Changes I'd Love to see in a new Version

Suggest features and improvements

Changes I'd Love to see in a new Version

Postby DJRicoche on 28 Mar 2016, 01:21

Hey All!

As always, many props to the DEV team at MixVibes!

I have some suggestions for future versions of MixVibes :)

First, I would be great if we could have 8 Audio/Video Samplers/Pads instead of the current 4 Audio/Video + 4 Audio only that is the option currently in the full version of Cross. I use a lot of Video intros and visual overlays in the Video Bar I work at and the 4 extra Audio/Video samplers would help immensely.

Secondly, the ability to change the layout a little more would be great. I would love the ability to turn off the waveform at the very top of the screen, for example. (I hardly ever refer to it, and it's just one more thing for the video card to deal with).

Another suggestion would be the ability to re position the player/sampler sections to better match ones individual workflow. I believe this has also been suggested by other users, so I won't go into it in depth.

Thanks in advance for hearing my ideas, and I'm looking forward to the next release to see what gifts you will be bringing us!

DJ Ricoché

Acer Predator G9-791
Intel® Core™ i7 6700HQ 2.6 GHz (Quad Core)
16GB RAM
500GB SSD - OS
500GB SSD - Music Library
2TB SSD - Video Library
Win 10-64bit
Vestax VCI 400
DJRicoche

Re: Changes I'd Love to see in a new Version

Postby daniel clark on 28 Mar 2016, 01:26

:eek: are you talking about the beat matcher wave form at top of gui ,,if so look in display menu and you can toggle this feature off,, :eek:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby DJRicoche on 28 Mar 2016, 01:27

Really? I looked there and couldn't find it - Perhaps I just missed it.

I thought this was an existing feature, but I couldn't find it when I looked last night - I will have to double check.

Thanks Daniel!

Acer Predator G9-791
16GB RAM
500GB SSD - OS
2TB SSD - Video Library
Win 10-64bit
Vestax VCI 400
DJRicoche

Postby DJRicoche on 28 Mar 2016, 01:41

I found it - I was looking under "Display" in the settings - I didn't realize it was in the "file" menu of the main interface.

Thanks Again Daniel!

Acer Predator G9-791
16GB RAM
500GB SSD - OS
2TB SSD - Video Library
Win 10-64bit
Vestax VCI 400
DJRicoche

Postby RoJeC on 28 Mar 2016, 10:49

Adding 4 more vid pads per sampler isn't likely going to be added. Technical it's easy to add but not many users will have the equipment to run this.

Think of specs like 8 core 32Gb and fast SSD.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby DJRicoche on 28 Mar 2016, 10:57

I run a i7 with 24gigs of RAM and 2 SSD's.

Just because "everyone" doesn't use it, doesn't mean it shouldn't be an option. It could be implemented via a tick box in the video settings that said something like "enable video on samplers 5 - 8" that way if people don't want to use it, it's disabled by default.

I am not trying to run 16 video samples at once, that would be insane... It would just makes it easier to not have to constantly reload the video samplers.

Acer Predator G9-791
16GB RAM
500GB SSD - OS
2TB SSD - Video Library
Win 10-64bit
Vestax VCI 400
DJRicoche

Postby BoldFaceType on 24 Apr 2016, 08:38

RoJeC,

I think COMPATIBILITY and INTEGRATION is the key for Cross going forward. IMO MixVibes should stop trying to reinvent the wheel and focus on consolidating their brand, so that their entire product line is either compatible with other MV products or outside products/technologies.
Compatibility would give each MV product longevity, by future-proofing it's lines (MIDI is never going to be obsolete). Compatibility will enhance MixVibe's other products by adding value (if RemixLive is compatible with Cross iOS, well now I have a reason to buy Cross iOS. If Cross iOS is compatible with Cross Mac, well now I have a reason to buy that too).
Compatibility improves marketing by increasing the visibility of the MixVibes brand, (think of how many more times MixVibes/Cross or RemixLive is going to show up in someone's search results if it features something like Ableton Link support, or STEMS compatibility)?

