Cant get ION Discover DJ controller to work

Forum closed (read only)
Forum rules
PLEASE.READ.FORUM.RULES.SUPPORT.UPDATE

FORUM CLOSED PLEASE POST in NEW TECHNICAL FORUMS BY SOFTWARE FAMILY

* Register your software (User Control Panel > Profile > Serial Number)
* Go to the download center and install the latest versions of software and drivers
* Use the search tool to look into topics
* Check the FAQs to be sure your problem hasn't been solved already
* Write in concise and precise ENGLISH Thank you.

Re: Cant get ION Discover DJ controller to work

Postby FLB on 16 Jan 2010, 23:31

I have the same issue using windows xp pro sp3 tried all the troubleshooting guides re installed drivers and removed all usb devices from my PC and yet nothing. Tried downloading the new drivers and it wont detect the device although when i plugged it in the first time it said it detected a ion usb turntable and ofcoarse nothing works on the unit in mixvibes. Already returned my first turntable because i read that it could be a faulty unit. doubt i got 2 faulty units in a row.... Help?
FLB

Postby Marxon on 16 Jan 2010, 23:48

Hi FLB!

Have you tried to install the driver manually? (WinXP)
MEMBER OF:

:cool: People MV Society :cool:

FLAC Tag minority

---------------------------------------
Cross 3.0 / Producer 7.5 / Cross Remote App
Korg Zero 8, Kaoss Pad 3
Alesis AirFX
Roland SP303
Novation Remote SL 49 MK2
iPad 4
---------------
Midibox SEQUENCER V4
http://midibox.org/forums/gallery/album/164-marxon%C2%B4s-seq-v4/
Midibox SID V2 Synth
Marxon

Postby UncleVibes on 17 Jan 2010, 09:12

doubt i got 2 faulty units in a row.... Help?
It's related to your computer not to the soft. There is also a post about the same situation with Imix drivers.
The answer isn't easy yet, The generic usb audio/MIDI driver is made by Microsoft & there is on their site some infos about troubleshooting of this important component. http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3 ... 96&x=9&y=8
Microsoft wrote:You attach a USB-based device to a computer that is running Windows XP. Then, you try to scan for hardware devices. However, the computer does not detect the attached device, and you do not see the device in the My Computer folder.

You may experience this problem when you are using one or more of the following devices:

* USB flash drive
* Apple iPod
* External hard disk drive

Additionally, you may not see the iPod in the iTunes application.

This problem can occur if there are corrupted or incorrect keys in the registry. This article helps you fix the problem.

To follow up... or rebuilt a new partition with a new OS on your computer, it will work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
UncleVibes

Postby lasutton on 04 Feb 2010, 16:02

I don't think you had a diffective unit. My Discovery DJ unit refused to work on my XP SP2 but works perfectly on Vista 64.

Anyone have any hints for making sure the device works on Windows XP 32bit?
lasutton

Postby Support@MixVibes on 04 Feb 2010, 16:09

Looks like this for me :

Windows XP :
if your PC can't see the imix then MV won't too (see at top of the thread).
This can happen on some systems for a lots of reasons :
- max number of 'audio usb input device' reached. At this stage, any new 'audio usb device' won't be detected and so won't be useable.
There is a tiny application you can found on the internet : MidiFixUtil. It will reset the max numbers of audio usb device.

- usb management is broken : in this case, it's not usb audio specific and Microsoft have the answer : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925196
To fix this problem, delete the UpperFilters registry value and the LowerFilters registry value. These values may cause access problems.

Windows all versions
:
If your USB interface appears as USB Audio Device (on Windows XP) and/or does not require specific drivers from the manufacturer on installation, these are indications that your interface relies on the Windows class-compliant USB MIDI driver and is therefore susceptible to this problem. To our knowledge, only the Windows class-compliant MIDI driver is vulnerable to this issue so it is an issue that can occur on XP & Vista machines depending on the other USB devices you have installed.

Some of these 3rd party drivers are filtering the usb inputs. What you get is a device that is seen, installed in the system but can't be use and don't send data (it can also receive datas).
The only solution is too found which device is causing this, remove it and it's drivers (with the uninstaller of with windows), reboot.
Now your entries won't be filtered anymore.

viewtopic.php?f=268&t=16106&hilit=+imix
Support@MixVibes

Postby arreolaflo on 21 Dec 2010, 11:12

TRY EXITING THE SOFTWARE, UNPLUGING THE TURNTABLES, THEN PLUG IN THE TURNTABLES AND OPEN SOFTWARE AGAIN. WORKED FOR ME. TRY ALL YOUR USB PORTS
arreolaflo

Postby Support@MixVibes on 21 Dec 2010, 12:30

You're right, and always use the same working port if possible.
Support@MixVibes

Postby T-Rav on 27 Dec 2011, 23:34

While I understand that you are the software company, and ION is the hardware company...I also feel if you are working close enough with them to have a special software bundle, then you SHOULD have some knowledgability on the subject. I don't know exactly how much you care about your company, but right now I'm seeing BOTH Mix Vibes, and ION as lacking in tact, and support.

I work in a performance art troupe...I don't personally make any of the props we use, but some of the other members do, and offer them for sale. If someone were to ask me questions about the products members of my team makes, I have the answers...because it's professional to have an understanding of the company you keep in bussiness. I can't really answer questions about products that I don't have affiliations with....but since they often vend at shows we perform at, I am affiliated, and keep myself up to date in knowledge on thier products.

The fact that I've been browsing all evening trying to find some kind of solution to this issue, and had to sign up to yet another forum just to get no help is a little rediculous. Furthermore, if this is such a common occurance, I would be seriously considering the quality of product in which my software is being bundled with. If you software is bundled with a sub-par product, what does that make your poduct look like?

I've been using YOUR product for a while now, and it has ALOT to be desired...if it could properly recognise the controller, it would be tolorable in it's drawbacks, but if I'm using my mouse and keyboard, I'll stick with Traktor, thank you.
T-Rav

Postby T-Rav on 27 Dec 2011, 23:39

also...in device manager it shows as a usb composite device, and working fine. there is NO reason that it isn't working other than your software isn't recognizing it properly.
T-Rav

Postby Blackbrook on 27 Dec 2011, 23:41

Did you follow any of the suggestions and tips listed above and anywhere in this forum? Also check the forum rules:

Forum rules
PLEASE.READ.FORUM.RULES.SUPPORT.UPDATE

* Register your software (User Control Panel > Profile > Serial Number)
* Go to the download center and install the latest versions of software and drivers
* Use the search tool to look into topics
* Check the FAQs to be sure your problem hasn't been solved already

Your problem was discussed very frequently and there are obviously solutions for your issue.

Cheers,

Steve
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Winner Mixvibes 10 years DJ contest 2009

Blackbrook

PreviousNext

Return to Technical support