Start Listening to Suggestions on the Forums

Suggest features and improvements

Re: Start Listening to Suggestions on the Forums

Postby daniel clark on 10 Nov 2017, 22:49

:eek: understand you feeling/issues ,,,no i cant personnely do any thing..too get mixvibes ,, bought mixvibes back in 2004 ,,home 6 ,,what a piece of software ,,easiest to say no prefade listing built in to software not sure what the thought process was on that one ,, got involved in the fourm when saw that a update was coming out ,,hooray ..free for me is good ,, the update was a little bit more than a change of skins ,,but the didnt correct not having prefade listing ,, went the whole gammit ,, stay on the fourm just too help out the community and especialky new users ,, jump on Cross when it first came out and have been trying to be a voice of change and reasonable thinking ,, that was then ,,this is now ,, but what hasent changed is the communication gap ,, there not talking ,, and whats worse there not even hearing ..so when the tree falls ,,doese it make any noise :eek:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby HawnSolo on 27 Nov 2017, 06:51

Hanginon wrote:Now, open Preferences, set "Mark track as played after:" to 30 seconds. Again, play any song. Watch the scroll line in the library. After 30 seconds, where did it go? As Cross writes the song as "played" to the history file, it "un-highlites" the song in the browser, making it almost impossible for a working DJ, on a gig using a laptop, to see it!
Are you kidding me! How can they miss the mark on something as important and basic as this?

This isn't a direct fix for the issue, but I rely on the "(Status)" category in the browser for keeping track of what tracks are currently loaded/playing since it shows you which deck the track is currently loaded on.

Also, in response to the topic, I have been working as Mixvibes support on the weekends since mid-July but am just as much in the dark on this as any other moderator/user. I have reached out to the team and have been trying to keep them up-to-date on this issue but do not have any answers to give. If I learn anything new, you all will be the first to know.
HawnSolo

Postby Hanginon on 02 Dec 2017, 23:18

HawnSolo wrote:This isn't a direct fix for the issue, but I rely on the "(Status)" category in the browser for keeping track of what tracks are currently loaded/playing since it shows you which deck the track is currently loaded on.

I had forgotten about the "Status" column. Your right - not a complete fix, but an excellent suggestion. Thank you!
Hanginon

Postby jonas76 on 09 Dec 2017, 16:49

So here we are, complaining about the lack of reaction from the mixvibes team on our suggestions.
And it's a problem. A big problem that we think our suggestions are not read of taken into consideration. Really, we know Word censored (guess you find it I love walking on it).

As a reaction, I decided to unlock a trial of Recordbox DJ. I'm not sure how much our mixvibes team is involved in recordbox, but here is what I experienced so far.

Beat detection and syncing very good. But that's also very good in Cross.
Clear highlight of current playing track.
I rely very much on the camelot notation of keys, since I'm not a musician. Unfortunately, this is not possible in Recordbox. Only standard key notations are possible, like Gmaj, ... camelot is not there. That's already a showstopper for me. Cross has this feature AND suggests matching keys.

I'm very disappointed that Cross doesn't have a metronome function. That is a click sound that marks the beat grid, so you can hear of the beat grid matches the actual beats. I tried Recordbox 5.0.3 but the metronome function is broken. I cannot hear any click.
But the function is implemented and would still like to see this one day in Cross.
Unfortunately, nobody answers my post to let me know whether this is taken into consideration or if this is something that will never be in Cross.

Altogether, it's tempting to go to another program that looks sexier than Cross, but eventually Cross is the one program that gives me my most important features and function. Except for the metronome. And skins. :-)

The dilemma!!! :D
From the country that invented New Beat ;)
jonas76

Postby Antoine_G on 14 Sep 2018, 10:51

Hi Mixvibes, a discussion (in french) has started here:

https://fr.audiofanzine.com/logiciel-dj ... -t-il.html

All my suggestions are here:
https://fr.audiofanzine.com/logiciel-dj ... 38941.html
Antoine_G

Previous

Return to Suggestions