I understand that some of these suggestions are more technically challenging than others (STEMS implementation would probably be a nightmare). I also realize that there are contractual and licensing hurdles that MixVibes must navigate (licensing Link from Abelton is probably really expensive). That being said I still think MixVibes is missing some golden opportunities.

I would like to see any one or all of the following:

-Midi (MIDI clock)
-Link
-STEMS
-COMPATIBILITY within MixVibes products. For instance, I should be able to save RemixLive songs locally to my iPhone, open the track in Cross iOS to beatgrid and cue, and then transfer that track with grid and cues to Cross PC/Mac (via WiFi, BT, or USB). I should then be able to take tracks made with Cross's sample decks, chop them up, and package the pieces so that they can be transferred back to Cross iOS with cues and grid intact. Finally, we should be able to open that same track in RemixLive for tweaking, editing and playback there.
Cross remote refresh - maybe to help facilitate transfers and communications.

-BFT
Lenovo ThinkPad T510
- 240GB SSD
- Windows 10 Pro
- SP1 Intel Core i5 m520 @ 2.40GHz,
- 8.00 GB (3.86 GB usable), 64-bit os

Pioneer XDJ-R1
American Audio 14MXR
Technics SL1200 MK2 (Shure M44-7)

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (GT-N8013)
Apple iPhone 6
U-Mix Control Pro 2 (semi-retired)
BoldFaceType

Postby BoldFaceType on 01 May 2016, 09:02

MixVibes DevTeam,

Suggestions regarding Cross Remote

Observation:
I was looking through the preferences the other day and noticed that there's only one tab that doesn't look like the others and that's the "remote" tab. I think there's a really good opportunity here for MV to increase compatibility between it's products.

Conclusion
I have a Pioneer XDJ-R1 that I really enjoy (thanks for the map!). One of it's standout features is it's integration with an app called Remotebox. Remote control of the kit from your phone is exactly what it does, much like Cross remote. I really enjoy this integration with only one major gripe. Remotebox cannot stream tracks from the phone to the hardware, that's what Rekordbox (iOS/Android) does and is a feature exclusive to it's sister kit the XDJ-Aero. Pioneer could inject a lot of longevity into these products if they integrated the two apps to work together with both pieces of kit.

Suggestion:
Would it be possible to add WiFi Remote Control, and/or track streaming into Cross iOS/Android? The app would then feature track preparation, track mixing, track streaming to Cross PC/Mac, AND Cross Remote Control. That mon ami would be HUGE. And if the DEV team could then INTEGRATE RemixLive into this mess... wow.

Rational:
-As per my last post COMPATIBILITY within MV product line will increase the value of each product to the consumer.
-INTEGRATION of new products with existing lines will consolidate the brand into a consistent, COMPREHENSIVE DJ/Producer solution. -Implementing these compatibilities will create innovative features that are unique to MV products.
-Implementation would also complete an important, unfinished aspect in Cross that would increase MV's options for future development/expansion.
-These suggestion generally don't require new licensing arrangements, new technology, or collaboration outside of MixVibes
-It would be really cool

I understand that most of these suggestions involve a great deal more to implement than I realize, and some suggestions may simply be impossible. I also understand that you've been working very hard on SOMETHING for the better part of a year and must be in the final stages of development by now. I want the Dev team to know that I am only critical of their work because I know Cross has the potential to be a major competitor, and would like MixVibes Cross to get the recognition it deserves. That being said, I want to express my support for your efforts and advancements past, present and future.

-BFT
Lenovo ThinkPad T510
- 240GB SSD
- Windows 10 Pro
- SP1 Intel Core i5 m520 @ 2.40GHz,
- 8.00 GB (3.86 GB usable), 64-bit os

Pioneer XDJ-R1
American Audio 14MXR
Technics SL1200 MK2 (Shure M44-7)

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (GT-N8013)
Apple iPhone 6
U-Mix Control Pro 2 (semi-retired)