that in mixvibes menu as well it won't work (as in i get really low quality) then if i switch it to 48000 it works. even though i have it set to 41000 on the soundcard.

Although when i set it to 48000 on the soundcard and then set it to 48000 in the software it works as it should.

Blackbrook wrote:
yanni1 wrote:It's why it doesn't make sense because everything else works fine, just not the cue points.

Indeed, I totally agree with you! Do you have the chance to do two more tests? Can you please test different cd players AND can you test it on a different system (friend's computer)? This is important to determine the issue.

Thank you in advance!

Cheers,

Steve

Im going install everything and try it on my desktop PC and see if it works with my 900's. I've also got a gig on the 20th may at a club so i will use the cdj1000's there to test it out with my laptop.
makugee

Postby makugee on 08 Jun 2011, 18:45

Bumping this again because I want to solve this, really dissapointing.

Don't get me wrong, I love the program but I expected SIMPLE things like this to work.

Cant cue properly and adjusting the speed by nudging the jog wheel is sluggish. (read older posts for more detail on my issues)
makugee

Postby sylMV on 08 Jun 2011, 18:58

Personnaly I can't add anything, and got no idea of what's goin' on in your setup....

Cross hasn't had any problem with CD cueing so far...

Can't remember if you checked this, but ensure your soundcard inputs aren't saturating with the CDJ signal ... This would cause timecode decoding errors ...
SylMV

sylMV

Postby makugee on 09 Jun 2011, 06:28

sylMV wrote:Personnaly I can't add anything, and got no idea of what's goin' on in your setup....

Cross hasn't had any problem with CD cueing so far...

Can't remember if you checked this, but ensure your soundcard inputs aren't saturating with the CDJ signal ... This would cause timecode decoding errors ...

Is that because the output from the CDJ's is too loud or something? what's the best way to go about this?

I thought everything was fine with the signal, I've played out with it a few times now, perfect sound quality with a club system. I've sort of just "put up with the problems untill now, but I shouldn't have to. Like I said previously I'm using it with minimum MS so every else is responsive.
makugee

PreviousNext

Return to Technical support