Cue'ing with cdj's in mixvibes Cross.

Forum closed (read only)
Forum rules
PLEASE.READ.FORUM.RULES.SUPPORT.UPDATE

FORUM CLOSED PLEASE POST in NEW TECHNICAL FORUMS BY SOFTWARE FAMILY

* Register your software (User Control Panel > Profile > Serial Number)
* Go to the download center and install the latest versions of software and drivers
* Use the search tool to look into topics
* Check the FAQs to be sure your problem hasn't been solved already
* Write in concise and precise ENGLISH Thank you.

Re: Cue'ing with cdj's in mixvibes Cross.

Postby Blackbrook on 09 Jun 2011, 15:11

Hi,

I have just read all pages of this thread and in fact you are right. NO one of us ever mentioned the volume. This might (!) help you out of it!

Nearly all CD players have a huge output i comparison to turntables. This is why you have to go to your U46 control panel and move the channel sliders down to 10dB or something. You should have an eye on your timecode in the Cross preferences to see if the timecode is recognized better.

I am not sure if this is your problem but it is definitely worth a try!!!!

Last thing: How about the CDJ 1000 you have tested may, 20th at your gig? Same behaviour?

Cheers,

Steve
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Winner Mixvibes 10 years DJ contest 2009

Blackbrook

Postby makugee on 20 Jun 2011, 19:46

Sorry that did'nt work :( and yeah same deal with cdj 1000's.

I think it must be my laptop. IT's 2.1ghz core 2 duo with 2 gb ram. I mean I can set my latency to the absolute minimum and it works, so I thought it couldn't be my laptop..... but it must be.

Maybe i should get a new laptop, would you think a intel i5 2.66ghz and 3gb ram would be sufficient for it to work?
Or do i need a mac?

If anyone else is using timecode cd's with Cross let me know your laptop specs.
makugee

Postby christiankoopmann on 20 Jun 2011, 19:56

yanni1 wrote:Maybe i should get a new laptop, would you think a intel i5 2.66ghz and 3gb ram would be sufficient for it to work?

an i5 is strong. I work also with an i5 2,4GHz prozessor and 4GB Memory. If you are running Windows 7 with 64 Bit I prefere you to buy one with minimum of 4GB Ram. This should be enough.

regards
Christian
February 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the Month
DVS 7, Cross (DJ), U-Mix Remote App (iPad & iPhone App)

MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
christiankoopmann

Postby boc on 20 Jun 2011, 20:50

yanni1 wrote:Sorry that did'nt work :( and yeah same deal with cdj 1000's.

I think it must be my laptop. IT's 2.1ghz core 2 duo with 2 gb ram. I mean I can set my latency to the absolute minimum and it works, so I thought it couldn't be my laptop..... but it must be.

Maybe i should get a new laptop, would you think a intel i5 2.66ghz and 3gb ram would be sufficient for it to work?
Or do i need a mac?

If anyone else is using timecode cd's with Cross let me know your laptop specs.

um did u ever mentioned what was the result of testing with another computer?

or heres a crazy idea: try a different timecode cd too (or does it do with both u have? there isnt a high chance of getting 2 damaged ones in the same pack so if they behave the same way then ignore this idea)
boc

Postby makugee on 21 Jun 2011, 05:58

christiankoopmann wrote:
yanni1 wrote:Maybe i should get a new laptop, would you think a intel i5 2.66ghz and 3gb ram would be sufficient for it to work?

an i5 is strong. I work also with an i5 2,4GHz prozessor and 4GB Memory. If you are running Windows 7 with 64 Bit I prefere you to buy one with minimum of 4GB Ram. This should be enough.

regards
Christian

Last edited by makugee on 21 Jun 2011, 07:53, edited 1 time in total.
makugee

Postby makugee on 21 Jun 2011, 07:53

edit:

actually just tried with my desktop PC and I get the same issues.

It's an amd athlon 64 x2 dual core 6000+ with 2gb on windows xp.

maybe it's a hardware problem with either the soundcard or CD's.

When I bought it I also only got a piece of timecode vinyl in the box......

edit 2: I'm going back to the store where I purchased it..... AGAIN.
This time I gave them a call and apparantly this time we will work it out with the guy who specializes in mixvibes tech.
makugee

Postby makugee on 23 Jun 2011, 17:47

ok, So I took it back to the shop where I bought it from and apparently this is intended? We even compared to their demo system which is setup on an imac and it's the same deal.

Pretty dissapointed, I expected to be able to do the basics for whenever I hit cue for it to go back to the original point.
makugee

Postby sylMV on 23 Jun 2011, 18:28

yanni1 wrote:ok, So I took it back to the shop where I bought it from and apparently this is intended? We even compared to their demo system which is setup on an imac and it's the same deal.

Pretty dissapointed, I expected to be able to do the basics for whenever I hit cue for it to go back to the original point.

Either we didn't understood your issue, or you didn't understand how the system works...

But cueing with a CD player is absolutely possible with Cross.
The only thing that differs from a MIDI solution or a standalone CD player mode, is that the position doesn't come back to the cue point when you release the button, but when you push it again (as any DVS system). Otherwise, no problem as soon as you are in absolute mode ...
I'm sorry, but from what i understand in your post, I can't believe this doesn't work in Cross.

Please give a bit more details about your issue.
SylMV

sylMV

Postby pundy on 24 Jun 2011, 02:40

Are you working in CDJ mode (which does a little loop when searching for cue point) or Vinyl model in which you push and pull the jog wheel around like vinyl?

I use my CDJs in Vinyl mode and the cueing works perfectly. (find cue point, (Cross knows exactly where I am) and hit cue).

If I use it in CDJ mode however, the looping + latency usually ends up with the cue point being set just after where I wanted it to be. I just put this down to latency + Cross trying to hit a moving target so to speak as to where the timecode is at. You can manually compensate for this by setting the cue point earlier than you expect, but you have to consciously think of this when you do it.

I suspect that there is scope for a mode in Cross where it could detect such a tiny loop, and automatically compensate, or allow some configuration option to modify this compensation. Not sure of the implications of such a feature though.

My solution - mix in vinyl mode (if your CDJs allow it!)
pundy

Postby makugee on 24 Jun 2011, 05:57

yeah i always use vinyl mode,

honestly set a cue point with your CDJ.

Then keep hitting cue after you have set it, look on the waveform and you can see it doesn't go exactly back to the original point where you set it.
makugee

PreviousNext

Return to Technical support