Mac OS 10.6.7 & U46MKII issue

Forum closed (read only)
Forum rules
PLEASE.READ.FORUM.RULES.SUPPORT.UPDATE

FORUM CLOSED PLEASE POST in NEW TECHNICAL FORUMS BY SOFTWARE FAMILY

* Register your software (User Control Panel > Profile > Serial Number)
* Go to the download center and install the latest versions of software and drivers
* Use the search tool to look into topics
* Check the FAQs to be sure your problem hasn't been solved already
* Write in concise and precise ENGLISH Thank you.

Mac OS 10.6.7 & U46MKII issue

Postby Blackbrook on 29 Mar 2011, 17:00

Hello,

my best friend tried Cross 1.5.2 with one of my U46MKII. Now he has the problem that Cross detects the audio interface as 'U46DJ', which is normal behaviour as j-kut said, and he can configure it the way it should be configured BUT there is often - not always - just timecode getting through the left channel while the right deck can not detect the timecode. I have downloaded both panels (Mixvibes and ESI) and in those panels you can only adjust the first channel while the faders of the other channel are not viewable. In windows I would know what to do: reinstallation of the driver. In Mac I am a complete beginner.

j-kut mentioned that he has the same behaviour since Cross 1.5.2, the interface works sometimes but not always. Is there anything in your own knowledge base support@mixvibes? I am completely out of ideas because it is a Mac :) I did not even find something like "program manager" in windows where all drivers are listed too so that I could reinstall it.

Thanks in advance! Cheers,

Steve
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Winner Mixvibes 10 years DJ contest 2009

Blackbrook

Re: Mac OS 10.6.7 & U46MKII issue

Postby Support@MixVibes on 29 Mar 2011, 17:29

I bet he have a Mac with a Core i-something...

It's not the 1.5.2 doing this, it is something the 1.5.2 seems to put in lights. I don't have a solution for this now but here what I have for now :
- don't depend of OSX version : downgraded to 10.6.3
- is not hardware related : if you put bootcamp it will work.
- is not Cross related : nothing for me will it be 1.5.0/1/2
- reseting SMC / NVRAM / PRAM : worksome sometimes
- broken the devices manager : works flawlessly !!! fan always to full speed, battery management dead and other things like that.
- U-Mix44 work

What I think : the usb management of OSX with new Core iX is not compatible with the U46.
But I can't tell why for now, may be it have something to do with the usb emulation of these new Core.
Support@MixVibes

Postby Blackbrook on 29 Mar 2011, 18:10

Thanks a lot for your help Support@Mixvibes!!! I have already pointed into the direction that the problem exists between 10.6.7 and the audio interface. So I offered to test my Hercules DJ Trim 4&6 to see if that one works - I guess so ;) Now I have something to tell him - thank you very much!!!

Cheers,

Steve
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Blackbrook

Postby Hannes on 29 Mar 2011, 20:17

Having a similar Problem,
but it´s not related OSX10.6.7, the Problem was there on 10.6.6 as well.

My main Problem with the U46mk2 and Cross 1.5.2 run on a macbook (MB 5.2, C2D 2,13 Ghz, 4Gb Ram) is as follows.

1. i boot the macbook, turn on the u46 and open Cross, and with a 50% chance all ins/outs on the u46 are muted (Cross gets no Signal at all, and i dont get any output-sound using the Cross´s internal player)

But it is recognized by Cross as the audiodevice.

The only way to make it work again (except a complete reboot) is to select "no audio-device" turn off/on the u46 and select it again.

As said in my other post, i think the device- is interfering with the panel, as after turning the u46 back on, the panel shows up for a short time to configure it.

hope this helps.

Btw. u-mix44, hercules dj-trim and NI interfaces work flawlessly.
June 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month

https://soundcloud.com/han-nes-10/fridaybeatdown2ndedition
no support by pm

beta troll

Macbook Pro 13, late 2011, 6GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500
Thudrumble TR-1S, Vestax VFX-1, ESI Maya USB+, Rane SL2
Hannes

Postby Hannes on 29 Mar 2011, 21:43

One more thing that might be important in solving this issue:

when disconnecting any other interface, the warning window "check audio-settings" pops up but not with the u46.
Further, when disconnected the u46 still shows up in the devices drop-down menu until you select "no device" and then open the dropdown-menu again.

By the inherent power given to me by all Cross/Mac-users I herby demand dedicated core-audio drivers for the u46mk2 :lol:

no support by pm

beta troll

Hannes

Postby Support@MixVibes on 30 Mar 2011, 14:59

j-kut wrote:Having a similar Problem,
but it´s not related OSX10.6.7, the Problem was there on 10.6.6 as well.

My main Problem with the U46mk2 and Cross 1.5.2 run on a macbook (MB 5.2, C2D 2,13 Ghz, 4Gb Ram) is as follows.

1. i boot the macbook, turn on the u46 and open Cross, and with a 50% chance all ins/outs on the u46 are muted (Cross gets no Signal at all, and i dont get any output-sound using the Cross´s internal player)

But it is recognized by Cross as the audiodevice.

The only way to make it work again (except a complete reboot) is to select "no audio-device" turn off/on the u46 and select it again.

As said in my other post, i think the device- is interfering with the panel, as after turning the u46 back on, the panel shows up for a short time to configure it.

hope this helps.

Btw. u-mix44, hercules dj-trim and NI interfaces work flawlessly.

This a completely different issue, because on C2D you have a chance to have it working. On new iX, it is close to no chance...
I downgraded to 10.6.3 (oem install dvd not retail version) and still the same issue.

j-kut wrote:One more thing that might be important in solving this issue:

when disconnecting any other interface, the warning window "check audio-settings" pops up but not with the u46.
Further, when disconnected the u46 still shows up in the devices drop-down menu until you select "no device" and then open the dropdown-menu again.

Very interesting point because I didn't noticed this and you're in fact right !

By the inherent power given to me by all Cross/Mac-users I herby demand dedicated core-audio drivers for the u46mk2

As a user myself, I am with you into the group.
So who will help us ? :lol:
Support@MixVibes

Postby Hannes on 30 Mar 2011, 15:12

Without ESI providing dedicated drivers for core-audio i dont know who could help us as well....all i can do is a simple calculator in c++, but i dont think it´ll help here :lol:

no support by pm

beta troll

Hannes

Postby Blackbrook on 30 Mar 2011, 16:55

j-kut wrote:all i can do is a simple calculator in c++, but i dont think it´ll help here :lol:

If you have a deep look into code it is always comparable to a calculator :D HAHAHAHAHA

@ support@mixvibes: Is the mixvibes team/company in steady contacts to ESI? I mean you have their U46DJ in corporate design and specifically manufactured for mixvibes so is there still a relationship between both companys? I am asking because this could be a way to get this problem solved if you, as a vendor of ESI hardware, ask for Core iX drivers. This might accelerate the process ;)
We all can hope that ESI is already working on it!

Cheers,

Steve
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Blackbrook

Postby Support@MixVibes on 30 Mar 2011, 17:55

We're deeply trying with them, waiting for solutions.
Support@MixVibes

Postby Blackbrook on 30 Mar 2011, 18:12

Support@MixVibes wrote:We're deeply trying with them, waiting for solutions.

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!! Thanks a lot for your efforts!!!!

Cheers,

Steve
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Blackbrook

Next

Return to Technical support