Discover DJ on Mac not controlling the software

Forum closed (read only)
Forum rules
PLEASE.READ.FORUM.RULES.SUPPORT.UPDATE

FORUM CLOSED PLEASE POST in NEW TECHNICAL FORUMS BY SOFTWARE FAMILY

* Register your software (User Control Panel > Profile > Serial Number)
* Go to the download center and install the latest versions of software and drivers
* Use the search tool to look into topics
* Check the FAQs to be sure your problem hasn't been solved already
* Write in concise and precise ENGLISH Thank you.

Re: Discover DJ on Mac not controlling the software

Postby Blackbrook on 09 Dec 2011, 10:17

History has shown that it is a problem of ION and their hardware management, not a software issue. So don't blame Mixvibes but solve the problem from the root (@ION!).

Cheers,

Steve
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Winner Mixvibes 10 years DJ contest 2009

Blackbrook

Postby normstorm on 09 Dec 2011, 10:41

I enjoy your arrogant brittish brush off of this problem. You have proven to the entire world you don't care. Assume the problem is ions, then tell me why it works on the PC? Oh, wait, let me guess, maybe its not your fault, its Apples issue. This isn't an arguement about who is to blame but since your full version works as another person posted why not the 1.3.2 version. Your engineers, oh wait, I mean code monkeys screwed something up and doesn't want to fix it. I know how the process works. I see this must be the beginning of the end for your company and you're screwing as many people as you can before your little one bedroom company disappears. You, yes, I mean you personnaly, are a really crappy employee. I will just use a different companies software. Good job, you just made your company ZERO MONEY! I hope you can read my english CHAP.

Cheers.
normstorm

Postby Support@MixVibes on 09 Dec 2011, 12:15

normstorm wrote:I too find that it is odd that Mixvibes would allow ION to sell a product that has Mixvibes software in it that is outdated and inoperable as packaged.

The contract was for a number of licence keys, they didn't want to offer their users updates (highest price).

I too just got the Ion Discover DJ controller Dec 2011. The ION box clearly shows that this is PC & Mac compatible. While System Information on my Mac does see that the controller is connected and Yes, I was able to get the Mixvibes software installed on my Mac it is useless because of something isn't seeing the controller.

Using a demo version could spot if the issue is from the software or the hardware. Ion have validated the software with their hardware, it works for ten of thousands people but not for some of them.

I don't necessarily blame Mixvibes but I do think that they should release a patch to allow this controller I have and the software to work as it was intended.

It is, but not for you for any dark reason.

A good company is built on solid customer service and not on juvenile bickering back and fourth. Now the best way for Mixvibes to get us ION Discover DJ owners to buy more of their software is to throw us a bone when we clearly have purchased a legitimate version of their software.

We already did something, giving a very low price on a upgrade to CrossDJ that will work with more controllers, that will have more often updates, new features and so on...

Can anyone see that by being rude and saying there is no other way but to buy our full version is simply WHY people DOWNLOAD PIRATED SOFTWARE.

Wrong, lots of people have bought the Crossgrade and are happy with it.

I would hope that anyone that has an ION Discover DJ would be given a fully working copy of the software or as many people have probably done take the mixvibes software, use it as a drink coaster and buy someone elses software.

Or may be try the demo to see what you're missing (or not)...

We are not looking to get something free that we didn't in some way pay for working software. I would hope that someone in upper management sees my post and decides to be a grown up company and help out its supporters.

May be you should ask Ion, about a Ion product that includes everything inside the box (licence key and even software version because this is a one off).

Oh, I even forgot to ask : does your Mac see the controller into the hardware management ?
Support@MixVibes

Postby Blackbrook on 09 Dec 2011, 13:37

normstorm wrote:I enjoy your arrogant brittish brush off of this problem. You have proven to the entire world you don't care. Assume the problem is ions, then tell me why it works on the PC? Oh, wait, let me guess, maybe its not your fault, its Apples issue. This isn't an arguement about who is to blame but since your full version works as another person posted why not the 1.3.2 version. Your engineers, oh wait, I mean code monkeys screwed something up and doesn't want to fix it. I know how the process works. I see this must be the beginning of the end for your company and you're screwing as many people as you can before your little one bedroom company disappears. You, yes, I mean you personnaly, are a really crappy employee. I will just use a different companies software. Good job, you just made your company ZERO MONEY! I hope you can read my english CHAP.

Cheers.

Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Winner Mixvibes 10 years DJ contest 2009

Blackbrook

Postby Hannes on 09 Dec 2011, 13:57

@Normstorm:

you say you know hoe this works. well, obviously you dont.
So let me tell you, with some austrian arrogance how it works.

Ion: builds DicoverDJ, pays Mixvibes for bundled, non-updatable bundled software so you can actually use it and not just have a piece of plastic that sends midi-data.

Mixvibes: gets paid once by Ion for a one-shot OEM software-bundle.
When it came out, it was state-of-the-art.

Now, years later Ion still sells the DiscoverDJ, but doesnt care about the updates that have been developed on mixvibes side, and leaves you, Ion´s customer, with an outdated software.

Mixvibes knows your problem, and is willing to give you a rifdicoulusly cheap upgrad to the full Version with an future updates included for free.

with all due respect but the only one to blame are you, for buying a product not knowing what it exactly includes.

peace out
June 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month

https://soundcloud.com/han-nes-10/fridaybeatdown2ndedition
no support by pm

beta troll

Macbook Pro 13, late 2011, 6GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500
Thudrumble TR-1S, Vestax VFX-1, ESI Maya USB+, Rane SL2
Hannes

Previous

Return to Technical support