I can't seem to record with my Cross Pack LE version, Help

Forum closed (read only)
Forum rules
PLEASE.READ.FORUM.RULES.SUPPORT.UPDATE

FORUM CLOSED PLEASE POST in NEW TECHNICAL FORUMS BY SOFTWARE FAMILY

* Register your software (User Control Panel > Profile > Serial Number)
* Go to the download center and install the latest versions of software and drivers
* Use the search tool to look into topics
* Check the FAQs to be sure your problem hasn't been solved already
* Write in concise and precise ENGLISH Thank you.

I can't seem to record with my Cross Pack LE version, Help

Postby hip2dagame on 14 Nov 2010, 14:19

Hi

I bought my Cross Pack a few months ago and i love it.

I just can't seem to figure out how to record. There's a rec button but when i press it it doesn't show a timer or something, however it does save a file with no sound. Strange ?

Is the LE version the problem ?

Does updating to 1.4 solve it ?

Thanks

Regards

Hayco
hip2dagame

Re: I can't seem to record with my Cross Pack LE version, Help

Postby phadedvision on 15 Nov 2010, 00:52

hip2dagame wrote:Hi

I bought my Cross Pack a few months ago and i love it.

I just can't seem to figure out how to record. There's a rec button but when i press it it doesn't show a timer or something, however it does save a file with no sound. Strange ?

Is the LE version the problem ?

Does updating to 1.4 solve it ?

Thanks

Regards

Hayco

Hi Hayco,

If you bought the Cross Pack you have the full version. Are you trying to record externally with vinyls?
phadedvision

Postby hip2dagame on 17 Nov 2010, 23:30

phadedvision wrote:
Hi Hayco,

If you bought the Cross Pack you have the full version. Are you trying to record externally with vinyls?

Hi Phade

Okay, i thought that you get the LE version when you buy a Cross Pack set.

I use it with my technics (vinyl), externally ?

i've got my tables wired to the interface and the interface to my mixer. And from my mixer goes a cable to my receiver --> speakers :-). + offcourse i got my laptop wired to the interface. In the MV program i press rec above the volume and it saves a file with no sound . I'm not i really handy with programs and compu so forgive me.

I hope this clears it up a bit.

Thanks for tacking the time to help

grtz

Hayco
hip2dagame

Postby phadedvision on 18 Nov 2010, 03:58

hip2dagame wrote:i've got my tables wired to the interface and the interface to my mixer. And from my mixer goes a cable to my receiver --> speakers :-). + offcourse i got my laptop wired to the interface. In the MV program i press rec above the volume and it saves a file with no sound . I'm not i really handy with programs and compu so forgive me.

Aha, there's your problem! Cross only records what's playing on the master track in internal mode (MIDI). There are a couple ways you can record your mix. You can select A and B, then when you record it'll record the decks individually, then you can use an audio editing software to layer them. You can also run an RCA to Mini jack from your mixer's "Record Out" outputs, and run the jack into your laptop's line-in (or mic-in) input, then use Audacity or something similar to record it all.

Hope this helps you out a bit!
Phaded
phadedvision

Postby hip2dagame on 18 Nov 2010, 20:13

phadedvision wrote:
hip2dagame wrote:i've got my tables wired to the interface and the interface to my mixer. And from my mixer goes a cable to my receiver --> speakers :-). + offcourse i got my laptop wired to the interface. In the MV program i press rec above the volume and it saves a file with no sound . I'm not i really handy with programs and compu so forgive me.

Aha, there's your problem! Cross only records what's playing on the master track in internal mode (MIDI). There are a couple ways you can record your mix. You can select A and B, then when you record it'll record the decks individually, then you can use an audio editing software to layer them. You can also run an RCA to Mini jack from your mixer's "Record Out" outputs, and run the jack into your laptop's line-in (or mic-in) input, then use Audacity or something similar to record it all.

Hope this helps you out a bit!
Phaded

Hi Phade

What is the record button good for then :( ?

Does updating to 1.4 doesn't solve this problem ?

Will check if my mixer has an special record out output.

Grtz

Hayco
hip2dagame

Postby UncleVibes on 19 Nov 2010, 07:48

Will check if my mixer has an special record out output
the best thing to do before going further...
UncleVibes

Postby hip2dagame on 19 Nov 2010, 19:09

UncleVibes wrote:
Will check if my mixer has an special record out output
the best thing to do before going further...

Nope there´s no special record output, only the standard one which is linked with the receiver.

Are there other options ?

Thanks for the patience
hip2dagame

Postby Jim B on 19 Nov 2010, 19:16

hip2dagame wrote:Nope there´s no special record output, only the standard one which is linked with the receiver.

Is there a "Booth" Output on your mixer. You could use that. I have in the past, with a old set up and it worked.
Jim B

Postby hip2dagame on 20 Nov 2010, 15:57

Jim B wrote:
hip2dagame wrote:Nope there´s no special record output, only the standard one which is linked with the receiver.

Is there a "Booth" Output on your mixer. You could use that. I have in the past, with a old set up and it worked.

Hi Jim,

Well i just saw that there's a special monitor output. I guess you mean this as booth output. Tried it out on the same laptop as i'm using for the MV program and recorded with audacity. It does work but the record that i mix in goes a bit louder automaticly, a friend of mine told it's better to record on a different thing(special recorder or another Compu) then the laptop that u use for MV.

Seems understandable, but do you think the same ?

Or is the audacity program the problem ? Are there better options or is it one of the best ?

Thanks m8
hip2dagame

Postby Jim B on 20 Nov 2010, 18:45

hip2dagame wrote:a friend of mine told it's better to record on a different thing(special recorder or another Compu

Yes, I used audacity on my old spare (gig) laptop to record my mix.
Jim B

Next

Return to Technical support