Please support ring displays around jog wheels

Suggest features and improvements

Please support ring displays around jog wheels

Postby n2ma on 04 Jan 2016, 15:01

Hi Guys,

As I started mixing with turntables I love to get a feedback from the "platter" if the music is running or not or to have a locator indication when I turn the track back or while scatching.
I got myself a vci380 especially for that feature (and CMP 800 by Stanton by the way) just o hear from FigDJ that this is not supported by Cross.
FigDJ wrote:Couple years ago I placed a suggestion for supporting the clock output as a way to support ring display around the jog wheels. I even suggested the way to go about implementing the output but I haven't heard anything on this issue from Mixvibes.

Even Virtual DJ supports this ring displays!!!
I love Mixvibes and I also like Cross after a hard time missing my DVS but this is a major problem for me!
I would be very happy if this could be implemeted in further version!!!
n2ma

Re: Please support ring displays around jog wheels

Postby n2ma on 21 Feb 2016, 14:07

Are there any developpers reading this?
I'd like to get an information if such a clockwise midioutput will be implemented or not. Sorry but without that I do not know if I'll stay with mixvibes. That's sad but I think it would be fair to tell me the truth...
Greetings
n2ma

Postby RoJeC on 22 Feb 2016, 14:39

It's like all features being asked for... The more/longer people ask for it the more likely it will be in one day.
It's not that simple as the MIDI out for this doesn't have a single source item because all decks can be master. So it would require quite some redesign of the whole audio setup within.

Pretty sure the devteam knows this for quite some years and for sure they won't say no to it. Question remains if the next new version will have the new audio routing; which would explain why there is a over half a year gap between versions this time.

Given the load of work for changing to another program you might want to wait till the next version is available.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby n2ma on 29 Feb 2016, 16:00

Hi Ronald,

thanks for your answer!
I do not want to leave mixvibes anyway (I love mixvibes and I used it since 2008 now) and waiting for a new version is not a problem at all - I'd like to know if it is planed to be implemented in reasonable time lets say until the end of the year or not... You seem to say yes. we'll see.
Greetz
N
n2ma

Postby n2ma on 05 Feb 2017, 19:09

Hi guys any news about ring leds?
I switched to serato with my vci380 as I do onlay rarely use my DVS system any more, but this weekend I did use Cross and I have to say that I still love it, and that I would come back to it if it supported my vci ring-leds.
Greetz
N
n2ma

Return to Suggestions