SoundCloud improvements

Suggest features and improvements

SoundCloud improvements

Postby Simoher on 03 Sep 2016, 21:44

First, thank you for a great DJ tool!

I really like using the SoundCloud feature for playing music when i'm just relaxing at home. I'm using the "Stream" tab allot, but I sometimes miss that reposted tracks are not showing up in the stream, like on soundcloud. Don't know if their API support that?

I would really like being able to search for, and brows a list of users/artists that I follow, and then be able to see their tracks listed, just like on SoundSloud.
Pagination, so we are not limited to 50 results, the list will get repopulated when scrolled to buttom.

Also starting Autoplay in the Stream, or for an user would be a nice feature!

You could maybe load BPM from SoundCloud so i can see it, without any analysing?

My "Explore" tab is empty, but would definitely be nice if it wasn't!

Hope to see some of these features sometime, thank you!
Can't wait to see what you guys have been keeping from us for so long!
Simoher

Re: SoundCloud improvements

Postby RoJeC on 04 Sep 2016, 11:20

The Sc API is pretty limited and doesn't offer all features SC has.

To use autoplay you can drag the tracklist to the autoplay feature of Cross.

Cross always analyses tracks and determine bpm to be able to use the results while mixing with other tracks.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby Simoher on 04 Sep 2016, 13:38

No, unfortunately not, I can see that..
I still think browsing for followed users would be a nice feature.

I have not had a luck with adding any kind of tracklist to Auto Play by dragging a whole list, only single tracks, and it does not seem like I can select multiple tracks by using Ctrl etc. So it's not really that easy to use, witch I think would be the point of using Auto Play?

I know you use the analysing for mixing, but when I browse new music, I would like to know the BPM even if I have not analysed it. Which is only possible because SC already analysed it, and publish it through their API.

So I understand that you are busy with something (BIG?), so maybe some of it is already implemented, and that's why you only comment features that can't get implemented ? I hope so :D

Greetings!
Simoher

Postby RoJeC on 04 Sep 2016, 16:21

Are you using version 3.3.11? I'm not at my PC but pretty sure it should also work with sc to batch select.

I'm afraid you expect more of the API than there is. So modifications aren't to be expected to much.

In my opinion your description of sc being good for finding music while relaxing at home describes pretty well the current status of sc. Whereas when the api was build in Cross it used to open access to a broad range of music and mixes. Over time many tracks have been removed, the database has been reorganised by sc. So quite some effort was lost. Also frustrating when one ran into dead links while live performing.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby Simoher on 04 Sep 2016, 16:50

Nope, only 3.3.10, and is says it's up to date.
Heard removing cookies could help, but from where?

It seems like there is at subresource for /users, that can pull flowers, and the users tracklist, so it's not impossible.

Yeah, it always suck when things are being removed, for no other reason than to simplify something that works..

I haven't used Cross for that long, but the SC feature was the one making me choose, and I LOVE it. And I want to love it even more! Being able to mix in new music, and not having to search for it else where, is just awesome!

I have tried that.. I could not load a track from my newly updated Stream, probably because the user removed it, and it still gets pulled from SC's DB?

But that is just the way it is, if a user removes his tracks ofc. it's gone. But if I have loaded it once before, it should still be in my collection right?
Simoher

Postby RoJeC on 04 Sep 2016, 20:02

If you register your license key in your user profile you can download version 3.3.11.

The tracks you used will be listed in the Cross collection.

If a link doesn't work no more there is a tiny chance the user removed the track. The other close to 100% is DMCA related...
Ronald

RoJeC

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 13 Sep 2016, 11:03

"But that is just the way it is, if a user removes his tracks ofc. it's gone. But if I have loaded it once before, it should still be in my collection right?" > there is slight chance that it works for once, but on the long run it won't work (so the answer would be no!) That is why it could be quite tricky to rely exclusively on SoundCloud for live sets.
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM
Team@Mixvibes

Postby daniel clark on 13 Sep 2016, 23:11

:idea: well if you record it through Cross ,, you will have it too you dont want it :mrgreen:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor